PDA

View Full Version : sorry, but was that really a spitfire over Ramsey?

STANDTO
17th Jul 2005, 12:09
Apologies for the spotter tone of this post, but seeing as the most interesting thing that normally happens over here is the cars rusting, I was very surprised to see what looke very much like a mk IX spit transiting west over Ramsey in the Isle of Man yesterday evening.

Did this happen, or was it too much cider again?

Groundgripper
17th Jul 2005, 13:59
There's been a Spitfire (and a few other interesting aircraft) lurking around Blackpool this weekend, presumably taking part in the Walney Island (Barrow-in-Furness) airshow. Maybe he was just going home the pretty way rather than down the M6. (Or popping over to the Isle of Man to give a mate a fly-by.)

GG

Then, again, it could have been the cider.

STANDTO
17th Jul 2005, 19:05
well, I am the muppet. We had a military VE day tattoo yesterday it transpires, so it was probably something to do with that.

In my defence, I was in the UK last week.

MightyGem
18th Jul 2005, 03:23
One overflew Woodvale on saturday, southbound. Sounds like a busy day.

Onan the Clumsy
18th Jul 2005, 15:26
Or popping over to the Isle of Man to give a mate a fly-by Maybe he just wanted to plot a route that had three legs in it :p

Seaton Approach
19th Jul 2005, 12:05
Maybe he just wanted to plot a route that had three legs in it

Then he should have used Ramsey, Cambs - the REAL Ramsey and not an imposter like it's IOM namesake..... :}

Up the Ramsey boys! :ok:

revik
19th Jul 2005, 13:03
Indeed, a VE Day bash/tattoo on Saturday evening. Was on the course at Peel at around 2000 when a Dak came over descending towards St Johns followed around 20 mins later by the Spit and lastly a display from one of those new-fangled yellow and dark-blue jobs wth too many moving parts from Valley.

Onan the Clumsy
19th Jul 2005, 13:56
Up the Ramsey boys! now there's an unfortunate turn of phrase :(