17th Jul 2005, 11:02
if you look on their web site and under routes they are looking at
1 manila.
2 jo berg.
3 paris.
4 brussels
5 toronto
6 jed in saudi
hope this of some use. however they have been advertising for staff all over including milan so ??????
lets watch watch this space as they say time will tell.
lets hope they get themselves sorted out from the mess they are in at the mo.

saly4
17th Jul 2005, 13:26
ETIHAD AIRWAYS conform to go next DEC to JNG :ok:

AMX10
17th Jul 2005, 16:51
I hear Al Ain is opening very soon!!!!

:E :E
:E :E

coffindodger
18th Jul 2005, 05:41
al ain always has been for the last 8 years that i know of because i was there when it opened, but only a hanfull flights a week , however it is a military flight training school as well, a lovely part of the uae i was there for 3 years lovely place.

AMX10
18th Jul 2005, 07:15
And rush hour is probably a car accident in front of the airport?

:E :E :E

coffindodger
18th Jul 2005, 08:22
which roundabout theres two just out side the airport and about 150 in al ain its self. ha ha
lovely place al ain.

AMX10
18th Jul 2005, 08:28
Between the two

Should read when entering the city:

"Welcome to the Round about Capital of the Middle East"

And a welcome committee made up of badus with dates to stuff up visitors's A***s! Might as well considering they always manage to screw you anyway!:ooh:

coffindodger
19th Jul 2005, 05:33
Etihad will fly to Toronto from October

Etihad Airways will launch its Toronto service with three weekly flights via Brussels next October.
The UAE's national air carrier said it also plans to add New York as a destination next year.

It is the first service to Canada by any UAE airline. Passengers will be able to book tickets online for Toronto later this month.

"We are looking forward to our first trans-Atlantic flight to North America after only two years of operations.

"Our flight to Canada will be a launchpad for our services to the US in summer 2006," said Ian Ferguson Brown, Etihad's head of Communications.

"Currently, there are no direct flights from the UAE to Canada, so this new route will provide our guests with greater flexibility when travelling to Europe and North America."

The new route to Toronto via Brussels is expected to enhance the link between the UAE, Europe and Canada, providing even more opportunities for business and tourism.

It is a step towards one of Etihad's key goals of offering access to as many of the world's capitals as possible.

this is from a uae local newspaper today fresh off the press so to speak.

gccpro
19th Jul 2005, 13:33
What a load of BS, why don't they sort their problems out first?

Never seen such a mess.

boiler
20th Jul 2005, 08:01
Where are they getting the passengers from then? Their network is not that big at all. Demand to Canada from the ME is not that great and is being served by the likes of RJ, KU, and EK. If so, they will have to rely on ISC traffic. They do not fly daily to ISC and it will be interesting to see if they can make it work. I assume they will use on of the new 777's they are getting.

In trim
21st Jul 2005, 05:56
The Canada service is via BRU and the onward BRU-YYZ is a code0share with SN.

Comments previously about the size of the network and frequency of services are correct, but the new aircraft deliveries start in Oct so the pace of network growth and therefore transfer opportunities will undoubtedly increase.