PDA

View Full Version : Help with Mature age Apprenticships in UK or Europe

ImDesheeftain Overboosta
18th Sep 2001, 17:43
Does BA or any other airline in the UK or Europe run Engineering Apprenticeships.
I'm in Australia flying at the moment and am looking into making a start into Engineering in the UK or Europe.
I've got a UK passport and was curious to get some feedback.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
PS Qantas is running apprenticeships here in oz , was just after a change.

jetfueldrinker
18th Sep 2001, 22:20
Try Monarch Aircraft Engineering at Luton airport. I understand that they run an adult training scheme. But it beats me why you want to give up your nice, cosy, air conditioned flight deck for a cold, niosey hangar with anti social shifts. If I had my time again, I would go flying instead of fixing. Just ask your self this; how many hours do you spend planning, briefing and flying in a month? If, over the space of one year it averages out at more than 160, I would be surprised. Also, can you afford the drop in pay? Aircraft engineering is not the best paid profession in the world, and the way things are going, it doesn't look likely to improve. But it is your choice and good hunting brother.

Panman
23rd Sep 2001, 12:28
Virgin Atlantic also run an apprenticeship scheme. I found this out after doing years on an ab-initio course and then doing 4 months of my 8 months work experience with them.

Panman