PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet's Plans For CGN ?

virginblue
16th Jul 2005, 17:09
Is anybody aware of Easyjet's plan for CGN ? Both LPL and EMA are now open for sale for the winter, but LGW is still not available.

Even though Germanwings has axed the CGN-LGW route, I have heard rumours that Easyjet might give up the route as well ? Any truth in that or is the explanation that Easyjet considers more capacity for the route now that they have driven off the competitor ?

easyboy
16th Jul 2005, 19:52
Not all of the winter seats are on sale yet, more will be released soon

outofsynch
17th Jul 2005, 08:16
I understand eJ are withdrawing from the LGW-CGN route too.

virginblue
17th Jul 2005, 09:42
That would mean quite an exodus from this particular market. Down from 6 LCC flights to LON per day to just 2 (Germanwings to STN), on weekends just one. I think 6 flights is probably too much capacity, but 4 could be easily sustained, particularly if STN and LGW are served.

If one adds the pax numbers of EZY and 4U on the LGW market, it should be no problem to operate two daily flights close to capacity and improve yields considerably. I think EZY would be foolish to withdraw from the route now that Germanwings has waived the white flag

phil_2405
17th Jul 2005, 10:02
Perhaps easyJet had planned to withdraw from LGW-CGN and then were surprised by Germanwings announcement and have now got to decide whether to continue the route (bearing in mind they have announced new LGW routes this week - replacements perhaps?) or to continue with their previous decision. I agree that now Germanwings have gone they should continue if they can.

Are they plans for any more routes into CGN? or will routes into Dortmund take priority?

virginblue
28th Jul 2005, 16:29
Well, in the back of my mind I have the info that EZY said some time ago that all routes for the winter will be released until the end of July. Given that all previous batches of the winter schedule were released on a Thursday and today is the last Thursday of July - can one assume that CGN-LGW has been binned as nothing is showing up in the booking engine ?

Nakata77
29th Jul 2005, 09:57
no idea about CGN, but know that something is due for GVA

jabird
29th Jul 2005, 10:49
With HLX retreating from CVT too, what's up with CGN? I know this route was never expected to do that well, but CGN has seen some pretty major improvements in facilities of late - are the costs of these being passed on to the airlines, or funded from state / federal government? Wouldn't the world cup be a major opportunity not just for the month or so it is on, but also because it will bring so much more attention to what Germany has to offer. Or is that too far away for consideration?

juninho12
29th Jul 2005, 11:15
no idea about CGN, but know that something is due for GVA

What are these plans?

Also I note that LGW-CGN has gone on sale on easyjet, albeit one daily.

Nakata77
29th Jul 2005, 12:19
a new route to the UK from GVA due

juninho12
29th Jul 2005, 12:40
other than GVA-STN already on sale since today?

phil_2405
29th Jul 2005, 12:49
I think I read on airliners.net something about a Bournemouth - Geneva service?:confused:

Nakata77
29th Jul 2005, 14:05
...and why would that be a bad thing??!!:confused: ???

phil_2405
29th Jul 2005, 14:36
Sorry, didnt mean it like...just meant I can't remember 100% if thats what it said. It would be excellent if true :ok:

Is it true then?

Nil further
30th Jul 2005, 08:23
GVA route will be GLA.

NF

conradmueller
30th Jul 2005, 11:10
Easyjet is now offering a evening-only flight from CGN to LGW.

Nakata77
30th Jul 2005, 22:23
Swiss newspaper has reported that easyJet will be serving Bournemouth from Geneva from December...

HH6702
1st Aug 2005, 09:22
HLX have pulled CGN from newcastle also