PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 402 - Type Rating required?

ABO944
16th Jul 2005, 07:11
Hi There

Could anyone tell me if you need a type or class rating to fly a Cessna 402 twin, using my CPL/ME IR ???

westhawk
16th Jul 2005, 08:10
Allright, I'll bite.

I don't know what rules you operate under in Uranus, so I'll tell you how it is in the USA, whose rules I am familiar with! First, since the C-402 is a non-turbojet multi-engine land airplane with a MGTOW of less than 12,500 lbs, the person acting as PIC of the C-402 would be required to be the holder of an airplane category, multi-engine land class rating on their pilot certificate. Second, if you propose to be employed for compensation or hire as the PIC of this airplane, then further qualifications may be required according to what type of operations will be conducted. If you could be specific about what type of operation you want to know about and under whose rules, someone will be able to help you. If the operations are to be conducted under US FAA regulations, I am happy to help. If another country, then which one? This is a global forum, so someone will be able to speak with authority about the rules in most of the more well-known countries.

Best regards,

Westhawk

ABO944
16th Jul 2005, 08:24
Thanks Westhawk

I am trying to find out about rules over in the UK and the rest of JAA airspace !!

Thanks for the info though!

ABO:ok:

OscarYankee
16th Jul 2005, 12:18
Regarding JAA, you will of course need the MEP class rating. According to AMC-FCL 1.215, all ME piston aeroplanes requires a difference training. Type rating is required if the A/C is equipped with turboprop.(Both SE and ME).

/Thomas