PDA

View Full Version : Spraying job in Latin America

Doudou
15th Jul 2005, 18:57
Greetings,
Hope don't bother again with those "Can I get a job? How?"... questions. I asked the question in Latin American forum, but not many answers.

- Do you think it's possible to get a job as contract ag-pilot in those countries, without the cintizenship/recidency... stuff? (beside this stupid CIA coke fighting spraying in Colombia)
- If yes, would a european guy, with FAA and/or JAA licence, speaking correct spanish, has any chance to get one, or there is a plenty of local very experienced pilots?
- What experience do you think could be asked?
- What the salary could look like?
- Which country gives more chances? (Argentina and uruguay have many companies, but may be many pilots also, compared to may be Bolivia with less companies but may be less experienced pilots...)

I guess the best to do will still be go there and knock on doors... but still need to know the possibilities and chances.

Any of your experience is interesting for me

Thanks for any advices and informations. Good flights

Master Red Cylinder
17th Jul 2005, 00:40
Doudou

What sort of hours, types have you flown?

The US Dept of State in joint venture with the Colombian govīt have a BIG COCA leaf and POPPY spraying program. Some oportunities for people with the experience required. Spanish is a must, pay is pretty good, risk is moderately HIGH. Residency is normally not a problem, you would get a work permit.

If interested PM me, I know someone that works there and might be able to pass on information for an application.

Otherwise normal Ag flying around SA is pretty down...

MRC

Doudou
17th Jul 2005, 19:30
Thanks for the tips.

I know about this program, but first I don't have experience enough, and second even if I was, I wouldn't go for it because of my personal opinions.

Master Red Cylinder
17th Jul 2005, 19:48
Two of a kind ;) Best of luck anyway

MRC