PDA

View Full Version : New Aviation Minister in Nigeria

Rani
15th Jul 2005, 14:42
Hello guys,
Well it's official: Former education minister Prof, Babalola Borishade was appointed Aviation Minister by the Obasanjo administration, just yesterday, and replacing Malam Yuguda.

Literally hours after his appointment, Mr. Borishade made this alarming remark exposing his own ignorance and probable zero-understanding (let alone experience) in the area of aviation:

"We will not allow ourselves to be messed around by pilots. " No mention of an investigation? Just an obnoxious and naive attack!

Would someone explain why Obasanjo, who I have grown to respect over the years, continues to assign professionals to the wrong portfolios?

spacedaddy
15th Jul 2005, 14:45
Do we really need to tell you?

Qbkair
15th Jul 2005, 16:00
Woke up this morning, got to the airport in a wonderful mood.
got ready for my flight... checked with my co-pilot .... what to do today---------- to mess up self loading freight.......

hit a cow,
extend the runway,
create a new taxyway.....

decisions, decisions... oh the fun life of a pilot:E :E :E

skygod
15th Jul 2005, 17:44
Hi guys,
Did u guys see what the new minister published in todays "This Day Newspaper" he said "we shall not allow these pilots to continue to mess us up" what a joke. I guess hes never heard of Reverted rubber aquaplaning, or hydroplaning. There first response is to suspend the damn pilots for three months. Does that solve the damn problem? absolutely not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mr professor of education. Hes not aware of the kind of environment in which we operate in. Some one please educate ooooops sorry hes a professor in Education, so u cant educate him. May God save us from this boooozo. Fly safe, report braking action , happy landings my fellow pilots!!!!!

NIJASEA
15th Jul 2005, 19:42
Skygod and fellow ppruners why cant we be patient to see what the new minister has to offer....... Maybe a rebirth of Nigeria Airwaste sorry i mean airways or maybe he can try to have his foot surgically removed from his mouth and get a clue or preferably a set of advisers who have basic aviation knowledge. To our humble minister i say :yuk: and :mad: .

nozzle
15th Jul 2005, 19:55
In these cases we just must start buying alot more bananas then what we used to its becoming comon

oneeyed
16th Jul 2005, 22:04
Well, as we can see it doesn't take much to become Aviation Minister in Nigeria - unfortunately for the industry.

The annoying fact in this particular appointment is that the gentleman in question was Minister of Aviation before becoming Minister of Education. For the ones that don't reme,ber he was predecessor to the Honourable Dr. Kemafor Chickwe.

Anyway after the Mallam, we will have to wait and see if it can really get worse.

:suspect: