PDA

View Full Version : cd roms

prasanna
17th Dec 2001, 01:43
recently i bought , for a few dolars , complete helicopter maintenance manuals for certain helicopters. i am a civil airliner fan and wonder if such cd roms are available. ofcourse they will not be used for operational purposes.

ay info will be welcome. you may email me at [email protected]

thank you

prasan :rolleyes:

Golden Rivet
17th Dec 2001, 12:51
Sorry

Given the current climate I think such publications should remain in the hands of the engineers/airlines and should not become available to the public.

nilnotedtks
17th Dec 2001, 12:59
Never mind the current climate Golden Rivet, ANY climate is the wrong time for aircraft technical publications to fall into the hands of anything but a carefully controlled enviroment. I wonder if these dodgy helicopter manuals are subject to the same amendment service as the manuals I use on our big jets, likely not ! This is dangerous, scarey stuff and should be stamped on hard !

prasanna
17th Dec 2001, 22:33
ofcourse i am not a mechanic, so there is no chance of someone using the manuals for actual service work. it was just to learn about the mechanics of such equipment (curiosity) that i got the stuff. however, i have destroyed the manuals as a safety precaution.

prasan :eek:

HiSpeedTape
18th Dec 2001, 03:52
Ooops ! There goes my nice lttle earner down at the car boot sale. Anyone interested in a collection of empty jewel cases. I've got Triples, Doubles and singles available.

HST

Blacksheep
18th Dec 2001, 10:08
Aw! no need to be rotten to the enthusiasts is there? Couldn't we let him have a couple of Boeing AMMs as long as we delete chapter 52? :rolleyes:

Through difficulties to the cinema

CONES R US
18th Dec 2001, 11:02
back to the original question.... yes maintenance manuals and parts catalogues are available on CD ROM.
The 146 is self-sabotaging anyway, so it doesn't matter who knows what information about it :p

A4-Heliworker
30th Dec 2001, 18:23
Prasanna,

How much would you want for these CD's, or copies of the CD's ???

Cheers

HeliEng
30th Dec 2001, 22:28
Slightly off the point I know, but where are you based A4-Heliworker?

"Some days you are pigeon, some days you are the statue!"

A4-Heliworker
31st Dec 2001, 17:41
Why would anyone want to know ??

HeliEng
31st Dec 2001, 18:48
Having worked in that area, was just curious!

No ulteria motive, I can assure you.

"Some days you are the statue, some days you are the pigeon!"

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
31st Dec 2001, 19:41
slightly off the original thread - does anyone have experience of the avantext package of cd's ?

i see they have AD's on disk as before - and alos cessna/piper/mooney/lycoming on cd.id buy a disc to try but pricey ! anyone got a copy or tried them ?