PDA

View Full Version : Canadian ATPL To JAR

BCASFlyboy
15th Jul 2005, 01:12
Hi there,

I was hoping to see if I might be able to obtain some assistance from anyone in the know.

I currently have my Canadian ATPL, and recently received my E.U. passport, and I would like to get my Jar ATPL so that I can have a chance at a better career in the aviation industry.

I'm not sure if licence validation would work for me because I don't really have any type ratings that would be that useful over in Europe (and I'm not sure if you can have your licences validated with a certain type rating).

If anyone has some advice or suggestions on the best way to convert my license, I would be greatly appreciative.

I am 24 years old, have been flying for 5 years, and have 2250 hours with King Air 200 and B737-200 type ratings (plus other small aircraft). I also have a 4 year degree (business), and I currently work as an Air Ambulance Captain.

Thank you very much to anyone who is able to offer any information.

whiskey1
15th Jul 2005, 13:48
The bad news is, that from what you have said, you must complete all 14 ATPL exams.

Can only apply for exemptions if you have more than 3000 hours on Aircraft above 30,000 kg of which 1,500 must be command i.e Captain.

So afraid your stuck with 14 Theory exams. You are exempt the formal Ground School requirement but its very tough to do without doing groundschool either fulltime or distance learning.

As for flying, CPL is hours as required about 5 is normal to get familar with the airspace. While IR is a minimum of 15 hours of which 10 can be in an FNPT2 approved sim.

Hope this helps.

W1

Jelly Doughnut
15th Jul 2005, 14:05
If you have some experience on the 737-200, you could convert your ATPL onto that. Still need to do the exams, and some sim training to bring you up to standard. Then need to do the License Skill Test with a CAA inspector observing.

Check the Ryanair thread under Rumours & news, they currently short of drivers it seems. Might be able to get you started with a validation, worth a try?!

Good luck :ok: