PDA

View Full Version : NJI and ECLIPSE

Metal Mickey
9th Dec 2001, 01:36
Given that most engineers and flight crew were employed by Eclipse in Luxembourg and not paid for their notice periods, in breach of contract, is there any truth in the rumour that under Luxembourg Law the Luxembourg Government is obliged to pick up the tab. Now that would make my Christmas!! :)

ww24
11th Dec 2001, 00:53
It appears so, a number a guys have joined in with the lux lawyer.

PPRuNe Towers
11th Dec 2001, 04:00
We'd really appreciate some details from any of you involved. Normal PPruNe confidentiality assured.

Someone from Eclipse is yet again making threatening noises so we'd love to hear your side of the story.

Rob Lloyd.

Metal Mickey
11th Dec 2001, 15:39
Basically, people were given X months notice in accordance with the terms of their contracts. Obviously the contract provided for being paid for the duration of the said notice period. Unfortunately no pay was forthcoming not to mention outstanding expenses, cost of fares home, lost security deposits on apartments etc.
Eclipse have claimed inability to pay as NJI have not paid them. Ex-employees have no option now but to pursue whatever legal channels are open to them.
By the way, it should be pointed out that a lot of people suffered substantial losses in that they had to forfeit substantial rent/security deposits when they had to vacate their respective nests at the drop of a hat.

Jumb0lin0
11th Dec 2001, 16:01
Towers, as Mickey, stated,
We have not been paid since Sep, having worked all of Oct and a week into Nov. As pointed out, the notice period on the contract is due to expire in Dec, and on top of this I have 27days paid leave owing to me. I too had just signed a lease and moved in on the 1st of OCT. Eclipse has never informed us of anything. Never contacted us. It seems like they were happy to take their cut of the contract from NJI when NJI paid them, now it is time for them to face their legal obligations as per their contractual agreement. :(

Frequent Flyer
11th Dec 2001, 20:33
Towers, Just supporting what you have already heard. We have at no time received any notice of non payment or explanation as to the reason they/he has not paid, does not answer the phone, etc. On signing the contract with Eclipse one of the things that was pushed was that it protected us ever if NJI went down we would still get our two months notice! I personally am owed approx £13500 (UK Stirling). If Eclipse is making noises to you can I suggest you tell him to start talking to his employees! :mad:

PPRuNe Towers
12th Dec 2001, 02:56
All greatly appreciated Guys.

Just to keep you all in the picture we received to threats of legal action a couple of months ago when the subject first cropped up and obviously it's happened again.

This thread is not closed and we are entirely happy for you continue using the site to liase with former colleagues. I would however suggest you use private mail for discussing actual tactics and any potential legal action. We've got no problems with you putting it here but it isn't really serving your own interests if it is available for all to read.

Rob Lloyd