PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook Recruitment

randomair
14th Jul 2005, 14:57
Hello,

Does anyone by any chance know when thomas cook are due to be recruiting again? Good career airline to work for??

Also what type of questions do they normally ask in the interview and when your pnf in the sim assesment?

Any info would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

wheelbarrow
15th Jul 2005, 11:56
I fly for TC.

I asked the Captain in charge of recruitment about 3 weeks ago when we would be recruiting again.

From 1st August onwards, people should monitor www.thomascookpilots.com very closely.

All applications are online now.

As for a career airline, well I don't know.... some people love it, some hate it.

A lot of disruption this summer and in fairness, the company is very cautious and not dynamic in the slightest.

If you join now, you will be waiting a MINIMUM of 8 years for a command, and I think it will be more like 10 + years.

I have been in 5 years. I am 100 places or so away from command and only 60 places from the bottom of the seniority list.

Draw your own conclusions.

zerograv
18th Jul 2005, 16:02
Wheelbarrow

Any idea of how many people the person in charge will be looking to recruit?

Safe flights,
Zerograv

G-ANDY
18th Jul 2005, 18:11
Are they looking for experienced pilots with type ratings, or people with new shiney fATPL's? - which I don't have yet!!

randomair
20th Jul 2005, 22:31
How do you find the lifestyle?

I'm working for a regional airline at the moment and i'm trying to figure out what my next move should be!

I'm concidering thomas cook, or any of the other charter airlines like first choice and thompsonfly!

or

BA

Any advice?

wheelbarrow
21st Jul 2005, 13:03
Zerograv,

There are rumours of another A330 in 2006 sometime. And rumours of an extra 757.

There will be at least 10 commands internally.

I would expect 30 or so pilots to be recruited.... and if we expand... up to 50 or more.

G-ANDY

In an ideal world, all airlines would like experience and ratings. However, TCUK will train the right people.... experienced or not it would seem.

If you have no experience, try CTC...

randomair

Life is OK. Money much better than regionals. It is a job really, no more, no less.

Wheelon-Wheeloff.
22nd Jul 2005, 14:30
Wheelbarrow, what do you get with regard to Staff Travel? I understand the charters offer a certain amount of free holidays at their own resorts but do you get Standby or cheap travel with Airlines other than your own?

Also how many nights per month are you away?

Thanks in advance

WW

wheelbarrow
22nd Jul 2005, 18:50
WW,

You get discounted hols, £25 standby travel on company aircraft and a host of deals with other carriers.

You are also able to book last minute deals for £99... that could be 1* crap or 5* luxury.

I get no nightstops a month. If you want glamour, I suggest you look elsewhere.

You will work hard in Summer and virtually not at all in winter.

Hudson Bay
22nd Jul 2005, 19:21
I work for a l low cost operator as a captain and looking at T.Cooks T's and Conditions I do not see any incentive to move. Am I over looking something or should I leave and accept a 25 grand wage drop?