PDA

View Full Version : Command Flight Planner....

planemad_bk
14th Jul 2005, 12:27
Thinking of purchasing Command Flight Planner....will be doing most of my command flying IFR....so is Command Flight Planner any good for the job?

Howard Hughes
14th Jul 2005, 23:02
One of the companies where I previously worked had Command installed and it was a great system. I would thoroughly recommend it, if ever I need to buy buy flight planning software, Command will be it. Once you have a number of your regular plans stored, flight planning can be done in under 2 minutes including SPFIB. It can also handle wieght and balance calculations.

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

PS: All low capacity RPT with some IFR charter.

On eyre
15th Jul 2005, 00:02
Have a look at Champagne Flight Planner 3000 also - been around the longest.

I have used it for many years for IFR charter - does everything, regularly updated with any changes to airspace etc.
Don't know about relative costs but worth including in a comparative check.

Cheers

TurboOtter
22nd Jul 2005, 03:16
Has anyone used both. It seems like Champane is mose expensive especially if you want it on you home and work computer.

Basically you want a program that you plug in you departure, waypoints and arrival and expect the program do do everything. do both of these do that. They claim they do.

Also has anyone used these to weed through the Notams/weather to highlight what is truely important?

Thanks

Not_Another_Pot
24th Jul 2005, 23:58
Yes I have used both. I now just use Champane.

It's user friendly, simple and accurate in both IFR and VFR.

I think you are allowed to put it on two computers.

NAP

Uncommon Sense
25th Jul 2005, 01:08
Have also used both - I now use Champagne but I don't fly IFR these days.

Kickatinalong
25th Jul 2005, 11:07
I only use Command now, have tried others but keep going back to Command, find the programer will talk and listen to your problems and with the next update you find he has fixed the little bugs, Colin Allen allows you to put it on 3 computers, Home, Laptop & Office at no extra charge. its great for IFR & VFR.
I'll email you C Ya
Kickatinalong