PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Airline to New York

A300Man-2005
14th Jul 2005, 10:28
Emirates will double its frequency from Dubai to New York JFK from mid-November this year.

Services will now operate twice-daily, using an Airbus A340-500 aircraft primarily.

The new service will depart from Dubai daily at 01:30hrs, arriving in JFK by 07:30hrs local time.

I guess business must be good on that route..................

newswatcher
14th Jul 2005, 12:34
Interesting arrival time in NY. I don't think I would want to conduct business after a 14 hour flight, when my body clock thought it was approaching "going home" time! Wonder why they didn't go the other way, and have it leave Dubai mid-afternoon, for "evening" arrival in NY.

If this route is one for the A380, it will interesting to see if second flight is maintained.

mutt
14th Jul 2005, 14:33
Dubai mid-afternoon

Considering the summer temperatures, could the A340-600 operate the route non-stop?

Mutt.

White Knight
14th Jul 2005, 14:38
Sure could! Bear in mind that the last few days have seen the 13hr 30min flights to SYD and MEL departing in temperatures of 44 degrees around 10.30am.
It's a real heavy lifter:ok:

Global Nomad
14th Jul 2005, 19:09
You mean the A340-500?

The 777 fleet claim that they will be doing JFK soon so it's a mute point.

Then again, Emirates would need 100 B777's to do all the routes that the B777 fleet claims are coming to them.

helen-damnation
14th Jul 2005, 19:43
Without looking at the books, surely a departure at that time will need 4 crew all year round and not the famous summer 3!
Where are all these pilots?:confused: :confused:

KunnDize
14th Jul 2005, 20:34
Ah yes, shave off 5 min and 1 pilot. Nice...

By the way, it's a "moot" point.

bigmountain
14th Jul 2005, 20:58
WITH THE 777 YOU DON'T SHAVE OF 5MIN, ON A DXB-JFK SECTOR. YOU CAN SHAVE OFF 30 MIN AND AN EXTRA CREW IF YOU BELIEVE MR BOEING......

BM

Zomp
14th Jul 2005, 21:28
BM
you shave off 30 min but you have a delay of 60 min out of DXB if you are lucky, unfortunately there are still EK drivers who go in discretion out of DXB.

jumbo1
15th Jul 2005, 04:43
777 to JFK not likely before mid 2006. No a/c with crew rests before then. What a great idea to have crew rests removed from a long haul a/c in which they come standard with them fitted. Now we can't really use them for long haul. Oh, but we can carry more cargo to BKK.
Keep discovering...........................:ok:

Wiley
15th Jul 2005, 05:24
I know I'm sure to be corrected post haste if this infomation is wrong, but one of the cleaners told me last week that someone had done the sums on DXB-SYD (which is more or less the same time and distance DXB-JFK) and the 77ER came out 20 minutes faster and 6 tonnes less burn than the 340.

If that's even close to being correct, I can see the Boos going elsewhere PDQ. I think that 20 minutes translates into 3 pilots, not 4, for more months of the year, and in an airline that delays APU start to save fuel, 6 tonnes x 2, X 365 starts to look very good, even to a non accountant. Oh, and the 77 carries more people and more freight - (faster) - and the JFK flights have been overbooked by up to 60 virtually daily for weeks now (before no shows).

Unless delivery sked has slipped, the same cleaner told me that the first 77 with crew rest arrives in October.

Like many others, I'm still scratching my head over the decision to remove the crew rest from the first (how ever many) aircraft. I'm waiting for the first time a JFK or SYD-bound 77 goes tech and they have another 77ER on the line that's perfectably serviceable and not slotted to go anywhere for a few hours... but it has no crew rest.

Of course, we all know what will happen then.... EK's most sacred word will be invoked, the word that starts with the fourth letter of the alphabet, ends in "-ion", and and has the odd "s" and a "p" somewhere in the middle.

Vorsicht
15th Jul 2005, 06:07
Would that be before or after their other favourtie word beginning with 'W' and ending in 'aiver'

mini cooper
19th Jul 2005, 10:23
Sorry too little sleep, too many flying hours, brain fuzzed........ help me out what word are you after Wiley( I never was any good at scrabble!!!!)??????
long flt, no crew rest, can't do it so I was thinking along the lines of 'goodbye I'm going home' but can't a p into it anywhere!!!!!!!!

off to bed!!!!

:confused: