PDA

View Full Version : Open for discussion....

joerkaaff
13th Jul 2005, 21:13
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the next Albert Einstein. I'll admit I don't have the brains to address the press at a press-conference like a lot of our politicians do here in Norway...

... but could someone PLEASE explain to me why the Norwegian Government has offered an invitation to tender in the regional routes in norway where:

- The ONLY requirement is minimum compensation
- There is no requriements for TCAS (even though almost the entire operation is conducted in Class G airspace where several incidents are reported every year related to AIRPROX) ?
- There is no requirement for EGPWS (although the operation is almost entirely conducted in mountenous terrain during 6 months of complete darkness in a non-radar environment)?
- There is no requirement for a functional flight safety department (beyond the "You've got the job!!" type in-house appointments)
- Minimum compensation means minimum quality pilots (the ones flying are the ones the "more expensive" airlines won't hire for whatever reason.... )
- There is no requirement for a FDAP (flight data analysis program) athough the operation is being conducted into some of the most critical airports in the western world....
- There is no requirements for an operative flight operations center... ( "Budget airline with 19 passengers onboard requesting VFR (in **** conditions) from A to B because nobody (read: NOBODY) knew or understood how the FUA (flexible use of airspace system) works and nobody bothered to check the NOTOAM which stated that the entire destination TMA would be recalled to fighter traffic between 1300 and 1500...)
- There is no requirement to conduct a real aircraft category assesment of the airport operating minimums and local geography. ("Om motoren stopper flyr vi nåå bare ut fjorden dær... og opp dalen dær... de går sikkert bra!")

And that's not to mention a functioning training department, operations department, and pilot screening department.

Bottom line: I'll bet every single operator who bids on this contract has a flight safety manager, a quality policy etc etc....
but where is the NCAA who is supposed to be verifying that the text written in the OM A/B/C and D actually reflects the real operations on the ground?? I [do] know of several companies who have been awarded these contracts in the past - who are nowhere near the criterias which JAR-OPS and common airmanship sense dictates. Where is the NCAA in all this?

Do the passengers actually know what this means? Of course not. They believe that the NCAA have set minimum standards which will ensure a minimum safety standard for every operator on these routes. Bu11sh1t.....

(yes, yes... I know the operations are to be in accordance with JAR-OPS 1..... but so is "Virtual Braathens" flying on flightsim. )

Crossunder
13th Jul 2005, 21:34
It's because the morons behind all this don't have the first clue as to how things really work in the aviation industry, and also due to the fact that the NCAA doesn't really function as a top-level supervisor, like it should.
In the aviation industry, not only does the money do most (if not all) of the talking, but everything else walks - not just the b-ullshythe! It's a real shame that we haven't gotten much further in our quest for a high standard/level of aviation safety in the relatively small country of Norway.

Pisses me off, really! :mad:

Son of a Beech
19th Jul 2005, 17:10
My Norwegian is not so good but the way I read it norway fourth larges airline is also trying to get an exemption on having a GPWS installen in one of their ATR 42's

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
offentlig journal Luftfartstilsynet:

2005/02997-1
Dok.dato: 04072005
Arkivkode: 332
Grad: U 0
Uoff:

I Fra: Coast Air AS
Sak: Coast Air - midlertidig dispensasjon fra JAR-OPS 1.665 for ATR42-320, MSN 148, LN-FAO
Dok: Coast Air - søknad om midlertidig dispensasjon (til 01.10.2005) fra JAR-OPS 1.665 for ATR42-320, MSN 148, LN-FAO
Saksansv: TO / TOV

(http://www.luftfartstilsynet.no/applications/system/publish/view/showobject.asp?infoobjectid=1002606)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

it might be temporairly but still................not just the small fish who are trying it.

SOAB