PDA

View Full Version : New Wizz flights to Uk

Keyvon
13th Jul 2005, 17:47
Wizz has announced two new Uk routes from Kaunas (Lithuania).
It will serve both Luton and Liverpool to Kaunas, starting from 1st December. It will also launch new flights from Kaunas to : BVA, DTM, NYO and MMX.

BombardierCR7
13th Jul 2005, 17:55
I thought they were to launch Kaunas - Warsaw, the rest being connections via WAW?

Keyvon
13th Jul 2005, 18:10
Yes, all the flights from Kaunas are via WAW.

airhumberside
13th Jul 2005, 19:20
Wizz have also launched routes from WAW to BUD and DTM according to commercial aviation today

nickmanl
14th Jul 2005, 08:23
Someone mentioned on here EasyJet are beating WizzAir on Luton - Budapest and Warsaw routes, and recently we have seen Wizz announce new routes from eastern europe via these airports en route to Luton.

Does anyone think its to do with poor load factors and an attempt to beef up the loads to compete with U2, or am I just been sinister?

Powerjet1
14th Jul 2005, 08:47
Both these routes are now once daily. At its peak BUD was 3 x daily & WAW 2 x daily. Having said that, I have flown both routes several times in the last twelve months and loads have always appeared pretty good with WAW possibly just having the edge. With easy it was almost full everytime from LTN but that was not the case on the return. So easy probably are in the lead but not massively so.

Wizz have increased Gdansk to twice daily ex LTN & WAW goes back to twice daily on some days from DEC.

Yak97
14th Jul 2005, 09:24
Something for this lot to do....

July 13: Wizz Air signed LOI to order 24 A320 Family aircraft with V2500s from Airbus. It currently operates six.