PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Fuel Surcharge ?

virginblue
13th Jul 2005, 15:51
It appears as if Ryanair Ryanair has increased its "insurance/ wheelchair levy" for a lot of airports throughout the system during the last week. The increase seems to be in the 1.20 - 2.00 EUR range and differs from airport to airport.

Is there a logical explanation for that move ? Have insurance costs indeed been increased or is this a stealthy fuel surcharge which Ryanair officially does not want to charge ?

I was also under the impression that the wheelchair saga has long been settled in court and that there is no reason (if ever there was....) to charge this bizarre "wheelchair levy" ?

tom de luxe
14th Jul 2005, 11:12
1. What else would it be, givent that airport taxes and fees haven't gone up AFAIK, at least not at the airports I bothered to check (although the stealth "fuel surcharge" is a small one compared to most traditional cariers)?

2. The golden rule of LoCo advertising: Never let clarity or truth in advertising get in the way of a seriously low fare* (*one-way excl. taxes, conditions apply, departures Tue-Thu 11 - 11:30 hrs in November 2006, Best Pay - Best Rosters ...oops that's on top of the page I'm viewing right now, so pls disregard).

Tom