PDA

View Full Version : Public Transport Single Pilot over age 60?

wassatboing?
13th Jul 2005, 15:19
Heard a rumour that the 60 age limit had been succesfully challenged. Anyone any information?
Yes I'm 59 and a bit!

SASless
13th Jul 2005, 15:21
US pilots in the GOM are flying....well into their 70's....but at the pay rates they had to endure...they have to.

Aesir
13th Jul 2005, 16:43
Iīm assuming JAR regs here right?

I know in my country you can fly "aerial work" single pilot over 60. Now aerial work in Scandinavia requires AOC but I seem to have heard that in the UK an AOC is not needed.

But for JAR-OPS 3 operations the 60 year limit is still valid unless flying multi crew.

But then again individual countries seem to sometimes interpret the JARīs in different ways or have their own rules!

wassatboing?
13th Jul 2005, 19:30
Yes I'm specifically referring to the UK CAA.

ThomasTheTankEngine
13th Jul 2005, 21:04
As I understand things for public transport as captain 60 is the limit, As co-pilot you can fly past 60.

For aerial work you can also fly past 60 as captain. I know one pilot who still flys pipe line age 68 but this isn't in the UK.

It's best if you check with the UK CAA to be 100% sure.

alghaita ganga
13th Jul 2005, 21:16
I think in most JAR/EASA states you can't fly public transport single pilot over 60, though in most you may fly in comman d provided the other pilot is less than 60. You can normally only fly single pilopt over 60 for aerial work and private category flights.