PDA

View Full Version : Massy or BAE Adelaide?

fluxos
13th Jul 2005, 14:48
Hi there,

After much considerations and research, I have finally decided to attend my IR course at either Massey or BAE Adelaide.

Massey - Their flight training seems to have garnered a lot of negative feedback on pprune. However, the fundamental reason I still wish to do my training there is because Massey is the ONLY university/school that has an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) with Singapore CAAS (I’m Singaporean. Duh). Thus, I thought that this might give me an added advantage if I applied to Singapore Airlines. Moreover, I have heard from relatives that Massey has some sort of deal with Singapore Airlines that they will accept the top 10 students and upon further training to become FO.

BAE Adelaide - Though more costly than the norm, it seems to be one of the better schools around? Again, I hope that this apparent 'prestige' would help me with future prospects.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Dart18
14th Jul 2005, 05:06
Fluxos,

Forget BAE mate.........they only reserve their BE76 Duchess for the cadets, and when cadets are not using those aircrafts, then it's your turn! My mate spend 3 months getting his M/E CIR with BAE!

I got mine with a flying club in YSBK, and it took me 18 days! They treat me like a proper respectable customer. I doubt you'll get that sort of service in BAE at all.

Prestige is not a consideration when it comes to spending Aus$10,000. Word of mouth is more important.

If looking ahead at joining SIA, think about SFC. (That's the 'other' flying school CAAS recognise)

Hope this helps