PDA

View Full Version : Incomplete work.

Leatherman
3rd Sep 2001, 21:50
Just thinking about the Air Transat business and that engine change/S.B.
Just what would you have done?Anyone come under that sort of management pressure?
Perhaps you would have raised an inspection for chafing lines?
But then the S.B. was incompleted.How was it certified?

:(

shytalk
3rd Sep 2001, 22:24
The guy did great, I just wonder how many of us would have just rolled over, It should be required reading for all those wannabe engineers out there.............but for the grace of god go I. :o :o

spannersatcx
3rd Sep 2001, 23:59
Sorry for my ignorance, but could you elloborate as I know not what you are talking about? :confused:

near enuf is good enuf
4th Sep 2001, 02:01
Spanners,

Go to Rumours and News, Mechanic warned Air Transat............

Lu Zuckerman
4th Sep 2001, 03:43
According to an Air Transat official who was interviewed on television it never happened. He indicated that they checked with the union and they were not able to confirm that the complaint to the supervisor was ever made. There was a supervisor that was suspended with pay but he indicated that this was a common practice while an investigation into the fuel loss problem is fully investigated. He further indicated that the suspended supervisor has not in the loop regarding the alleged complaint. Then again he was speaking from behind one of the circled wagons.

Alan Key
4th Sep 2001, 14:28
Do any of you Airbus guys know if it was a mandatory SB, and whether it had to be done before the flight ?