PDA

View Full Version : Emirates scheduling

starway8
13th Jul 2005, 08:18
Hello everybody!

Anybody out there, currently flying for EK, that can give me a more detailed look at an average monthly schedule of both the B777 and A-330?

Very recently took the EK interview but I'm wondering if it is possible to travel back and forth every month between Europe and Dubai on my days off..... I'm interested in the possibility of consecutive days off....

And what will an EK ticket to Europe cost me after my 6 months probation? (They're talking about 'discounted travel', but I have no idea what kind of fares I'm looking at)

Thanks for the info! It is much appreciated!

Check 'Six'
13th Jul 2005, 23:56
The short answer is no!

The long answer is definately NO!

Three reasons why I am leaving EK after 11 plus years is because of this inability to commute! Consecutive days off, are not guaranteed. Use of jumpseat if flight is full NO!! And the money is crap!!

Enjoy your career with EK, I am sure you will be happy, like many are!

Great airline or should I say, has(had) the potential of being a great job but alas!

Very relieved to be leaving. Many more will follow this year.

Check your six lads!

Bye!!!:ok:

Kawasaki787
29th Aug 2005, 06:03
:confused: Mate, think twice before joining Emirates. The shine has gone, as management are trying to screw their assests like there is no tomorrow. Roster, What roster!! Good luck.

BigGeordie
29th Aug 2005, 08:25
The discounted travel is id90, so it depends where in Europe you are trying to get to. However, it is almost impossible to get enough days off in a row to make it possible anyway. If you don't want to live in Dubai don't take the job.

jumbo1
30th Aug 2005, 10:27
I agree with the above. If your plan is to take the job and commute - forget it! Either plan on coming here to live (with family if married) or don't take the job.
Rosters are a mess - you are not guaranteed requested days off in top bid month etc.
Good luck with the choice mate
J1

Bored-teacher
30th Aug 2005, 21:37
Why do you and your family not like living and working in Dubai? Surely it is everyones dream?