PDA

View Full Version : And another SAAF crew member in the poo ..

Gunship
13th Jul 2005, 07:47
............ part of the Air Force's new approach to the legal prosecution of offenders, instead of deciding internally on misdemeanours.

Similar action will presumably be taken after an Alouette helicopter crashed in March this year outside Harrismith in the Free State.

The pilot had stopped at the Wimpy so that the crew on board could buy food. The helicopter crashed shortly after take-off.

Apparently 15 charges relating to negligence are now being investigated against the pilot, a lieutenant from Bloemfontein. :} :} :}

pointer41
13th Jul 2005, 17:33
Well!

If my aircraft could land at a Wimpy, for sure I would have stopped for a burger! Sad thing is, the "senior guys" have done some much more naughty things in a helo than this youngster, but now they are throwing stones. I can understand the drive for discipline, nobody in the industry cannot afford mistakes, but please, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater!

oryxs
14th Jul 2005, 22:38
Gunns

One of these days they are going to send you a bill for all those 20mm ammo you used up in the bush :E

If they get creative they will also inclued all the jet a1 you used while orbitting too spend said ammo :O

This makes me glad I left the circus before the clowns started running it. Fly safe and watch your six down there in darkest africa.

Gunship
15th Jul 2005, 07:12
Hey Oryxs

Yip you are right ...never mind the steaks we ate in the menasie and the cheap beer we had in the bush.

Rumour has it that this okie is quite a stoute rakker in the SAAF and one of many problems he created.

Well let's see the outcome.

Take care out there.

Gunsssss :}

pongopilot
15th Jul 2005, 09:34
Well, if he did an impromptu "air show" and in the process lost an Alo, he must take what is coming his way. With rank comes responsibility.

In the “old times” I remember the Puma’s land with “ice, cheese, steaks, bread and butter etc” somewhere in a sh1thole to cater for the brass when there was a serious bit of shooting around. Me, I chowed the famous pongofood until I discovered how to distribute the offloading of the choppers.

Eishhh, those were the days

rags
15th Jul 2005, 12:58
Gunssss , Oryxs

How much do you think will they now charge "Kreefdief" for his grouss (famous) transgression.

Lucky for him he did not "crash shortly after take-off"

;)