PDA

View Full Version : To be or not to be......an Airline Pilot

zendj
12th Jul 2005, 23:05
Hey guys

Just wanted to get a show of hands on the following.....

If you are employed as an airline pilot was your mum/dad/any other relative also employed as an airline pilot? - If so, do you think this was an advantage to you gaining employment?

And on the flip side - If you are employed as an airline pilot but your mum/dad/relatives are/were not airline pilots - do you think this was a disadvantage to you?.

Do you think there is a genetic trait that could be to your advantage in gaining employment as an airline pilot?

Cheers! :ok:

Condensation
13th Jul 2005, 00:54
Most of the airline pilots I know don't have any relatives at all as airline pilots and they're doing great, so I don't see how it affects you if you've been accepted already.

The Messiah
15th Jul 2005, 02:42
My mother was an alchoholic which was a clear advantage.

Vorsicht
15th Jul 2005, 06:09
My father was a piano player in whore house. Also seemed to stand me in good stead.

Alien Sex God
15th Jul 2005, 06:29
My mother worked in a whore house. Maybe we're related?

Googlewac
15th Jul 2005, 12:01
My father owned a piano company that supplied piano's to whorehouses.

cobber74
15th Jul 2005, 13:51
i own a whore house. but no it doesnt affect your progress into the airline if u dnt know any1.

CaptainGSR
15th Jul 2005, 16:07
For most airlines around the world it is a major advantage as long as your relative is close to and in good terms with management of course (i.e. chief pilot office or training department). Some will consider your application only if it is walked-in by a current employee, or only if you have one or two in-house letters of recommendations. Some airlines are different of course, but it is still true for most of them.

Not knowing anybody is not a disadvantage since 99% of newhires do not anyway!

Hope it helps.

bushy
16th Jul 2005, 05:53
Some time ago a particular chief pilot of a small charter company was offered a job in an airline, provided he arranged a job with the charter company for "a friend".

king oath
16th Jul 2005, 07:13
Seems to be an advantage if your mother works in flight admin of a large airline I can think of. Seems to be a number of offspring with the same name working there.

Kaptin M
16th Jul 2005, 07:31
King, was that you in Nagoya a couple of days ago, stating your name over the r/t in response to my bon voyage?

I've known pilots whose Dad's were in airlines - some got in, some didn't.
In general, it went on the applicant's own merits, and not those (or otherwise) of his conceptor.

Enema Bandit's Dad
16th Jul 2005, 08:59
And don't tell me. Kaptin M owned the whorehouse. :D

Paint The Sky Pink!
17th Jul 2005, 13:17
To be or not to be.........................an airline pilot?

Why would you want to be an airline pilot when you could be an AG PILOT!

:} :} :} :} :} :}

PTSP!

EMS R22
17th Jul 2005, 23:54
"Ditto" , Pinky

tinpis
18th Jul 2005, 02:47
Ive known ag pilots that have been banned from whorehouses :8

cobber74
18th Jul 2005, 07:14
ag pilots suck.