PDA

View Full Version : CAA Oral Failure.

KwikPhix
15th Nov 2001, 18:17
A workmate of mine recently took his Oral exam and is pretty sure that he might have failed. ( The surveyer said he won't be recommending a pass at this time). This would have been for the issue of an initial/1st Sect L license. Does anybody know what the waiting period is for a resit, it used to be 3 months ,then was reduced to 1 month. With all AD300's having to be in by 31 May and all exams to be completed by 31 Dec (within 6 months of application) surely he should get his resit before christmas.Is anyone else taking Sect L exams (large A/C) after this time -in the new year ?

Pen it off!
16th Nov 2001, 01:48
KwikPhix,

not sure whether i'm on the right track here but a friend of mine also recently failed an oral for electrical license using the section L syllabus. he was told that he would have to wait 3 months to re-apply and then it would have to be using the dreaded JAR66 system, as his section L application was no longer valid after a failure.

KwikPhix
16th Nov 2001, 04:25
Cheers for the info I'll pass it on. I had told my mate not to worry about his oral too much as he had already done the hard bit by passing the written. He had a different surveyer to the one that I had, also at a differnt regional office, unfortunately for my pal his surveyer took a slightly different approach to the exam than mine. I suppose all he can do now is wait for the envelope, I am sure Engineer licensing will inform him of his next step. I just thought I would ask to get a bit of a 'heads up' for him. cheers.

A4-Heliworker
20th Nov 2001, 15:49
You could also cheer him up by being honest and calling him a 'thick muppet'