PDA

View Full Version : Ipaq help please

take_that
12th Jul 2005, 15:46
Hi,

Can anyone help me with this problem?

I recently synchoronised my Ipaq with my PC (ActiveSync). I was given a prompt to confirm whether I wished to update a document on my PC or the one on my Ipaq. I chose to update the one on my PC, as I'd used my the Ipaq Excel document to store lots of data. I was prompted to confirm that I was happy with this, which I was. However.....

When I looked at the document on the Ipaq it had infact had the reverse effect than what I wished to occur. My old PC document had now overwritten my new Ipaq document.

So the question is - Is there anyway of getting the new complete Ipaq document back again? I've looked in my Recycle bin on the PC but there is nothing there!

I'd be extremely grateful if someone can offer some advice on the subject of recovering this file.

spannersatcx
12th Jul 2005, 15:54
Do you have it to auto backup each time it is connected? you could restore it from that maybe.

take_that
12th Jul 2005, 16:12
Used to but switched it off to prevent other documents getting overwritten by accident. It may get some of the document back depending on when the last update was though. Any idea how I can find out when it was last backed-up without overwriting anything further or alternatively just backing-up a particular file?

Thanks for your assistance.