PDA

View Full Version : monarch engineers to be sold to airtours

runragged
25th Jun 2001, 07:34
ive just heard from a very good sorce that airtours are looking to buy monarch aircraft engineering so that they have there own engineering when fls go anybody else heard this

Bus429
25th Jun 2001, 14:35
Sincerely hope not. For all their management failings, MAEL are a good bunch with lots of experience. Will this affect all MAEL (base/line - MAN/LGW,BHX etc?)?

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

------------------
Bus429 - the pilot's pal!

morroccomole
25th Jun 2001, 19:51
Bus 429; I think you should rephrase that message. MAEL used to be a good bunch with loads of experience. Unfortunately most of the good experienced guys have left. There are however still a few left, but they are finding it more and more difficult to carry the heavy weight.

rightstuff
25th Jun 2001, 22:47
Morrocomole.I'm one of those ex Monarch guys,thank you for the compliment,if you're who I think you are that's the nicest thing you've ever said about me.By the way what sort of name is Morrocmole?

rightstuff
25th Jun 2001, 22:54
Morrocomole.I'm one of those ex Monarch guys,thank you for the compliment,if you're who I think you are that's the nicest thing you've ever said about me.By the way what sort of name is Morroccomole?

------------------

Bus429
26th Jun 2001, 15:22
rightstuff, stop repeating yourself.
morroccco - I'm an ex MAEL lad, too. Does that mean I'm a good engineer?

------------------
Bus429 - the pilot's pal!

morroccomole
26th Jun 2001, 15:52
Rightstuff; I'm trying to think who I know at 2 bob, used to work in Berlin / Manch, supports Scum U? Tries to play 5 a side footy once a year at Brache? Am I close?
Woops I've just seen a thread where you say NOT A2K. A red herring or maybe you are not the person I am thinking of, maybe u r coco?

Bus 429, I know you, many years ago, as an apprentice, known by the name elephant boy? I'll let you in as a 'good guy'.

[This message has been edited by morroccomole (edited 26 June 2001).]

rightstuff
26th Jun 2001, 23:08
Morrocomole
You are nowhere near,I dont support Scum U.Do I detect a little bit of southern jealousy because I work in the same city as one of the most successful teams in modern football,or because I have unlimited access to a real pint,not like that poor imitation you lot south of Watford Gap have to settle for.
You Just Might Catch on who I work for if you read this reply carefully.As an added bonus I only spent a month in Berlin but it was enough time to see all the right places. Watch ya Bus!!!

jetfueldrinker
27th Jun 2001, 01:11
Let's get back to the thread in hand. I am not suggesting that there is any truth in the rumour that Airtours will buy MAEL, or for that matter, any maintenance organisation, but think of Airtours' philosophy. They own very little, lease everything, and buy their services in. So why would they want to break away from thier core interests? But then, who am I but a mere techie who gets his hands dirty.

rightstuff
27th Jun 2001, 01:22
jfd
You've made a comment to keep to the thread in hand and then finished off by asking who you are.Isn't that what morrocomole and myself are both trying to establish??

Bus429
27th Jun 2001, 08:05
morro - email me to put me out of my misery.

morroccomole
27th Jun 2001, 14:25
mmmmmmmmmmm rightstuff, now you've got me thinking. So A2K was no red herring, you are with the other lot. Am i right in thinking you didn't go staight there from M? Ever worked in BGR for longer than 1 month?

PinPusher
2nd Jul 2001, 23:03
Am I right in saying that Airtours had their own Maintenance Control Centre working to liase between FLS (who looked after their 75's), BA (who looked after their 76's) and Monarch (who looked after their Airbus's) until about a year ago when the head honcho's decided that they pay these other companies to manage their fleet's engineering and paid off the guys looking after their company's interests'? It looked for a while that AIH were going down the road of getting their own JAR 145 approval and would take on all this work themselves.

Could it be they have realise the error of their ways (didn't look at the risks involved in subbing out EVERYTHING) and realise they need to look after their fleet (including Germany, USA, Canada, Mexico .... where are all their aircraft now?) themselves instead of hoping other companies care as much as they do?

the_fat_maintroller
3rd Jul 2001, 01:39
You would be right in saying that.
BA maintain the 67's and FLS the rest of the fleet: 57's DC10's A320/321/330's, the Monarch set up went a while ago.
The Airtours way though seems to be why pay somebody to maintain the aircraft when you can pay nothing and moan about what isn't being done.
The AIH Maintrollers were all offered jobs with FLS, and luckily for FLS they accepted as they couldn't recruit internally because everyone was aware of what a night mare job it is.
The Manchester Maintrol now looks after AIH and OYC (Premiair) aircraft, Approx 50+ aircraft.
AIH still have liasion engineers on the ramp at LGW/GLA/MAN.
No surprise in the rumour that anybody interested in buying FLS doesn't want to get involved in the Line Maintenance side.
Will AIH get their own line, only if it comes free with corn flakes tokens.

------------------
Yeap, yor right Captain, it is broken..I'll get you an engineer