PDA

View Full Version : Algeria

trimtank
22nd Jun 2001, 20:24
Hello Gents,
I am a Canadian Engineer with a chance of contracting in Europe or Algeirs.I have both A320 and A330 airframe and engine approvals.Could someone let me know about working conditions(pay,work schedule,lodgings, etc)or should I stay well clear.I haven't heard to many promising things about Algeria. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by trimtank (edited 22 June 2001).]

Jango
23rd Jun 2001, 07:04
Don't even think about Algiers mate, serious civil unrest, riots both religious and political. Government are keeping a media clamp down.

------------------
Old age and treachery will always triumph over youth and enthusiasm.

near enuf is good enuf
23rd Jun 2001, 10:06
Now I am surprised with you Jango,
I thought it was anywhere if the money is right.

------------------
So that you may not be the martyred slaves of Time,
get drunk, get drunk,
and never pause for rest!
With wine, poetry, or virtue,
as you choose!"

Jango
4th Jul 2001, 03:52
Even I have standards and morales....as low as they may be! I do not really believe in dying for the cause!...

------------------
Old age and treachery will always triumph over youth and enthusiasm.

ottiss
4th Jul 2001, 04:34
NO license no work with these m F£$KING pompous none working D%ck skinners

Macdu
4th Jul 2001, 19:01
You should ask yourself, what's in it for you. Your security and well being obviously remains a concern, unless the monetary compensation is worth the risk. I'm assuming your company must be sending an aircraft for lease. Are they that desperate to find work for your aircrafts? If you do decide to go, ensure that the company has a contingency plan just in case you have to bail out ASAP.

Wasn't your airline approached to have an A330 standing by in HKG?

Goodluck

m&v
4th Jul 2001, 20:50
There's a Canadian Co' starting work with Khalifa with the 330 ex Algiers for at least 6months,are you aware of same???
If you need more info',I'll Be here
Cheers

trimtank
4th Jul 2001, 21:40
hello M&V,
I beleive we are talking about the same airline do you have any information? We get very little when we get it at all!lol.

itwilldoatrip
6th Jul 2001, 23:07
We go to Algiers and are not allowed to night stop due to the security problem. However we did have to one night and we had guard on A/C all night. Khalifa contract engineers use Sheraton resort hotel I think. t is the hotel which we were in. It is about 1hr from airport and through at least 3 police road checks. When you arrive you also have to go through airport style security screening to enter the hotel reception. We also go to outlying military bases where facilities are bad and you will go there as well for the weekly flight.
My opionion keep away