PDA

View Full Version : Calling all recently qualified CPLs

R1Tamer
12th Jul 2005, 03:09
Where did you all get to?

Go on - give a five sentence summary of how you got to where you are now and encourage and motivate others following in your footsteps.
There are literally dozens of students at schools around the world who would dearly love to hear a few positive & uplifting stories.

Just type it now - you've made it - share a little good news - whats it gonna take - 60 seconds.......!

R1tamer

Flingingwings
12th Jul 2005, 12:16
PPL 2001.
CPL May 2004.
FI November 2004

All self funded (small mortgage to large mortgage!).

Thankfully was offered a full time Instructing job 5 mins post FI test pass. Been teaching since, it's what I want to do. Mate I did the FI course with was recently snapped up by Bond and is currently completing his IR - thats what he wanted to do :)

Working very long hours for whats proving to be fairly reasonable pay. (For the hours put in the hourly rate is rubbish, but I'm making enough to live reasonably well)

Hours approaching the 600 mark, restriction already lifted. Know I'm low time and grateful for the company taking the risk.

Aged mid 30's in case anybody was wondering.

That said I accept I have been very fortunate and I know of a few others who are still looking for that all important first break.

R1Tamer
12th Jul 2005, 12:16
Unfortunately the moderator felt the need to alter the title and content of the original message.

Its intention is now somewhat muted - thread closed