PDA

View Full Version : BA Lost Property

chopperchav
11th Jul 2005, 21:13
Dont know if this is right forum to vent my frustration.

Wife flew back from Athens few weeks ago with 10 week old baby on BA flight. Silly cow forgot to pick up pram from baggage hall so I have had job of trying to retrieve it.

Have tried multiple numbers from ba website and heathrow and have been beamed from line to line like some telephonic pinball machine, usually ending on some line ringing in an empty basement office.

I now want to smash something up and vow never to fly ba again.

Surely they know it belongs to me and can arrange delivery for which I have no problem paying. I just want to talk to a human being with a brain who can sort it for me. Is there any customer service left at ba or are margins so tight they have sold my pram to help their bottom line.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Re-Heat
12th Jul 2005, 09:14
Suggest you go to flyertalk.com - you're probably not going to find the answer here, and BA have a rep who posts on that forum.

Why blame BA though - you left it behind and you'll still find it easier than retrieving items from Ryanair.

JIPPO
12th Jul 2005, 09:22
Have had problems with this Airline too, with their phone system, been even hung up on through my fustration to get through to the correct departments, no one seems to know their or wants to give out their direct numbers, only only 0845, numbers.

You could try BA baggage tracing (you may already of tried these numbers) 0845 7222767, or for a geographical number (which means the airline does not get a cut on the 0845,0870 telephone fiasco for keeping you on hold) 0191 490 7901. This is a Newcastle number, but they apparently deal with lost mislaid baggage for BA.

Hope this helps

JIPPO

chopperchav
12th Jul 2005, 12:31
Thanks Jippo, tried that 0191 number but just got launched back into the pinball machine. Have just hung up after 40 mins on the phone getting nowhere.

What a shambles. Funny enough at one stage spoke to heathrow lost property who get frustrated ba customers phoning all the time getting the merry run around.

JIPPO
12th Jul 2005, 19:45
There ie another number that you could try, which is posted on www.saynoto0870.com a brillant web site to get alternative numbers to the 'higher call' charges.

Try 0208 745 6155 ... BA Duty Manager ... that should be interesting to try ... atleast maybe as a 'customer' you could demand that someone could take the trouble to call you back with all the hassle you've been having.

I really don't know why airlines make it easier for the public to contact the correct departments. My mate is a travel agent, and tells me that British Airways attitude to travel agents stinks at the moment, even when you do get through. He says it costs something like 50p per minute to speak to them, and no hope of a call back. I though it was the travel agent that was sending them business in the first place... perhaps they don't want it.

Maybe you will have better luck this time.

Jippo

FormerFlyer
13th Jul 2005, 08:56
Jippo - you're spot on. BA do not want the pax that originate from travel agents - they want those pax to book direct on ba.com instead.

cheers ;)
FF

chopperchav
13th Jul 2005, 12:58
No joy Jippo. That number is terminal 3 security.
Looking forward to fly virgin. Hopefully there service is a bit better. Can't be any worse.