PDA

View Full Version : EU Passport/Working in EU

Macgyver
11th Jul 2005, 14:19
Hello folks,

I have a question about working in the EU. My mother is originally from Holland and she is in the process of re-obtaining her Dutch citizenship. A lot of her family are still in Holland, and my mom has been told that she will qualify to get her passport back.

I am hoping that I will somehow be able to obtain my EU Passport through my mom. At the moment, only my sister qualifies (it has to do with her date of birth). If I can somehow get my EU Passport, will this give me the right to apply for jobs and even work in the EU?

Right now, I have a Canadian CPL/MIFR with +600 hours. I would like to consider working abroad. I speak fluent English/French, but no Dutch unfortunately. I have a University degree too.

If anyone has any advice/comments about this situation, I would love to hear them. I know that my time is very low and that since I do not have JAA licenses I may be out of luck. But this is something that I can come back to in the future, once I am more competitive (and once I am in a better financial position to go through the license conversion :D ).

Thanks a lot!

Cap Loko
11th Jul 2005, 15:19
Hi Macgyver,

Regarding your passports etc., I can recommend you to have a look at the forums of www.expatica.com . Lots of people posting there with visa/passport issues.
If you consider employment in the Netherlands, I hope you will not be dissappointed by mentioning that it is very difficult to find work as a pilot. Of course, I do not know your qualifications but if you have a jet TR and time you may find employment in the EU.

All the best.

Keygrip
11th Jul 2005, 15:37
Macgyver.

I know - we've all done it - but please don't repeat the same question in more than one forum.

It's avery tenuous link that would suggest you post this "passport" question in "Interviews, Jobs & Sponsorship" so I would ask anybody who wishes to respond, to do so on the copy thread that currently resides in "Questions" (over which I have no authority).