PDA

View Full Version : Darwin GA

LUVJET
11th Jul 2005, 13:17
Having escaped the southern winter recently , i had the pleasure of spending a few days in Darwin. Seems alot has changed in a short space of time.

can any body enlighten me as to who are the "movers & shakers" on the airfield in charter as well as engineering.

Having had a bit of a wonder noticed vincents have moved hangers and where wak wak used to be lots of new aircraft.

whats the goss.

LJ

ginjockey
11th Jul 2005, 23:39
Possibly give Northern Air Charter a look. I believe that they have a young and growing fleet of immaculate machines, everything from piston singles up to corporate jets, strong progression opportunities, excellent morale, a fantastic preventative maintenance program, an abudundance of government and other corporate contracts, above award wages and conditions, a rewarding system of paid incentives and employee bonuses for loyalty hard work, firm rostering with little staff turnover which means no annoying casuals hanging about all day hoping to get to wash a plane, regular employee training workshops, strong and caring management with a focus on leadership, a flawless reputation for saftey and service delivery and a water cooler in the staff room that has 1984 Grange in it instead of boring old regular water........

Might be worth a look.

slice
12th Jul 2005, 01:19
Snigger snigger snigger.......:}

OpsNormal
12th Jul 2005, 09:07
Ginjockey, in actual fact they have just changed ownership.

LUVJET
12th Jul 2005, 09:36
Opsnormal,

who owns them now....website is still the same. speaking to a mate, she wreckons outposts have changed hands. darwin ops owned by same people just different structure.

sounds like smoke and mirrors to me.

found out a group that had several aircraft with them has apparantly been placed into administration. I wonder if this is at all related or coincidence.........ahhhh this industry , who the hell can keep up with it ??

Continental-520
12th Jul 2005, 09:54
Ginjockey,

Your post has once again succeeded admirably in amusing me.

The sad thing is, what you say is what they try to be! Yet, no effort seems to be exerted on the part of the management to achieve this.

Oh well....may they live in foolery.

To return to the topic at hand, Vincent moved fairly recently, only earlier this year and the Quacker planes are parked up against the eastern fence of the northern apron, for sale I believe. Must be hideously overpriced, cause they've sat there for ages now, and apparently the C441 is, um, shall we say a backyard case.

That's all I can say...haven't been in this neck of the woods for too long to know any more.

gary gearbox
12th Jul 2005, 11:28
Gee 520, For some one who has only been in this neck of the woods for not to long you seem to have some in depth opinions on what goes on about the place. Are you psychic ?

GG

T3000
12th Jul 2005, 22:50
very very funy ginjockey. Gee things have changed since I was there. total turn around. teehee
Word is that SW sold/gave away rest of company to other partner. He is now PR manager and Hone Edwardsn is GM.
funny how things work out
Also heard that SW is looking at getting into politics. probably a more suitable place. amongst his own.

ginjockey
12th Jul 2005, 23:08
Ahhh. Maybe the cooler is now only issuing water again. Grange all gone.

SW in politics?? That figures.... as a popular and respected bloke he has a lot to offer the general public in the form of leadership and community consideration. No doubt the local media will just be drooling at the thought of dragging out the drunken pictures of him dressed like a gay leprechaun after using his company vehicle to devastate half of his suburb when he is up for election. Among the other highly public indiscretions. Based on the fact the the CLP in the Northern Territory recently suffered it's worst ever thrashing and now has only about 3 members left sitting in their entire parliament, perhaps word has already got out to Darwin voters that he is keen for a turn in politics, but not for a few mopre elections I wouldn't think.

" S. W**d - Your Local Member"

That seems really appropriate somehow!

Continental-520
13th Jul 2005, 01:25
I am equipped with the insight and knowledge of others, inclusive of colleagues and friends who have cumulatively spent more time up here than what I've been alive for.

Deepsea Racing Prawn
14th Jul 2005, 06:51
Or....I am equipped with gossip, rumour and second hand information.:yuk:

LUVJET
14th Jul 2005, 08:36
Guys & Gals,

I dont know why these things always end up like this....are we all that bitter and twisted that we can not have a discussion like compadres instead we have a go at each other at every opportunity......

this is the thing .......i know who most of you are and i BET you would not talk to each other like this face to face.

All i wanted to know was who the movers and shakers are in darwin in terms of charter and engineering.....why you might ask ??

simply because its nice to know who is doing well in this highly difficult industry of ours......

LJ

speedbird23
16th Jul 2005, 02:05
LUVJET,
If you know who most of us are up here why do you try to incitie sh!t here. Why don`t you just ask the people you know! As usual the same old people with the same old comments come out of the woodwork. Here is a tip for some of you. If you don`t like working for SW, then dont bloody work for him!! If you continue to, shut up and deal with it. No one here needs to here the same old rhetoric everytime some out of towner starts this topic simply to stir sh!t up.
However I have an aching feeling in my gut that you LUVJET have more of a interest in Darwin than you are letting on. Maybe work for a company down there that also has a base in Darwin. Maybe hoping for someone to come on here and give your company a rap. Tell you what a mover and shaker they are!! You wouldn`t be,or connected in some way, to a certain Senior Base Pilot up here?

Continental-520
16th Jul 2005, 03:31
Isn't is strange how whenever there is some negativity about Darwin GA, some reference to NAC/SW always seems to spring up....

the wizard of auz
17th Jul 2005, 12:20
Hey ya 520!!!, hows it all going up there?.
I'm afraid the whinging and whining and back stabbing and the cowardly attacking of people from a faceless forum come with the territory of GA.
Unfortunatly it seems you have to endure this silly stuff to prove to the big players that your worthy of their employment.
hope you manage to crawl through it all and move on to better things bloke.

Continental-520
18th Jul 2005, 12:54
Hey Wiz!!!

Long time no hear mate!

Hope things are good with you - Daisy still kicking over?

Yep, another stage of the game nowadays...one closer, one less to go. :hmm: