PDA

View Full Version : A&P Pay Rises AT LHR

LME (GOD)
30th Aug 2001, 02:24
Don't know if any of you lad and ladette's have heard about AA's new 6 year pay deal, it's a 3-tier system, which at the end of the 6 years if you a good boy and don't cause any problems, will see you taking home just under £50k a year, beats the crap £27K i'm on now...where do i post my CV to again??? :rolleyes:

Ali Crom
31st Aug 2001, 02:56
Howwwwwwww muchhhhhhhhh?
Maybe I'll trade my BCAR tickets in for one them Mickey Mouse A&P ones instead! :eek:

rpm
31st Aug 2001, 15:26
I used to have one of those mickey mouse caa a&c licenses. I found it worthless to me. I am just glad to have a real faa a&p licence. Is aa presently hiring?

aeroguru
31st Aug 2001, 16:25
I am pleased to see that the US airlines are starting to value their A and P mechanics more.Things had to get pretty serious though before the bean counters woke up!
As for the arguments on AandP/jar66 Euro license, I have had my AandP since 1978 and it has earned me money worldwide.
The debate going on here in Europe/JAA is that the various states are supposed to be acting as one but applying different standards and costs.The FAA is much more transparent. :rolleyes:

ottiss
1st Sep 2001, 03:51
you need to watch your f£$king mouth Mr ALI BABA that kind of talk really is not call for. :mad:

Leatherman
1st Sep 2001, 08:50
Ah, Otiss another literary gem of a contribution.
Almost as good as some of your others.
Get it off your chest mate.
Shades and leatherman is all you need to charm the trolley dollies, when you are on the sharp end line like what I am! ;) :p :cool:

[ 01 September 2001: Message edited by: Leatherman ]

Ali Crom
2nd Sep 2001, 02:22
Oh dear I've done it again. Another bit of armless banter taken out of context & misunderstood. Some people can be so sensitive. Well Tough.

Contrary to what you may think I honestly do wish I had the A&P. As approx 75% of the worlds commercial aircraft are FAA registered I know there are far more opportunities open for A&P license holders as opposed to the BCAR version and as RPM & Aeroguru rightly points out more money too.
So Ottiss don't go throwing any more toys out of your pram. Whatever license we hold be it BCAR,A&P,JAR66,ICAO etc the level of responsibility when we certify work is the same. Unfortunately for some us the level of pay is not.
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Sounds/lucky.wav

[ 02 September 2001: Message edited by: Ali Crom ]

Golden Rivet
2nd Sep 2001, 11:38
Left yourself open for that one AC. Not that you care !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Diablo
4th Sep 2001, 15:13
While we are on the subject, does FAR 66 also have similar divisions into A, B1, B2 & C. The A&P system doesn't seem to cater for us cone-head types at the moment!

P.S. Could someone please repost the link to the FAR site.

TA. ;)

Continuous Ignition
4th Sep 2001, 17:54
As per your request...

FAR's (http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgFAR.nsf/MainFrame?OpenFrameSet)

[ 04 September 2001: Message edited by: Continuous Ignition ]