PDA

View Full Version : BA MAN Hangar to close???

JetFixer
29th Aug 2001, 01:16
Heard a rumour via a goo source that BA are to close their maintenance hangar at MAN. Any truth in the rumour? Maybe BACe will get a nice big hangar..

pdc7
3rd Sep 2001, 00:57
not true ba sending work up from lhr anyway rumour has it that bace engineering will be done at man hanger by BA engineers!
:p

martini lemon
3rd Sep 2001, 02:27
no truth in BACX engineering being done at Man. All to be done at BRS, IOM and SOU (with a nice new hangar)

screwdriver
5th Sep 2001, 13:58
Watch this space. BA will sell hanger to Airtours. There will be news on Friday.

test ok
5th Sep 2001, 18:44
CORRECT SCREWDRIVER

BRIEF FROM MANAGEMENT AT MAN , HANGAR TO CLOSE BY FEB 2002 , 158 YO GO INCLUDING 120 ENGINEERS , RAMP TO BE SCALED DOWN TO 40 ONLY
BUT APPARENTLY/ALEGEDLY SOMEONE IS INTERESTED IN BUYING THE PLACE AND MAY WANT TO EMPLOY UPTO 70 ENGINEERS ???

[ 05 September 2001: Message edited by: test ok ]

JetFixer
6th Sep 2001, 02:55
Said it was from a good source. My sympathy to all affected. Having worked for the Big Airline before I know how ruthless they are. They have just taken over us.. Is this a good thing?

HOVIS
8th Sep 2001, 19:27
OK SCREWDRIVER WHERE'S THE NEWS THEN?
I'M NEW TO THIS PPRUNES LARK SO I DON'T KNOW HOW ACCURATE YOU LOT ARE.
WE HEARD ZIP ON FRIDAY AND ARE STILL NONE THE WISER ABOUT WHO'S BUYING T'SHED.
IT WAS ANNOUNCED ON TUESDAY THAT TALKS WITH A BUYER WERE "WELL ADVANCED" BUT AS USUAL "KIDFOS" PREVAILED.

dragonspanner
9th Sep 2001, 09:46
Hovis, the news was announced on BBC local TV earlier in the week. Rumours around the airport are that either JMC or Airtours are looking at buying the hangar. Apparently the CAA have been leaning on Airtours for not having their own base maintenance facility.

Pete Hardy
15th Sep 2001, 20:08
typical of the big airline to treat the
staff at MAN like this. where will the axe
fall next ? I have been trying to relocate
myself back to Manchester Ihave tried
Monarch JMC Brittania ? anybody out here know
of any body recruiting I would be grateful.
It appears that the Hangar has been up for
sale for about four months?

reboot
17th Sep 2001, 00:28
The bosses have given a brief that the hangar will close, they have said there will be some relocation packages available to BAMC. Talk about caught between a rock and a hard place :mad:

wryly smiling
17th Sep 2001, 12:08
Reboot

Don't know what they're going to do at BAMC because the guys there have been told that there is a downturn in workload next year and they're struggling to find stuff for the current workforce to do.