PDA

View Full Version : Where should I start?

iloveplanes
11th Jul 2005, 00:44
My dream is and has always been, since i first flew on one, to fly the 747s around the world. But now Im ready to take it a step further from a dream to my, hopefully, career. But I dont know where to start out, like flight schools and such. Help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance. Also I have heard that most pilots that are in training use Microsoft Flight Simulator to "practice" is this true and if so should i start playing :P.

Mark Noble
11th Jul 2005, 00:55
Most pilots here will tell you that it's nothing like flying a plane.

iloveplanes
11th Jul 2005, 01:01
well It was just word of mouth so i thought hey if it will help...

scroggs
11th Jul 2005, 07:58
Where should you start? Read this thread. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131649) All of it, including all the threads it links to. When you've finished, come and ask as many questions as you like.

Enjoy!

Scroggs

dwshimoda
11th Jul 2005, 11:59
iloveplanes,

Microsoft Flight Sim is nothing like flying, as Mark Noble says. However, when you are doing your IR it is an invaluable aid to doing holds, hold entry's and approaches - not for the flying realism, but for working out drift calculations, outbound times, etc. It can save you hundreds of pounds in practise - so I belive it is worth it.