View Full Version : New Airbus Plane! ..

Chacha
11th Jul 2005, 00:17
How is the new Airplane getting on and has it made it maiden voyage yet? .. It is supposed to carry double the passengers and be triple the price of a ticket! .. What is the news on this! .. What is the information on this flight in general .. Thanks .. ;)

Genghis the Engineer
11th Jul 2005, 06:32
You'll find enormous amounts of information on this by doing a simple web search, looking on new service websites like the BBC, any of the main aerospace news magazines ("Flight", "Aerospace", etc.) or for that matter going to www.airbus.com

G

VP959
11th Jul 2005, 20:56
Hmmmmm.....

<pedant mode on>

I was always taught that an aircraft was either an AEROPLANE or an AIRPLANE (for our transatlantic friends). I personally prefer the term aircraft, as it is both more descriptive and crosses the transatlantic language barrier fairly easily.

I have also always understood that a PLANE is a tool used by carpenters and joiners for the purpose of removing slivers of wood.

<pedant mode off>

WindSheer
30th Jul 2005, 14:22
Being a qualified carpenter/joiner myself, I can assure you that a plane doesn't fly.
The next time I am in my workshop I will ask my apprentice to pass me an aircraft, and see what he says............:ok:

L Peacock
30th Jul 2005, 20:01
That old chestnut....

"Never, never call it a plane. It's an aeroplane." Douglas Bader (Kenneth More) in Reach for the Sky:ok: