PDA

View Full Version : Hajji flights

Skybound330
10th Jul 2005, 12:00
I am looking for some hour building and money as well :E
Could anyone inform me about general requirements for Hajji cockpit crew?

Also some general info (contracts/safety etc.) highly appreciated. I've read last years topics by the way.
When do the first Hajji flight usually begin?

Thanks in advance,

PIA747
10th Jul 2005, 13:59
Get a L1011 rating, and you most certainly will land a job during Hajj.

mutt
10th Jul 2005, 17:00
The Hajj movement should start around the beginning of December.

Good Luck.

Mutt

effortless
10th Jul 2005, 17:36
A friend flew Islamabad Medina during haj a few years ago and said that he saw people cooking on primus stoves in their seats. :uhoh:

JW411
10th Jul 2005, 19:33
I have to tell you that I doubt this story.

I started going to Jeddah in 1963 and I don't think I have seen anyone doing individual cooking ever since we agreed upon the standard Haj-fit of a full open BBQ with free lumpwood charcoal in the forward galley and four individual firepits just by the aft lavs.

Slim20
10th Jul 2005, 19:55
Get a L1011 rating, and you most certainly will land a job during Hajj.

ha ha! don't expect to get a ride home tho'!

Skybound330
11th Jul 2005, 07:56
Thanks for the info and the anekdotes so far.
Still, I am looking for info regarding requirements, besides the L1011 rating how does a 747 classic rating works with no experience on time?
OK, shoot me!

mutt
11th Jul 2005, 17:21
Why do you think that the standards required for pilots during the Hajj will be any lower than normal?

As for the L1011 type rating, do a quick Pprune search and see how many people are owed money by these L1011 operators.

Mutt

Skybound330
11th Jul 2005, 17:49
mutt,

I do not think at all that the standards during the Hadjj flight are lower.
I do think that there is just more demand of crew during this period.

Some agencies are asking a minimum of 500 hrs on type and some do not specify. How is the current job market for first officers on types like L1011 and 747 classics?

I'm only having about 3000 hrs TT. Most on turboprops, just looking for a way to get some experience on heavy metal.

Earl
11th Jul 2005, 20:27
Some 747 operators also.
Northeast comes to mind.
I cannot blame those for trying to get a start in the industry.
But when they take contracts for little or no money it drags the whole industry down for everyone else.
Better be careful with some of these haj operaters, you may end up going to the consulate for a ticket home.
But then again, look at the hours you built that you were not paid for.
Good Deal? your choice!

Skybound330
11th Jul 2005, 20:39
Whilst I am very eager to get my hands on big metal, I will not accept little money. I am realising too that this drags down the whole industrie.
Turned down some contract job offers recently because of this.

The price that I'm paying is that I am not flying at the moment. But sooner or later I will.

By the way, I will certainly not turn down a job on a turboprop if the pay is decent.

cheers

GlueBall
14th Jul 2005, 07:04
I talk to AAI guys who say that their outfit is looking for 747 rated pilots everyday, so you don't have to "wait for the Hadj" to get a 74 job. ...But for an L10 job you have to wait for the Hadj. :ooh:

MadMurdoch
22nd Jul 2005, 21:30
@skybound

Try [email protected] . He is hiring manager for Airborne personnel. Basically Air Atlanta Icelandic. I got hired a while ago with 2500TT mainly TP time. Despite a lot of negative comments about AA on this forums, it's a free rating, contracts around the world(including Haij) and the money is not bad(when you don't allow it to be taxed). Great job when you're single.

Cheers

Skybound330
23rd Jul 2005, 20:47
Thanks Murdoch,

Have read about AA on pprune but looks like a good place to work for me.
Sent my c.v. in last week.I hope to hear something soon.

cheers