PDA

View Full Version : Media Personality Pilots

Enema Bandit's Dad
10th Jul 2005, 10:45
Whenever there is a media personality that has a pilots licence and uses it in their TV shows, there fame is only very short lived. Examples, Alby Mangels and Troy Dann. Whatever happened to these two? :ugh: Why is this so?

OpsNormal
10th Jul 2005, 11:57
Dunno what happened to Alby, but as far as I know Troy is still doing what he does best around the Alice district. My better half used to have to check his Holden ute in at the local "everything" dealer when we lived there a while back.

Geeze, yer showing yer age a bit if you can remember Alby EBD!

The Voice
10th Jul 2005, 21:33
last time I head Alby he was buzzing around on one of the peninsulars in rural S.A. (that was in about 92 ...) strange individual he is / was ...

tinpis
10th Jul 2005, 22:18
Wheeeeeeres.....Alby?? (http://members.ozemail.com.au/~alcalder/alby.htm#In%20Search%20of%20Alby)

EPIRB
10th Jul 2005, 23:55
I seem to remember one, not Troy Dann though, can't remember who, who said on one of his documentaries how he hiked, or fourwheel drived or something and how hard it was and the truth came out that he actually travelled by helicopter but that wasn't in the film.

tinpis
11th Jul 2005, 00:42
I seem to remember one, not Troy Dann though, can't remember who, who said on one of his documentaries how he hiked, or fourwheel drived or something

:hmm: Outback Jack?

:} Ya gotta give it to Alby tho got all the tarts drank all the grog , and never seemed to have done a days work in his life?

dude65
11th Jul 2005, 12:08
I remember about 20 or so years ago Alby pranged up one of the choppers he was flying. Classic newspaper headline at the time was.

"Alby mangels Helicopter"

My mates and I thought he was a legend as he was banging a Sale of the Century model as well as surviving helicopter crashes.

OpsNormal
11th Jul 2005, 12:20
Gawd, was that Belinda Green?:eek:

Chimbu chuckles
11th Jul 2005, 13:32
No its Judy Green.....and if she played her cards right...if she asked nicely....i'd let her....well I would:E

Jerricho
12th Jul 2005, 02:18
What do you call that guy with glasses who thinks the whole world is a TV show?????? :E :E

dude65
12th Jul 2005, 06:11
I guess if it wasn't for Alby we wouldn't have Russel Coight and Steve Irwin.
(Yes,I would put them in the same boat)

PS: Chimbu-Good day at the club on Sunday,just a little windy.

Atlas Shrugged
12th Jul 2005, 06:53
What do you call that guy with glasses who thinks the whole world is a TV show??????

http://www.abc.net.au/landline/img/20000423smith01.jpg

RYAN TCAD
14th Jul 2005, 18:11
If you mean Judy Green who was an ex Miss Australia model, then she in fact ended up with none other than James Morrison (Jazz Trumpet player) and other associated instruments of course!

Hmmm....