PDA

View Full Version : EMERIATES

wheel nut
11th Nov 2001, 05:17
Have been offered a job with Emeriates,Can anyone out there give me some info on the UAE licence that i have to do.Have been told that will have to do my basic licence again not looking forward to it AGAIN BUT ALAS NO CHOICE....THANK IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INFO....

Bus429
11th Nov 2001, 08:20
Learn to spell their name!

Hope you enjoy it! :D

wheel nut
11th Nov 2001, 11:35
Thanks for the info,Just as a wild guess you must be pommie....If only we had more people like you......

Not Invented Here
11th Nov 2001, 14:33
Of course he is a pom - someone has to set some standards

Bus429
11th Nov 2001, 19:42
Wheel nut - I was with EK in early 90s so not best placed to tell you about them. They have just started doing 3rd party base maintenance in DXB.

When I did my UAE ticket I just had a chat with the then DGCA surveyor and that was that. I think it has all changed now.
Have fun - I doubt you'll be bored! :p

Leatherman
12th Nov 2001, 05:38
Good work joining Emirates(Emeriates).They
have just made a massive order with Boeing and Airbus.Good location, and good salary I would guess.
Probably a few POHMS I know still there! :rolleyes:

Mice
16th Nov 2001, 21:00
The licensing system is rumoured to have been changed yet again, and I have heard that some Malaysians recently hired may not have to undergo the trauma of doing all the modules in one sitting again. I believe they have a CAA LWTR, and this has gained them dispensation under todays rules to just require them to do the Air Leg.

If you need more info, e-mail me.

Cheers