PDA

View Full Version : BBQ with CASA Darwin...

Blokeman
9th Jul 2005, 13:55
While I was eating my kebab in Casuarina Square the other day a couple of real pilots sat at an adjoining table (gold bars and wings still attached) and I couldn't help overhearing some talk about a BBQ with the regulator. Can anyone help a bloke out with the date and location of the venue. And who's on the spit? :E

Continental-520
9th Jul 2005, 15:26
It's their way of saying that they've audited everyone and that on the 18th of July there will be a debrief to it...the enforcement action.

"Come and have a BBQ...."

Funny how fuel management is a specifically isolated topic of discussion!

MIss Behaviour
10th Jul 2005, 07:26
Oohh ahh fuel management.....now there's a new one. I wonder if the truth serum will be in the form of green cans or will the water supply be spiked with sodium pentathol?

Just look for the black Chevy Suburban parked out the front of the Vincent Hangar.

:eek: :eek:

Stumpy Dog
10th Jul 2005, 08:10
Fuel management: puzzle of fcuking puzzles, what an entertaining topic! If there's a BBQ with CASA we need some real entertainment.

How about a dunking tank like at the show where the CASA FOI sits on the platform and the GA pilots throw balls at the target in between discussing local issues. :ouch:

The first pilot to hit the target and dunk an FOI wins a jerrycan full of avgas.

The Dog :ok:

OpsNormal
10th Jul 2005, 11:45
MIss, surely you jest.... ;) ;) ;)

:} :} :}

tinpis
11th Jul 2005, 01:47
Anyone heard from Beachball since he moved to pommyland?

Safety Promotion
11th Jul 2005, 03:23
Blokeman,

Unfortunately we have had to cancel the Evening Safety Seminar that was due to be held at the Vincent Aviation Hangar on July 18th. The numbers of registrations were too low to allow us to hold the seminar.

We apologise for any inconvenience this cancellation my cause.

Safety Promotion Team.

Continental-520
12th Jul 2005, 09:46
I'm bracing for the subsequent chuckles and ridicule I may face for this, but I'm a tad despondent to hear that, cause I was going to go.

Even if for nothing else, at least it would've been an opportunity to get some of the Darwin GA crew together in perhaps a not quite as alcohol influenced method as the Caz Crawl.

Other than that, I'm sure it could've been of some educational value....

What else is there to do on a Monday night?

T3000
12th Jul 2005, 22:55
karoke at rorkes on monday nights

Continental-520
13th Jul 2005, 01:22
In that case, stuff the BBQ....

520. ;)

victor two
13th Jul 2005, 02:04
What does one wear to a CASA barbie? Would it be uniform, wings and epaulettes..... or Darwin formal wear which is thongs, stubbies with the little pocket in the front and a tattered "Gimme head til I'm Dead" T -shirt from Bali complete with a set of animated cartoon frogs engaged in various acts of oral sex?

Can someone advise as I have both and need to make a choice.

multime
13th Jul 2005, 07:30
For anyone who actually cares (yawn)- mon 18th 6ish Vincent aviation.(yawn).
Might go and have a little sleep as the excitement and anticipation is overwhelming.

Cheers M:E

Time Bomb Ted
15th Jul 2005, 05:11
It's Cancelled.

Spread the word!

TBT

Woomera
15th Jul 2005, 05:43
Safety Promotion speaks the truth - trust me. The CASA meeting is cancelled.

Woomera

Continental-520
16th Jul 2005, 03:11
Those who rsvp'd would've received a phone call....