PDA

View Full Version : 900 To Go @ FLS

morroccomole
7th Nov 2001, 16:05
Worst hit is at MAN with over 600 at risk and hangar closing.

Bus429
7th Nov 2001, 17:29
Morro

Air 2000 have just made quite a few redundant @ CWH in Manchester, including a few good friends of mine. :(

morroccomole
7th Nov 2001, 18:25
Bus: I heard rumours about JMC too, but they have been rubbished on this site. Maybe rightstuff has news?

neil_further
7th Nov 2001, 19:38
No redundancy from JMC Engineering, 5 and 7.5% paycut depending on salary for next 3 months.

rightstuff
7th Nov 2001, 21:18
No word of redundancies in engineering at JMC up to now,just a 7.5% pay cut for three months and a reduction in expenses for long term detachments.I do believe Bus that a mutual friend in Air 2000 has been given notice although I havn't spoken to him to confirm this.Depressing times.

JONATHAN PEARSON
7th Nov 2001, 21:23
Hi All
FLS Aerospace at Manc want to reduce work force to 150 approx from 650!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: All work to go to Stansted and Dublin!!!
Anybody wish to conferm this rumour!!!! :mad:
SB1089 :mad:

SchmiteGoBust
7th Nov 2001, 22:54
Yes the news is bad unfortunately.Best of luck and much condolences to all the good members at MAN. I know most of you and my thoughts are with you. Some very good people who are great and the most highly skilled work force I have ever met. Good luck to all of you.
Let's hope we get through these bad times.10 years almost exactly since it last happened :( :( :( :(

unwrapping the aog
8th Nov 2001, 00:11
Yes, my sympathy to all involved. Again those famous words cropped up on the local radio news "In anticipation of an expected downturn in demand". Nothing like looking on the bright side, all the airlines I know off are only moth balling a few aircraft so the work still needs doing by someone. It seem that this down turn is a myth we are determined to make real!! :confused: :confused:

spannersatcx
8th Nov 2001, 02:45
10 years almost exactly since it last happened Unfortunately I was there when it happened last time around, not very nice. Why is it always that Manchester gets it worst! Why not close Stanstead? I guess it'll just be the Dan Dare clique that'll be left again!!! :mad:
I wasn't made redundant last time, I left of my own volition. Sympathies to all those affected.

DoctorA300
8th Nov 2001, 10:49
If history teaches us anything, and it does, the accountants will hit the big red panic button and make a number of people redundant, before realizing that they are short of people again and try to hire in contractors at double the price. Just 3 months ago, here in viking land, there was a survay done, 45% of the licensed engineers will be at retiring age within 5 years. Now given the fact that it take approx 5 years before you are of any use,on the ramp anyway, I would be looking at training, not redundancies, if I had only half a brain. But then, I am only a lowly engineer, so what do I know.
Best of luck to all affected.
Brgds
Doc

holly4
8th Nov 2001, 16:01
Just a quick message to our wonderful saviour Mr Henderson.Must try harder with your inter personal skills if you have to sacrifice any other staff for the good of the company.The way you dealt with staff at Manchester was an absolute disgrace and you should be ashamed.People have a right to ask questions when they have just lost thier living and also a right to recieve an answer without being shouted down and called rubbish.

holly4
8th Nov 2001, 16:17
We should have expected the outcome of the 7th nov when we all recieved an "Earn the right to go" 'T'shirt.How silly of us to think it was a spelling mistake. It would be informative to find out what staff at Stansted and Dublin think of the decision to shut Manchester.

PenPusher
9th Nov 2001, 02:55
Most comments here in Dublin were surprise/shock with Manchester getting the chop and no job losses in STN.

jetfueldrinker
9th Nov 2001, 13:27
Local news last night said that about 100 would be going from STN. What a sorry time we live in. And to think that I was offered a job with FLS Man years ago, but decided not to take it. Maybe it was for the best, but I can only express my comiserations to all you hard working guys and girls that this affects. Personally, I think that there has been a great knee jerk reaction, and that in 12 months, everything will be back to normal.

steveridings
9th Nov 2001, 14:39
You may be right jetfuel but have you any idea what 617 of us from FLS (f****** Load of S***)Man can do in the next 12 months. I know that us at Man are not the only affected, but we feel pretty hard done by as they tell us that we are the only base that is willing to accept all of their new processes and we are the most efficient base.
In Feb/March we are going to be looking for jobs along with all the other people who have been victims of many companies jumping on the Sept 11th bandwagon. This was just the excuse they all needed to reduce costs. We could all see that something needed to be done, Osama Bin Laden came along at just the right time for them.

HiSpeedTape
10th Nov 2001, 06:05
Sorry to hear about lay offs at MAN. We're sweating it here waiting to hear who'll be next. As always we are giving it our all to help keep ourselves employed whilst one of our number goes about his usual business of wasting money, claiming unwarranted overtime and calling other people in to do his work for him. Makes me want to puke. Joke will be on us though cos he will probably be the last one out of the door, sadly.

Golden Rivet
10th Nov 2001, 17:23
Do you think he needs to sleep at home? Maybe he's not sleeping. Maybe he's secretly studying for his B2 licence?

Best Regards

HiSpeedTape
13th Nov 2001, 03:45
Hmmm. Good point GR, I hadn't thought of that one. I don't think he needs to sleep at home much as he does all his sleeping at work but, I have noticed lots of JAR related stuff lying around in a jaunty fashion, casually spread about the place. You must know him then. If so wish him good luck with the B2 in case none of us gets the chance to.

garethwinter69
15th Nov 2001, 06:24
For any of you that are interested, their are plently of comments on the FLSA MAN situation on the MSN.co.uk WEB Communities "Companies" site. You'll notice the lack of remarks from Heir Henderson.

I escape from British ScAirways @ MAN, a while ago,it seems to only get an extra few months repreive.

If they continue at this rate they'll lose Airtours & JMC (perhaps that's the intention) :confused:

holly4
18th Nov 2001, 20:35
Thanks alot Mr Paisley. I went on the MSN site as you said, got a little lost and found myself on a gay chat site.Now my marriage is in tatters and I am being stalked by a psychotic, sixty four year old drag queen called Bob. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DoctorA300
19th Nov 2001, 00:50
Dev,
Was that you I bumped(into) at the Blue oyster bar then.
Brgds
Doc
:D :D :o