PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Jobs

Jango
13th Jun 2001, 09:07
Just got the nod that SIA are looking for 30+ engineers, A&C and E&I. Rates have gone up and courses on offer as a carrott...perhaps they are listening?

Drop a cv by fax to Sanford on +65-542-2900

------------------
Old age and treachery will always triumph over youth and enthusiasm.

mainwheel
13th Jun 2001, 18:25
Heard the same.Is Sanford with SIA or a vendor.There is one vendor to steer clear of!.Well clear.

fix747
14th Jun 2001, 14:21
Hi Jango
Could you please tell me Sanford is exactly..who is the company? The jobs mentioned are for what section of SIA Engineering. Thank you.

Aerosexual
15th Jun 2001, 02:05
Hi there Jango, Anyomore useful info you could forward would be great. Very interested if the money and conditions are right.

Thanks for the heads up.

mgmy
15th Jun 2001, 08:08
sanford is with a contracting company called Mil-com...anyway what is the latest offer from them?

nilnotedtks
16th Jun 2001, 11:51
...can someone please, cryptically if needbe, let me know the people to steer clear of on this deal !

mainwheel
16th Jun 2001, 21:25
If your really interested in the SIA jobs,go with milcom.You should be ok.GTF are also good.have I left someone out????

nilnotedtks
17th Jun 2001, 09:37
...mainwheel, noted, thanks !

qfgingerbeer
17th Jun 2001, 18:12
Hi guys
I don't know what cr** your talkng about but I've been offered a job for SIA and the pay is S$12,000 for 55 hours per week. You can have it as far as I'm concerned

SPRINGBOK
17th Jun 2001, 23:02
...MAINWHEEL HAVE YOU BEEN STAR GAZING AGAIN?

[This message has been edited by SPRINGBOK (edited 17 June 2001).]

Jango
18th Jun 2001, 07:24
Sorry guys, been away from the computer. Basically there are 2 main agencies supplying SIA with both Line and Base engineers. They are Milcom and Aerospec. I used to work for Milcom and they are sound, good financial clout and you are always going to be paid and have security. They are SIAs prefered supplier. Aerospec and GTF are the small fry, GTF I do not know much about except that they are Malaysian based and as far as I know have no rep in Singapore. Aerospec are a one woman outfit with dubious background.

Rates may not set the world on fire, but it is a quality of life thing. You want to work your balls off in a european winter and see your family one day a month and take home big bucks ..fine, if you want tropical lifestyle, low tax (15%) very safe and cosmopolitan living and some of the most gorgeous women on the planet ...its up to you.

Drop Sanford a line, you have nout to lose.

------------------
Old age and treachery will always triumph over youth and enthusiasm.