PDA

View Full Version : Stansted - Vancouver with TCX

pamann
8th Jul 2005, 09:27
New route announced Stansted to Vancouver direct as of 8th July 2005 with Thomas Cook direct on A330. Tour operator is Canadian Affair. Nice to see a British Charter operating long haul from Stansted at last!

MKDC8
8th Jul 2005, 11:06
Excellent news about the Stansted - Canada route, all the airport needs now is some routes to USA.

I am sure there is demand to go the "hot spots" in USA from this region, not everyone wants to go to Heathrow or Gatwick, its about time some of these managers in these major airlines took this incentive and worked out the facts and figures on routes to USA from Stansted, TCX did !!

If Ryanair did not have any forward thinking they would be in the position they are right now.

airhumberside
8th Jul 2005, 16:37
Zoom have STN flights listed on their website too

goldeneye
8th Jul 2005, 17:27
Flight starts in Manchester and routes via Stansted in both directions. Ive also seen that Zoom have flights from Gatwick to Vancouver Abbotsford.

Matty J
8th Jul 2005, 17:35
Good to hear Stansted will be getting to see a TCX A330!

I Saw the TCX flight from Manchester on the arrivals board while i was at work today and wondered what was going on, this would explain it!!

Hopefully it will come in while im on shift one day.

Matt.:ok:

Capt Wannabe
8th Jul 2005, 21:16
Every Friday and Saturday until Mid-October so you should get to see it sometime :ok:

Matty J
9th Jul 2005, 17:33
Well i did'nt have to wait very long to see it!

TCX024L arrived late at around 10.30 this morning and was operated by G-OJMB for anyone that it interested.

Nice to see a different A/C to the usual FR, EZY and AB!!!:eek: :eek:

Matt.:ok:

Avalon
9th Jul 2005, 20:10
I'm pretty sure this charter flight should've been operating out of Gatwick all summer - cos I'm booked on it later this month! I was telephoned a couple of weeks ago by the travel agent to be told that "Gatwick Airport had cancelled our slots....blah blah so the flight is now operating out of Stansted."
Hope it runs on time.
:\

Standard Jet Dep
9th Jul 2005, 22:48
Yes Avalon I believe that is the correct reason. I was told it is to do with a slot issue problem in LGW. I hope it all went ok for the team up at lovely stanny yesterday.

RGDS

SJD