PDA

View Full Version : KATO Air / Benair Pilot pay

Son of a Beech
8th Jul 2005, 08:32
Does anybody knows the pilotpay for a captain and a copilot on the C208 with Kato air and Benair NO.

SOAB

Empty Cruise
9th Jul 2005, 17:33
...not enough to justify the risk associated with flying a single-turbine above (and btw!) the cumulii granitii in icing conditions :{

Once heard a chap in one of those things being radar vectored down into a firth - 'cause he was unable to maintain altitude. Ceiling in that region was around 600 ft. - and he didn't seem to be enjoying himself at all :yuk:

Think very well before joining - and do not underestimate the risk :ouch:

Best regards fm
Empty

M609
9th Jul 2005, 21:33
Un-authorized flights into restriced airspace anyone? :O

Son of a Beech
10th Jul 2005, 07:14
Empty Cruise: I know the risks, I just want to compare salaries.

M609: do tell, you make me curious

SOAB

Empty Cruise
10th Jul 2005, 20:40
M609 :D

One also remembers arriving into Scumburgh one fine day to find the tail of a Caravan sticking out of the water past the end of rwy 27 - and one seems to remember that one saw an LN-reg (although those letters were submerged and may therefore have been misread) :O

SOAB - sorry, did not intend to be condescending - just saw & took a chance to state the bleeding obvious (doh!) :\

Brgds fm
Empty

M609
11th Jul 2005, 00:17
do tell, you make me curious

...that would be telling...... :ok:

Freak On A Leash
22nd Jul 2005, 10:22
Empty Cruise,
Has this just recently happened?

M609,
I`m guessing you`re an ATC dude :suspect:

And since Empty Cruise touched on the topic;
Is flying a single-engine turboprop safer,more dangerous, or just about as risky as flying a multiengine piston (twin-engine)? This seems to be an issue these days, as there is a proposal to legalize SET IFR with pax within Scandinavia :ok: .

Any takers?

Son of a Beech
25th Jul 2005, 08:00
This seems to be an issue these days, as there is a proposal to legalize SET IFR with pax within Scandinavia

I dont think that the single engine is the issue. In the USA there is much more problems with flying in known Icing. since in the last 18 months alone there were 9 caravans that crashed with ice on there wings.

I dont know how big a problem this is in scandinavia, but i dont think there is any less ice in scandinavia.

Any "VAN" pilots that want to tell me how this is done in scandinavia.

SOAB