PDA

View Full Version : GPS NPA, who can do these ratings in Sydney area

drshmoo
8th Jul 2005, 06:50
Dear all could someone please tell me if there are any places around bankstown that do GPS NPA approvals?

What sort of cost would this be?
I understand that before you can hold the approval you need to do at least 3 approaches. Can this be done in a simulator and is there one in the Sydney basin to do such?

I and a colleague are seriously considering getting this done and would appreciate any assistance. Both of us are experienced under IFR procedures. We both have GPS enroute and DGA approval.

Whats the cheapest way to do it and who would it be with?

Any info would be great
Shmoo

catseye
8th Jul 2005, 10:03
have a talk to Jo Gostner at Camden. Don't be a cheap skate as the time in the aircraft may save your life.

The Eye

Transition Layer
9th Jul 2005, 02:11
hey drshmoo,

Go speak to the boss (PW) at your forming training establishment, if you haven't done so already. It will be on a GNS 430 and done in a single (a warrior of course ;)) which will save a bit of cash.

The three approaches are usually done down at Wollongong, as Camden is pretty much a no-go zone though I haven't looked at the ERSA recently. If there is two of you, you can both fly down with the ATO, do two approaches each and come back the next day for the flight test, which will give you the third.

Give me a call if you want some more info, I think you know my number ;)

TL

CaptainToBe
10th Jul 2005, 15:01
I know its probably a bit further out of the way than you wanted, but give Rod Andrews at Armidale a go. Bloody good instructor, learnt some good stuff (and I only went to see him so that i could add the GPS/NPA to my rating). You will not be sorry if you did it with him.

PM me for more details if you wish, would be happy to help.