PDA

View Full Version : Simulator in Florida

Buitenzorg
8th Jul 2005, 00:10
Does anyone know of a school with a generic, simple helicopter simulator (or rather FTD) in Florida? I mean a simple fixed-base, no visuals box, not the level C or D simulators of FSI etc. I need to get an IPC, and it’s been so long since I regularly flew IFR that I’ll need quite a bit of brush-up work. The thought of $300 per tach hour while waiting for clearance in an R22 instrument trainer does not amuse.

I know about the sim at Helicopter Adventures but hear that it’s usually booked solid months in advance.

Many thanks in advance.

paco
8th Jul 2005, 04:24
Ask Flyit simulators directly (sorry dunno the number offhand). I know HIH and Silverline have one in Canada

Phil

Friis
8th Jul 2005, 12:10
Well, you can allways give them a call an see how booked it is! Phone (321) 385 2919

I think Palm Beach Helicopters has a Fly It sim as well

NASUS
8th Jul 2005, 14:06
Contact John Dixon at ELITE...don't have their number but check www.flyelite.com and get it from there. They have the new ELITE S623H Helo FTD....non motion but with projected 120 degree visuals, GPS, HSI/RMI and fully nav coupled autopilot.

TorqueStripe
9th Jul 2005, 18:50
Both Palm Beach Helicopters and Heliflight have the FlyIt for sure, and I think HAI as well (even though not sure).

skastdk
4th Aug 2005, 02:36
yep, HAI has one to