PDA

View Full Version : Jazeera Airways

c560xl
7th Jul 2005, 21:38
Hi Evry1

Any one could be kind enough toshed some light on jazeera Airways.

Who they are and what r there plans.
I had an offer from them.
Any info will b highly appreciated :ok:

vfenext
8th Jul 2005, 03:57
Jazeera Airways, the new, privately owned airline of Kuwait, has placed a firm order with Airbus for four A320s and taken options on four more, becoming a new customer.

It plans to begin services in February 2005 with two leased Airbus A320s, serving key business and leisure destinations throughout the Middle East. Initial destinations include Dubai, Bahrain, Amman, Damascus, Beirut and Egypt, with further expansion planned to include cities in the Indian subcontinent. Deliveries of the ordered aircraft will begin in October 2005.

Each of Jazeera’s A320s will seat 165 passengers in an single-class layout. A choice of engines has yet to be made.

“Jazeera Airways will deliver value for money products and services, and our passengers will enjoy the superb reliability and comfort that the Airbus A320 will offer,” says Jazeera Airways Chairman and CEO, Marwan Boodai.

c560xl
8th Jul 2005, 20:54
Has any body been offered any jobs at all.if I am not wrong they will be starting there ops in Oct.
Whats their pay like whats their career plan for pilots.

Any info would be highly regarded ;)

SecurID
8th Jul 2005, 22:22
You had an offer from them? Then why didn't you ask about terms and conditions at the interview? Just to give you, and others contemplating an interview with another carrier, it sort of goes like this.

Company: "Thank you for coming, do you have any further questions?"

Candidate: "Thank you for inviting me and yes, I do have a couple of questions. I wonder if you could let me know about the remuneration package and promotion prospects? Also, as a relatively new carrier in the Middle East domestic market, what are your growth plans, future destinations etc. and your fleet procurement plans?"

coffindodger
11th Jul 2005, 09:00
they are advertising again on todays flt int jobs page re the basic job specs they have been looking now for over a 6 weeks or so and with little luck, mind you who wants to work in kuwait, i was there for 2 years with waste a space (bae) what a dump.

SurvivedJZR
29th Mar 2006, 04:46
I survived to escape from Kuwait but I can only warn all other First Officers who plan to join them or want even to go for interview. They are GREAT CONSCIOUS LIARs !!

I was in the office of the VPO when somebody called and he explained, that Jazeera is looking for at least 10 F/Os to be upgraded after a short time.

Please, don’t do the same mistake as I or we did! You will stuck there!!

It is a total lie, that they need anybody to be upgraded. F/Os who are there since the beginning are stuck. Jazeera is not fulfilling any promise and you have bad or better said none facilities except to work there.

You pay for uniform, you pay for parking - about 40US$ monthly - you pay for adequate housing at least 1.750 US$, there is no extra-payment for flight-time, just for a sector you will earn 23US$ that is all.

If they say they will increase the salary - you should not believe. Number one the senior vice president said that he will not allow any increasing since Air Arabia had some increases after three years, and number two this is very focusing: they have totally wrong numbers of the present paid salary in the Gulf-area. I was applying with a lot of other companies in the area and when I compared my very actual figures to the list they have, nothing is correct. They say the list is from the pilot-union of Kuwait (which consist of Kuwait Airways Pilots only). It might be right, but the list is total wrong. And of course to make it easier for Kuwait Airways Pilots they put their direct competitor on a higher value than themselves. The number of vacation-days is also wrong, many airlines changed to have 45 days instead of 42 and so on.

And Jazeera does not pay any education allowance and is not willing to pay in future. I had a lot of talking to the new COO, who is a German, with non-family. His opinion is, that family is a personal matter and all of the pilots should earn the same. Therefore he will not pay any education allowance. And he was also informed that there is only one pilot in the company with children at a higher age. Totally wrong and everybody keeps lying. There are many expats with children and one of the expat-F/Os he earns less money than he spends in Kuwait for his family!

You pay for immigration totally yourself. If you have a family this will be horrible expensive, only for the third child for a 2 year VISA it is 2000US$ and Jazeera is paying NOTHING NIL NONE.

Each of their promises are not fulfilled and since a month the new management is ignoring them at all, saying this was done by persons who are not in the company any more. They terminated the COO and VPO in December. Now, anything they promise you (and they do a lot) will not be fulfilled including any upgrade. Why should they ??? If so they just terminate their people and that's it. This is the experience of the past and not a single matter has been done to change this behavior.

And even more, as Commander you are not allowed to upgrade any pax from economy to their called Jazeera+ class (where you can eat without paying). If you are scheduled for SIM in DXB you go in economy-class. Also the COO does not want the pilots and cabin crew to have an advantage of their life on board. Although promised at the beginning to jump on any plane in uniform and get a free ride, now you have to pay for it. The COO said this would be unfair to the Ground-Crew. But they simply like to take money from the employees.

This is low cost - but not only for pay - it is low cost for Cockpit-Crew! The COO also told us, you have to work for the company in average 8-10h daily. He compares the job to a job on ground.

Also you are not entitled to have any leave in the first year of service. They also denied people to leave the country for having their divorce in their home-country. It is very sad how they behave to employees.

Furthermore they don't pay salaries. I was sick for a while and they did not pay me as well they did not pay totally another European pilot!
And even worse although written in the contract - you are not health insured by Jazeera Airways. I had myself two doctors visits, I asked for a reimbursement, nothing is paid and the answer from the secretary of VPO was we don not have this. The answer of the financial manager was we do not pay anything concerning this.

Make your own picture but do not believe anything what they are saying. I know that some Captain who just joined from Kuwait Airways are trying to make some F/Os from Gulf Air coming. These Captains are new with Jazeera, they started also wondering about many things themselves and starting to complain regarding the salary and so on. And they say it cannot continue like this. But the management is ignoring them as they ignored anything but pressing money out of crews. It is low cost!

I think it is very unfair to bring people into this company not giving them the complete picture.

Why should anybody leave his old job to join them??? Remember also this: At the beginning we had been 20 pilots, 10 Cpt + 10 FOs. All of us left the old company. But after the start-up, after all checks, we had only been 9!! 3 Capt + 7 FOs. And now, F/O side, we are only 4!!! 10 pilots from the beginning left their jobs and were kicked out by Jazeera. Why do you think if planning to go there, that you are better than these 10?? Why do you want to risk your job now for such an adventure? I don't understand that F/O with 6.000h total time and being Cpt before want to join Jazeera?! You are not better than those who were there and who are there. And none of them is going to be upgraded - NONE and NOBODY. They are all stuck!!

Sorry for these clear words - but do not make the same mistake as all of us did. Meanwhile 3 F/Os left Jazeera recently, including me. And I tell you, I made a surprising-action since Jazeera put a travel-ban of a lot of their ground-stuff who left or planned to leave. They make your live bad and keep you in the country!

You realize that I am talking very bad of them, but this is the truth. If you do not like what I am writing, ignore it. But since I heard this lie and got a proof that they continue lying on everybody (Egyptians, people from Gulf Air, also From Kuwait Airways, and so on) I have just to offer you what I know.

Any more questions? Post it, I will answer...

Mr Mister
30th Mar 2006, 13:28
yes
i have heard the story from other people who are currently working for jazeera and some who escape as you .....because they wanted to take theirs passport to keep them in K8..

they did not pay people when you are on leave at home andthey do not want to give you ticket to go back home for a leave

i heard one guy from ground staff escape a morning because they were lying to hime since too much time...and it seems that there is as well some funny captain over there who it is not really safe to fly with...
and the worht seems the operations director who harrass copilot in the cockpit telling theme they are on assessment for captain seat ..for how long we donot know but we assess you each flight ..nice slavage guy specially when you know that this guy was retired from k8 airways and came back for flying because he had money problem...imagine the guy who is unable to run his life finacially talking and is in charge of a company ..what a joke as well he has no experience on A320 but he asses them from what i heard from all the jazeera people it is **** over there
and now captain are flyiong together nice and safe and the new CO he takes him self as a godfather...from germany...but for him the ticket to go back in germany are fre of course he is the boss no?
i recently have news from captain over theresas well who are unable to leave easily....defintitely a place to go for holidays...

wastafarian
30th Mar 2006, 15:02
not trying to be too negative, but i predict a simlar report from when the saudi lowcost airline gets up and swingin.

fractional
30th Mar 2006, 20:15
They all have top class managers... The misery is widespread. Can you really single out anyone who keeps his/her word including the majors? EK and GF might well be still the ones to be in despite all the less favourable threads lately.
Don't think the sand is finer in the neighbour's backyard...
Keep discovering until you find better!!!:ok:

MAXMEDLO
31st Mar 2006, 16:30
Well ,just to be fair about my previous pal in JZR, which by the way I am still a pilot in, I must say he has the right to be quite pissed off ,which I truly understand, but to be totally honest, he did fail to mention some acts he did in the company which led him to find him self fired at the end of the day, and believe me, when a company like ours fire a co-pilot nowadays ,when we don’t have enough co-pilots to barely operate our schedule, then he must have done something major.
I will not say that every thing is dandy in JZR now, but IT IS a start-up after all, we just had a meeting with our COO and we are getting a pay rise effective 1st of April, it will include school fees, extra flying sector incentive, an increase in housing allowance, and an increase in basic pay, totalling in a 20% increase overall.
Although we still have a long way to go before I myself am convinced that all is fine, I had to reply on my colleague’s post because I know he wrote this post out of revenge rather than sharing facts about JZR.
One more advise to anyone wanting to join JZR, if you are not willing to bear with a start up company with all its chaos in the beginning, I recommend you wait a year or so before this move, if you want to come and do an extra bit of effort and reap any potential this company DOES have to offer, please do...

SurvivedJZR
7th Apr 2006, 17:18
@Maxmeldo

Fine that you are still there, but by the way, you did not join JZR from the beginning as I and many of the other 12 of 20 Captains/Copilots did, who are meanwhile fired, not paid or just "pissed of" their behaviour.

You said: "I know he wrote this post out of revenge rather than sharing facts about JZR..."

I am not writing this in the meaning of a revenge and what I posted ARE FACTS, hard to believe, but everything I wrote was 100% true. Now, you are talking about an average total increase of 20% in their payments. Really? Can you post details, how much US$ do you get? For what? And what about other benefits or how you call it "facilities"? What do you get there? Is there meanwhile any airline-agreement to fly on other airlines for reduced fare? I doubt, but you can tell me, how the situation changed!

You came from Kuwait Airways and you still have a lot of benefits from your previous company, of which you actualy profit from. If you like to share the situation as a new expat would have, do not take any advantage out of your previous airline, only take those benefits which you have in JZR (which is just a single one).

- It is easy to come after the start-up has been made by other pilots.

- It is easy to come to JZR to accept a lower salary there, but together with the only for you paid pension (because being retired in Kuwait Airways) you have a higher income than you had in Kuwait Airways and a higher salary as the an expat-Cpt would have. This applies only for Cpt like you, who finally blocked our upgrades. I really do not want to say this is your fault, it was JZR managment, who offered you our promised and writtenly confirmed upgrades. If I were you, I would have done the same, most probably.

- It is easy to come to JZR and knowing to leave JZR when WATANIYA-Airline starts and to suffer from the situation only a few months.

- It is easy to join JZR as a Kuwaiti, not paying anything for immegration. Do you know, how much this Expat-Copilot paid to have his wife and three kids with him? Do you know how much of his JZR-salary left after paying the school-fees? All of you who came to JZR after the ex-VPO left do not have those problems and those costs.

- It is easy to join JZR and then after a few weeks saying that there should be some changes. And while you are waiting only 2 or three months, there are others waiting 6 or more months to get a little bit of those things, which made all of them coming to JZR and bringing this airline into the air. And while not having anything of those things promised or even those benefits of the contract - it is not easy to enjoy life in Kuwait.

- It is easy to join JZR while having another health-insurance and not need to take care about this. Can you deny that also a Kuwaiti-Trainings-Captain reminded JZR of the none-insured-condition in 2005 as helath-insurance is a part of the contract? And what happend? Nothing, except this Captain did not further accept the respectless behaviour of JZR-Managment and left!

But if I were you, I would have to check the situation from a different point of view, the point of view of an expat, who left a nice job in order to get an upgrade within 6 months after the start-up. To show you the written confirmation, it says "to be upgraded in March or April 2006"!

I really cannot stand the way JZR tries to get Copilots from somewhere else. I already posted, that I was in the VPO-office when a Copilot called and he told to the Copilot that JZR is presenty looking for at least 10 Copilots to be upgraded within this year, which is - in fact - a big lie.

And this is not a revenge, this is sharing facts - true facts! Everybody must decicde himself to jon JZR or not. But they should have the correct picture of the airline before deciding.

MAXMEDLO
8th Apr 2006, 12:13
So as it seems, you have failed once again to mention some other facts, which both you and I know that if you did mention them, they would have not served your cause. If you’re taking about facts, which I doubt, then these are the facts I know;

Fact 1:

You do NOT pay for uniform, although it is mentioned in the contract, you clearly know that they never collected its cost and it was disregarded as an item in our contracts.

Fact 2:

As mentioned before salaries were increased, too bad for you, details are not your concerns now are they?:hmm:

Fact 3:

I don’t come from Kuwait Airways, I am an expat just as you are, and I played a major role in the start up, I’d say that you cant compare both our roles by far, since you forgot to mention that you had disappeared in your home country in the midst of heavy operations on the lame excuse of being sick for one whole month, putting all your fellow pilots on overdrive to cover your unplanned absence, and before you dared to show up again, you called VP-OPS and YOU were afraid that if you came back, that you passport will be seized and he assured you that no such things happen so you came back!!! After you came back, the incident you did in Beirut (which I will not go into its detail to save you some face water) was the reason you got fired, you don’t threat airlines to ground their planes at offshore destinations to fulfill you needs and get away with it, or do you??
If you did this in Germany, you’d be in jail now.:yuk:

Fact 4:

If it’s so easy to join the new company opening in Kuwait, Watanya, why didn’t you wait to join it? No training pilot left this company as you assumed, the captain your talking about is here and is here to stay.

Fact 5:

Its no surprise that you pay for your residencies, it is mentioned in the contract you signed! Schools are covered now in the new pay scheme, I haven’t heard the father of 3 complaining, it seems that you care for his kids more than he does.:hmm:

Fact 6:

Both you and I know for sure that there was no written item in the contract stating that you will be upgraded in March or April 2006; this is a load of crap, even YOU used to mention all the time that it was a verbal promise of the former VP-OPS, that’s your side of the story, and I really don’t give you that much credibility after all. Even if what you say it’s true, you should have some common sense to know that in order to upgrade, there must be substitute pilots do fill your seat on the right, which in March were not available, little bit self centered are we?:hmm:

Fact 7:

I don’t think it’s decent of a pilot to eaves drop on phone calls, especially when his fellow German national is the one speaking!!!! I thought both of you were dear friends.:yuk:

Fact 8:

Upgrade is due in September this year, I know you don’t believe me, but time will tell, and come September, you’ll feel sorry you did not have enough patience and foresight.

I would just like to note that it’s a pity I have to lay out the facts I did in a manner that might hurt an ex colleague, but once again there is no intent of revenge in the way I am offering my point of view.

One thing you mentioned I must agree on, every one must decide for him self after having a CORRECT picture of JZR, not your own version of what to expect, it’s not our fault you don’t know where your best interest is, and you should be responsible enough to bear the results of your own mistakes.

MAX :cool:

ironbutt57
8th Apr 2006, 14:06
Well.....at least we are witnessing both sides of the picture...no middle road guys here....:}

sheryas777
8th Apr 2006, 18:30
Well.....at least we are witnessing both sides of the picture...no middle road guys here....:}
I am a regular reader of this page, what I do not understand and wish to know is why you the expat, once you are in a secured job you start looking for other. Have had meetings and discussions with many pilots and others, who came to the Gulf and mainly to Gulf air and then they find themselves joining other airlines,EK,QR,EY and those small ones. It's their right of course to move for better opportunities, but they must understand, that Gulf air is the institute of the aviation not only in the Arabian Gulf but in whole the Middle East.
I agree that Gulf air is not growing like others but, it's a reliable and organized, with secured and clean working environment.
Best of wishes for all: cool:

MAXMEDLO
9th Apr 2006, 11:58
News flash

Our dear ex pal seemed to have forgotten to return the car that our bad company gave to him in good faith for his own personal use, you insist on stating that your post was not for revenge but for fact sharing, but yet you don’t return the car to the company and no one knows its where abouts? If this is not an act of vengeance then you seem to not know the meaning of the word, get a life, and oh, buy a dictionary.:yuk:

I am starting to feel ashamed of even calling you an ex colleague. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

MAX

bluepacific
10th Apr 2006, 02:49
Where's a pair of boxing gloves when you need one .......................
:E

Eliason
10th Apr 2006, 08:01
No boxing gloves - but:
http://www.forums.gamerskrew.com/images/smilies/boxing_smiley.gif
http://www.forums.gamerskrew.com/images/smilies/305.gif

AirNoServicesAustralia
10th Apr 2006, 10:23
Not taking sides here but it's funny that we have a guy here telling someone to buy a dictionary and then keeps referring to him as an "ex college"??? Did you go to school in him or something? I think the word you are looking for is "colleague", which is "a fellow member of a profession".:ok:

kelb
10th Apr 2006, 11:41
also looking to get a job from the region so I find this kind of truths very interesting.We have heard stories from the both sides and I think it is your call now, survivedJZR

MAXMEDLO
10th Apr 2006, 12:16
Thanks AirNo, no wonder I thought it looked funny.I'll by a dickshonary wright away;)

MAX:ok:

yyzdub
10th Apr 2006, 12:26
Reading this post with humour I had to comment....I don't get it... SurvivedJZR says it's all lies at Jazeera but everything he is complaining about seems to be just that, complaints and not lies. Education allowances, uniforms, staff travel, etc, etc, etc - if the company doesn't want to give them, then why fault them. Yeah it might not be ideal or in some cases fair but if you don't like it, leave then.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth!

GlueBall
10th Apr 2006, 15:28
...And why should a pilot as you, with wife and three kids, be entitled to more benefits [or pay] than a single pilot...? Needless to say, the amount of "baggage" that you bring along isn't the airline's responsibility. :{

SurvivedJZR
11th Apr 2006, 21:29
also looking to get a job from the region so I find this kind of truths very interesting.We have heard stories from the both sides and I think it is your call now, survivedJZR

Sure, I will do. But since I am enjoying presently some vacations, I really do not want to waste too much time on this.

All what I said was true for my time being there AND since there are no details from MAX about salary-increasement, it looks like there is not any. It is easy to write down all those facts putting me in a bad shape. But most of them are not like I experienced them. Furthermore all the time it is easy to talk about upgrades which might come down the road FROM A CAPTAINs POINT OF VIEW. But I mentioned to have those upgrade-promise writtenly confirmed, so please MAX, if you post something, stay with the truth.

Just as an example, it is nice, that you say something about a car - if this matter belongs to the company, could you tell me, why nobody asked me from the company for it?

I guess, they do not like to face the problem of paying me for the last month and to pay a 3months notice and to reimburse my costs of some doctors visits in KUWAIT. By the way, are you health-insured by the company and got a reimbursement of your costs? I guess not but if so why do they not reimburse others docots bills?

I still wait for any investigation of that what is said "happened in BEIRUT". You were not with us, but it seamed, you got a briefing, what the company is saying, what has happened. FAIRNESS is something which does not take place in JZR and of course, for the company: it is more easy to invent some happenings for the company point of view instead of just showing a professional behaviour and pay a 3months notice.

By the way, which fact did you mention for those people being with JZR at the beginning? Meanwhile only 6 of 20 PILOTS are with JZR - what is YOUR STATEMENT about the fact that only 6 remained?

I do not want to give any "friendly advice" but those PILOT-colleagues outside JZR may vary their dicission on the comments in this FORUM. I am a very honest person and not a SHOWMAN - but I cannot understand why people can post lies while aming for other PILOTS to join this airline. Of course I am very sad for all my Ex-FO-colleagues, which can only get any upgrade, after enough (more than 21) FOs has joine the airline. YES it is bad for my ex-colleagues to post this, but it is the truth. And it is the decission of my ex-FO-colleagues to accept this situation, not mine.

For me a job does not mean only something - it has a lot of influence in many directions and I am not only talking for family reasons.

Sorry, but I (and ALL First Officer colleagues) cannot lie on their friends - or how would you comment the FACT that all of us First Officers had friends in other arlines who just waited to join JZR as we did and then to be in the line for the upgrade. But they waited for a proof ...... can you deny that nobody joined?

I could continue with a lot of others items - but I realized to spend more time than I wanted. Sure I will continue from home, to give others an idea of the situation ......

Walter Sobchak
11th Apr 2006, 21:38
"ex college" is almost german , we call that mixing 'denglisch'(deutsch-englisch).
"Ex-Kollege" would be the german expression.:}

In such way that...
11th Apr 2006, 22:04
I am a regular reader of this page, what I do not understand and wish to know is why you the expat, once you are in a secured job you start looking for other. Have had meetings and discussions with many pilots and others, who came to the Gulf and mainly to Gulf air and then they find themselves joining other airlines,EK,QR,EY and those small ones. It's their right of course to move for better opportunities, but they must understand, that Gulf air is the institute of the aviation not only in the Arabian Gulf but in whole the Middle East.
I agree that Gulf air is not growing like others but, it's a reliable and organized, with secured and clean working environment.
Best of wishes for all: cool:

...it's a reliable and organized, with secured and clean working environment. :bored:

Say again please!

MAXMEDLO
12th Apr 2006, 13:44
AND since there are no details from MAX about salary-increasement, it looks like there is not any

Ok pal,

You do keep insisting on knowing the salary increment, it’s of no use to you now, or are you having second thoughts? its quite childish to think I am only pulling your leg, after all a salary increment is not some thing you can imagine, and unlike you, I don’t have the nerve of making facts up and posting them on a public forum,

Just as an example, it is nice, that you say something about a car - if this matter belongs to the company, could you tell me, why nobody asked me from the company for it?

It is quite bold of you on the other hand to confess on a public forum that you did actually conceal the car the company gave you, so the lesson your teaching us is that as long as people don’t miss there stuff, its okay to assume they don’t require it? Talk about decency:yuk:

I guess, they do not like to face the problem of paying me for the last month and to pay a 3months notice

I think you have an issue of reading and understanding contract phraseology, it is clearly stated in your contract that “IF YOUR EMPLOYMENT SHOULD BE TERMINATED BY THE COMPANY FOR ANY REASON OTHER THEN UNWILLFULL CONDUCT, YOU WIIL RECEIVE THREE MONTHS NOTICE”, and I reckon taking an aircraft hostage in an offshore destination can be regarded as unwillfull conduct, not to mention a crime, regardless of the fine details you assume I don’t have.

By the way, which fact did you mention for those people being with JZR at the beginning? Meanwhile only 6 of 20 PILOTS are with JZR - what is YOUR STATEMENT about the fact that only 6 remained?

Mean while, both of us know that JZR is very selective in its pilot standards, only a handful made it through the sim check, you were one of them, so the fact that we are only a few is in your favor, the fact that you left is in our favor.

Credibility is a big part of a pilot’s character, in my point of view, you have no such asset, as for the people reading this thread, I cannot decide for them, these are the facts I am certain of, I have nothing to hide.

MAX:ok:

tournesol
13th Apr 2006, 09:29
"Did you go to school in him or something"
airnoservicesaustralia, i think we all need to buy a dictionary and or take english grammar lessons.
:{

Eliason
13th Apr 2006, 13:53
Well - as for Dictionaries - you don't have to buy them - you find them online! :)
Alpha-Dictionary:
http://www.alphadictionary.com/langdir.html
The Free Dictionary:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/
And there are many others out!
Now you know where to find out how to spell the words! Now go and use it as well! :eek: I don't want to see any wrong spellings anymore! :*
If Dany would get a cent for a dozen spelling mistake on all the forums - he'd be a rich man now! :ok:

Bugcrusher
14th Apr 2006, 06:24
[quote=MAXMEDLO]Ok pal,

UNWILLFULL CONDUCT
What is that? Is it something that one does unwillingly? No joke, I really don't know.

sheryas777
16th Apr 2006, 18:48
...it's a reliable and organized, with secured and clean working environment. :bored:

Say again please!

What to say, to a stupid person, who does not understand

Mr Mister
17th Apr 2006, 17:31
facts are from infos we have from the 3 guys who escaped :
no one of them were paid for their month before they left !:\
no one of them have the yearly ticket to come back!:eek:
no one of them were upgrade as initially promised within few months!!:E

and the rise of salary happen because people were escaping from there if thsi would not happen all would have remain the same specially form the mother ****er on the ground who is saying that pilots are doing a routine job...:sad: :ok: :ok: :ok:
nice jazeera :p and thank you for the kake expat captin who now kisssing the ass of the management who is he ?

"captain Ramadan" or "captain wind in the noze"
:E :E :E

Mr Mister
17th Apr 2006, 17:45
upgrade is due ????
no the assesment will start in september ..for how long .. looooooong :cool: winter of sweating from the k8 training captains..they know how to make "ascetic ideal " GGOOOD they wil do it the way they do it in k8 airways...
enjoy :eek: :eek: :eek:
so yes upgrade is DUE:8 :E
tank GOD for that !!! wich one who ever you want want to prey... :p

MAXMEDLO
17th Apr 2006, 23:54
And you are saying???????:confused: :confused:

I hope you dont express your self in that way when you are talking to a controller,I dont have a f:mad: king clue what your getting at.

MAX

Bugcrusher
18th Apr 2006, 00:18
I agree with MaxM, this thread is a load of cr@p.

SurvivedJZR
18th Apr 2006, 07:14
Please, be so kind to wait for a few days more, then I am back from vacation and surely reply on your posts.

I am enjoying my vacation, why should I spend too much time for this? I will spend the time when I have returned home...

And it is so nice, to see all your smileys - my ex-colleague :)

ironbutt57
18th Apr 2006, 09:25
Just sounds like the growing pains experienced by all new airlines....agreed one needs a special kind of patience to see it all through...one reason I stay away from new start ups..did it once, never again:(

superman_32
21st Apr 2006, 07:00
First Officer Posted 20 Apr 06 Close date18 May 06 Location Middle East Apply for this Job
Job Description PILOT THE FREEDOM MOVEMENT
FIRST OFFICERS WANTED FOR JAZEERA AIRWAYS
Jazeera Airways is on a mission – to spread the wings of freedom across the region. Freedom of choice, freedom from overpricing, freedom to fly on your own terms. Join the freedom movement and spread joy and happiness in people’s lives… and yours.
Requirements:
• ICAO ATPL
• 45 years of age or younger
• 3,000 total flying hours on jets, 1,500 of which must be logged on turbine engine aircraft with a maximum weight of 30,000kgs or more
• Minimum 500 hours on an A320
What does this freedom mean to YOU?
• First Officer Upgrade Programme
• Opportunity to move into Management and Training
• Heavily subsidized travel on Jazeera Airways
• Attractive, tax-free salary
• Housing, children’s education, car allowance
• Incremental sector payment scheme (amounting to US$ 8,400/- approx.)
• End of service benefits
Want to know exactly what it feels like to fly for Jazeera Airways? Talk to one of our First Officers (Kuwaiti, Algerian, Canadian, and Egyptian). Call us on 965 4333304, xtn 215.
Otherwise, you can send your CV to [email protected]
Fly for Jazeera Airways. It’s an uplifting experience.
Has anyone shed any feelings on this company?

mutt
21st Apr 2006, 07:09
Has anyone shed any feelings on this company?

They certainly have..... check out and decide for yourself..

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219377

Mutt

fourplay
21st Apr 2006, 09:43
Who gives a rats Ar*e about the spelling and gramma... I am rivited by this thread.

Way better than anything on TV.

Actually would make a good script!

:} :} :}

ironbutt57
21st Apr 2006, 17:33
The only freedom you don't have is to leave Kuwait at your own discretion

MAXMEDLO
22nd Apr 2006, 00:08
I think you also have the freedom of speech, and in case of survivedJZR, the freedom of imagination:E

I think we’re an ok company, at least thats my opinion:cool:

MAX

Jamborjp
23rd Apr 2006, 05:26
are they hiring Second Officers??? if so, what are they requirments???
I have a FAA CPL/IR/ME and CFI/CFII/MEI with over 1100hrs

Captain Kot
25th Apr 2006, 00:09
2 MAX...
Sorry to post - you are not frankly... Surely, couple of months and... inshallah...
Have a good luck and... do a due!
P.S. No comments, no response, please. I don't have no time for monkey business.

MAXMEDLO
25th Apr 2006, 19:07
This thread is quite a lengthy one, I find it amazing that you don’t have time for monkey business and yet you managed to read it all.:rolleyes:

I’m not really interested in your point of view, but what do you care, you wont be reading my reply anyways.;)

MAX:cool:

SurvivedJZR
13th Aug 2006, 15:55
Hi volks,

it is quite a while that I survived Jazeera Airways and their chains for personnel!
Well, after I opened this thread, and to see, whoever was posting, it is a good feeling
to hear, that not more FOs trusted on lies of that management.

Although, that I went through the sh*t, with some other FOs, we all are happy having left
Jazzera Airways, and who wonders, all (4) of us are Captains now, in different airlines.

However it is a bad feeling thinking back - it is a good feeling to see the present status,
with us and with Jazeera Airways.

I still feel sorry for my ex-colleagues, who couldn't get out of Kuwait and who had to stay
with them, for any reasons. And what I heard while calling them, the present status hasn't changed too much, which is the meaning of todays post, just check others airlines, if you are interested in joinging a Middle East Airline.

S-JZRc :cool:

jetjackel
15th Aug 2006, 13:57
Sure the CO is a German? Sounds and acts more like an Arab.

Spent about 3 years, on and off, working for an operator in Kuwait.

Kuwait is where all the "sleezy Iraqi's went".

They use expats like tampons.:cool:

MASsenger
16th Aug 2006, 02:17
]I agree that…………… , it's a reliable and organized, with secured and clean working environment.

Ha,ha,ha………what a joke. I`m ex-KU, same ****_ different spade!!!

pilotseekingnewjob2
22nd Aug 2006, 20:01
Does Aljazeera recruit direct entry captains?

Fox3snapshot
23rd Aug 2006, 00:50
Thinking of a television career???? :E

or did you mean... Jazeera Airways

http://www.jazeeraairways.com/

They might have more use for a DEC ;)

SurvivedJZR
23rd Aug 2006, 13:25
... really sure, you want to go there? :bored:

SurvivedJZR
23rd Aug 2006, 13:30
Ha,ha,ha………what a joke. I`m ex-KU, same ****_ different spade!!!

All Q8's are black sheeps, this is for sure! No matter the COO is German, he get his money while treating others without any respect ... :=

pilotseekingnewjob2
23rd Aug 2006, 15:56
What are the requirements please?

MASsenger
24th Aug 2006, 02:05
I bet this German COO is a punk. A drop out who could not make the cut in a regular airline in Germany or anywhere else. The ME seems to attract drivers of this caliber who will be Management doormats. Arab Management love fellows like these who will **** on everyone!

MAXMEDLO
22nd Sep 2006, 12:10
Boy oh boy oh boy,SRVDJZR, I dont think you'll be happy to know that the first 4 senior copilots have been promoted to captains,2 last month and 2 this month,I guess if you'd have waited and not had your head so far up your APU,you'd be in a better situation now,:ugh:

But I rekon its a good thing you left after all since your too good for us to start with:E

MML

Ray Darr
22nd Sep 2006, 12:57
...your head so far up your APU...
:D :D :D

HAHA!! I LIKE that! OK, it's old 'n' mouldy but so am I. Good one, MAX!

:ok:

~ R.D.

Geebz
19th Nov 2006, 16:01
Boy oh boy oh boy,SRVDJZR, I dont think you'll be happy to know that the first 4 senior copilots have been promoted to captains,2 last month and 2 this month,I guess if you'd have waited and not had your head so far up your APU,you'd be in a better situation now,:ugh:

But I rekon its a good thing you left after all since your too good for us to start with:E

MML

Max, I don't mean this to flame you but, while you appear to be a fairly educated and level-headed guy, you are quite obviously one heck of a koolaid drinker. And why shouldn't you be? You were there at the startup Al Jazzera and you beleive in your airline, and in your choices to stay there. Fair enough. But you and everyone else who has worked in the Middle East/ Kuwait know how unfairly expats are treated and how that can effect the overall operation of a company.

I ran an operation in the M.E. I spent two years beating my head against the wall trying to convince upper mgmt (the owners/ Sheiks) that the best way to run the company is to keep your word and take care of the employees (because they take care of your company/ product). I'm not saying the company needs to give away the house, rather they merely need to follow the contract and follow their word (an almost impossible proposition in the Middle East). If he was told he would upgrade, why should he expect otherwise? A verbal contract IS as good as a written one, the only problem being the burden of proof of course. Regardless, throughout the Middle East, pilots are treated like crap and expats treated like slaves (not being allowed to leave a country at your own will is tantamount to slavery... the Kuwaitis are masters at this, no pun intended). An educated man like yourself ought to at least pay some credance to this regional and cultural fact.

I understand you believe in your airline, but come on. Aren't you a pilot first? Can you not relate to the broken promises so rampant in that region of the world? The "arab-trader" mentality is to delay payment, circumvent contracts and play games with employees. When those employees are the asset managers (read: pilots), such tactics always prove to be fruitless in the end.

Why is it that the Captains are always the ones to stiffle an F/Os opinion of an airline either in cockpit conversation or on forum chatrooms? Most of these Captains had the same complaints when they were F/Os yet when they upgrade it's the same mantra: "you're lukcy to be here." I am guilty of this myself, but I try minimize it as I am aware of the difficulties in being a right seater (financial, cockpit prodecures change by captains, etc).

It seems a few pilots have left Al Jazzera. How much did the company spend in recruitment/ training costs to bring those pilots on board? Surely, one with such inside knowledge as you, should know. I bet it's upwards of $60,000 US per pilot. As economies of scale grow, such mismanagement will wreck an airline; hence management's necessity to compensate more and to start following the contract (read: skilled-labor retention)

There are two ways to run an airline and ONLY TWO. 1) Cost cut to the bone and pummel every vendor/ employee/ contractor. Or 2) Provide value to your product by motivating your employees to put a positive image on your product (ala Southwest Airlines style). I'm not saying this totally equates to pay, it's a philosophical approach as well.

When I took over the company in the M.E. that I metnioed above, we had a 90% employee turnover. Against the wishes of upper mgmt and the Sheiks, I applied approach #2 to the operation and violla, we had had employee retention which reduced our overhead costs in operations (motivated employees... motivated to see the company survive) and recruitment. The pay increase wasn't huge, rather it was in line with market rates. But our philospophical approach to treating crews as a partner to the growth of the company is what turned things around for us. All zero-cost items were approved. What does it cost Al Jazzera to let an employee fly for free? ZERO.

It appears your airline has learned some recent lessons of low employee moral and you are trophying this fact to beat down your "ex-colleague". Hardly a fair assessment, what say you?

And regarding what happened to him in Lebanon. You of all people should know there are two sides to any story. Your side may indeed be true since you seem to have some inside info on the event but let's be reasonable. The company will ALWAYS use the pilot as the scapegoat. ALWAYS. And how convenient it is to blame a former employee for an event if he is no longer around to defend himself.

bluepacific
19th Nov 2006, 17:03
Great post Geebz, how true . . . . . . and how sad .
BP

MAXMEDLO
28th Nov 2006, 12:27
Dear Geebz,

I'd be lying if I said I dont like your post,it is indeed sad but true,i will need some time to post a reply though, and since I am flying tonight, I'll postpone it a while,but I'd like to high light one item quickly,where I stand on the "way pilots should stick together code" is the same position any self respecting pilot will adopt,pilots care for each other and thats that,but when an odd pilot comes along and tries to break your image as a group of pilots who are working thier butts off and are willing to give a bit more than thier contract requires(written or oral that may be),in order to get his own personal goals achived and not giving a damn about the big picture and the higher goals we (his fellow pilots) are trying to acomplish so all of us (him included) reap the benifits of being the first batch in a start up company.

The actions done by him and other pilots who left in his wake only left us suffering loses in the Zero-cost agenda your talking about since mngmnt has a tendency to stop facilitating services that people misuse, or at least they make aquiring them a longer procedure,i.e. staff cars,staff travel,starting bank accounts, getting loans, applying for credit cards and so on.All these options now take us a lot of paper work and time only because my fellow pilots misused them,ALL OF THEM ACTUALLY,the fact that I did not state all of his and his followers actions was originating from the fact that I still believe that we must try to save some face water and integrity of each other,since, after all he was a colleague, but if I sense any trial from him to destroy a thing I've been catering for for such a long time, I will not hesitate to break the code,the one he broke in the begining to start with.

As I mentioned in the start of my reply,you stated a sad but true fact,but you cant blame me to try to stop it from occuring in the company that I'm part off now especially that its fresh and willing,having the chance,any pilot would do the same,even you, after two years beating your head against the wall of another company,if you got a fresh chance you wont hesitate to try your best all over again to avoid the negative outcome of your previous experience.
Regards,

MAX

expatula
6th Dec 2006, 05:18
No boxing gloves - but:
http://www.forums.gamerskrew.com/images/smilies/boxing_smiley.gif
http://www.forums.gamerskrew.com/images/smilies/305.gif

hey there, where'd you get these icons? har har har :}

SurvivedJZR
6th Dec 2006, 08:31
@Geebz:

What you said is a very detailled description of the area. I have a strong feeling that you had worked before in Kuwait, correct? ;)

@Maxmeldo
It is the very first time, that you are using a discreet and non-defamation style of posting. Nice and improved behaviour. :D

Since I am still in contact with a colleague in the company, I know what is going on.

Again, my posts are not a revenge, although you'd like to push them into that direction. My aim is to deliver information people would not get otherwise. It is the decision of anybody him/herself to join Jazeera or not. But for decision making, it is good to know what is truely going on.

You know, in my opinion it is not correct, that a few people try to get an advantage on others expense, who then join the airline and find themselves in a totally unexpected situation with a huge chance of having left a nicer job before.

Jazeera advertised a few days ago for more CPTs and FOs, stating a generous annual leave (which you are not entitled to get in the first year & which you surely won't get when you leave the airline, at least not a part of it) but - for instance - stating nothing about bonding. Of course, no company would do that, but at least, at the interview to inform about the conditions, about ALL conditions. You won't be able to deny, that although having a contract with Jazeera without a bond, and even though having been flying for several months with Jazeera as CPT, the airline forced this CPT to sign a bond retroactive for his TypeRaiting for an amount of 60.000 - 75.000 USD.

I am happy for the ex-colleagues who became CPT know, but the conditions would not have been acceptable for me. Although you are posting, 4 FOs got an upgrade - but how many of the 4 FOs had been with Jazeera from the beginning? (-> 2) The others are Kuwaitis joining later from Kuwait Airways.... What you positivly forgot to post about the Upgrade is the bond they had to sign. Although - when joining Jazeera - it was confirmed not to have a bond for the upgrade. Now they had to sign for it. So tell us, how much it is ...

The actions done by him and other pilots who left in his wake only left us suffering loses in the Zero-cost agenda your talking about since mngmnt has a tendency to stop facilitating services that people misuse, or at least they make aquiring them a longer procedure,i.e. staff cars,staff travel,starting bank accounts, getting loans, applying for credit cards and so on.All these options now take us a lot of paper work and time only because my fellow pilots misused them,ALL OF THEM ACTUALLY,the fact that I did not state all of his and his followers actions was originating from the fact that I still believe that we must try to save some face water and integrity of each other,since, after all he was a colleague, but if I sense any trial from him to destroy a thing I've been catering for for such a long time, I will not hesitate to break the code,the one he broke in the begining to start with.

:8 That were 2 very long sentences. :8

Returning to the facts:

- Regarding to the use of Credit Card, I am not aware what other ex-colleagues did or did not, I can only speak fo myself and state having used it within the given limits and well within the monthly salary amount. It seems you simply were fed by companies informations without questioning them. Of course, now Jazeera is using us for any bad manner. Do you really expect me, after not being paid last months salary - which I was entitled to by Kuwait law - to balance my banc account by paying money into it?

- If you are posting about loans, for instance to buy a car, you know very well that it was not possible from the beginning. Jazeera did not help, did not support at all to get a loan. Either you had warrantor being a Kuwaiti or you did not get a loan at all. Why are you now blaming me/us for these facts?

- If you talk about "integrity of each other", I remember all of you (meaning all of the CPTs who were that time with Jazeera) called and asked the management to start upgrading, asked to stick to the contract. You were as successful as we had been. Remember, later on, we had 4 FOs for 2 A320s and no outlook at all to be upgraded within a reasonable time. Friends of the Kuwaitis CPTs from Kuwait Airways were taken, one by one, becoming a total number of around 15 CPTs to join the airline in spring 2006 blocking CPT-positions for a MIM of a year or more! And then - it was said by the DFO - THEN we start assessment, meaning, a candidate waits to this end, being THEN assessed having a great chance not to succeed. I grew up in a social environment learning and adopting social behaviour. But also this education told me that somewhen comes a point where you have to make a decision! I was sorry for my colleagues who had no opportunity but staying, because of familiy and expenses-reasons. But this does not mean that I have to stay in order to be one of two supporters! I am sure, you would not decide different, being in the same situation!

- Also when I left, it was not suddenly, not at all! After the new COO had been with us for a while, I spoke with him and told him about my personal situation. I also told him to leave the company after 3 months, if my upgrade was not in an assured schedule. This was a very clear talk and he was informed in detaills. Talking about moral aspects - it was clear for the company that I will leave after these 3 months. You can say, I did not resign formaly, I agree, but the COO fully understood the gravity of the situation. But finally, I was terminated at the end of the 3rd month, which coalated with my decision not to return.

... at least they make aquiring them a longer procedure,i.e. staff cars,staff travel,starting bank accounts, getting loans, applying for credit cards and so on.

- Please explain why staff travel is a problem which relates to us (fellow pilots who misused them) ?

I wish all (ex-colleagues, fellow pilots and management) Merry Christmas :ok:

S-JZR :)

MAXMEDLO
12th Dec 2006, 13:31
Geez,now that's what I'd call a long post,are you sure you found a job after you left,it makes me wonder how you find all the spare time for such extended replies,but I've got to hand it you, your english is improving drasticly,which means you've been watching more T.V., which takes us back to square one,are you out of a job?:}

Well pal, its seems that our little debate is going no where, so I have decided that since I have made my point of view clear enough for any one who cares to read through this post from beginning to end,any other effort to clarify what you did and what I think of it is in vain,hence, its over ond out from my end of the line,you wanna transmit, you transmit blind. :hmm:

MAX

SurvivedJZR
16th Dec 2006, 12:33
@MAX

Well, you know, as I do, all readers of these posts understand fully what it means not to mention any items or figures of the previous corresponding post.

It's a pity that you couldn't moderate your emotions in your last post. I had a wish, but it did not come true. :rolleyes:

S-JZR

Lost at fl345
20th Jan 2007, 14:50
i would like to add something to this on going argument..... im a jazeera airways f/o and have been for the past year, previously i was in kuwait airways, a government owned airline and am a kuwaiti national so job security guaranteed and pretty much command guaranteed!!
However i decided to leave for a chance for a faster upgrade and u say SurvivedJZR that the company is full of liars and it was hell on earth....
For my experience in jazeera has been pleasant..... For the reason of it not being fantastic is the fact that flying 99 hours a month is something im not used to at the start but i stuck in there and now enjoying the fruits of my labour as my command upgrade is next year..... march to be exact instead of waiting another 8 years in kuwait airways.
So u sir are accusing the company of being lairs and using u as a scapegoat (which btw i heard of ur story in the beirut.... VERY SHALLOW) maybe they spiced it up but never the less it was very low.
The company has been keeping their promises with all the crew as much as they can, remember they put the airlines considerations first then u!!!!
i recommend any f/os to join jazeera it is hard work like working for any low cost carriers but the rewards are fruitful even leaving a government secured jobs!!!

cordy
30th May 2007, 11:54
May someone plesae tell me what phone number I can call to chat about employment.
I went on the websites but could not find a phone number to Admin, only found Call Centers.

Thank you.

cameltoe2006
30th May 2007, 14:04
Application in AA is done online. If they consider you they will call you. But if you want to call them it's up to you. Dial +971 6 5088824 and look for Annie Menezes.

This info is free of charge. Goodluck!

villian
2nd Jun 2007, 12:13
Any good news from jazeera?
is there any reason to join as aF/O
How do you think how soon can i estimate an upgrade with your airline(if any for expats)
and what would be conditions of that?
my TT 6300 jet , 737EFIS -2733, current F/O320 -2500hrs

would be happy to receive a PM

villian
2nd Jun 2007, 12:28
Someone from there?
Could you share personal feelings flying there?(expats)
what is life in Kuwait for euro family looks like?

PM appreciated

MAXMEDLO
2nd Jun 2007, 16:18
cameltoe2006
Application in AA is done online. If they consider you they will call you. But if you want to call them it's up to you. Dial +971 6 5088824 and look for Annie Menezes.
This info is free of charge. Good luck!

Sorry cameltoe2006 my friend, us being rivals made me smile widely when I read that the info was free of charge an' all, a rumor people tend to believe when it comes to low cost airlines, but both you and I know that there is no such thing as free when it comes to low cost:E, any way, I just wanted to pull your leg, oh, lets make it finger, it costs less:}

Now regarding Jazeera, you can call a Mr. Sajith on +965-4333304 ext 215 sat thru thrs from 0900 to 1600 LT, we're GMT+3.

As far as I see you have more than enough hours and my estimate for time to command now is running between 2.5 to 3.5 years, maybe a little more but probably less.But please dont take my estimates for granted,after all, they are estimates not promises.

Best of luck, and this info is not for free, if you join Jazeera, I'm expecting a cup of coffee;)

MAX

cameltoe2006
3rd Jun 2007, 06:17
Haha! Nice one, Max.

Keep on flying high the good skies. Cheers buddy! :ok:

villian
11th Jun 2007, 09:57
THANK U FOR ESTIMATES MAXMEDLO (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=107922) vbmenu_register("postmenu_3326238", true);

MASsenger
12th Jun 2007, 05:56
I did a few years with KU. What you have to remember when you work in the ME is that nothing is as it seems, even when it is written on paper. I was shocked to find the `trader mentality’ with management, and so it`s all about getting the best deal. In this case, if you have been denied something, then the management guy feels he`s got the better deal. Things that we take for granted in the western world, will be deliberately left out, just because you did not asked for it. You then will have to start a long process of appeals and perhaps achieve somewhat close to your target. With KU most of their promise was honored. After a couple of years subsequent contract appeared to be getting more and more restrictive, ie I was loosing out on allowances and benefits. One by one over the years it was being cut when cost of living was going up. Finally when housing allowance was slashed by a 1/3, I decided to pack in. I was in no mood for any more b/s, packed my bags one fine day and took a hike!

Vowed never to set foot ever again in the land of total chaos, total madness, total………you name it and you`ll find it!!!

thirstyforeigner
28th Jun 2007, 12:40
villian, greetings from Q8!
Life with Jazeera has been fun but takes a while to get used to the country. That said, i'm Irish and living here with my wifes and kids (one born here) for the past 2 years and have no plans on leaving (but i am allowed leave if i want!) drop me a line if you are interested in more info.

higher320
6th Jul 2007, 17:24
hello....

some info for those who are interested in jazeera airways ...left and right seats..

the fleet is only A320 ...at the moment they have 5 ...with 35 on the way.

capt salary:

basic : 2000 k.d
housing : 450 k.d
car allownace : 125 k.d
productivity : 1170 k.d based on 80 hrs

total 3745 k.d = 13000 usd

plus...if you are a capt for the last 12 years ...there is experince allowance of 500 k.d (per month)

F/O salary :

basic : 1500 k.d
housing : 450 k.d
car allowance : 100 k.d
productivity : 1035 k.d based on 80 hrs

total 3085 = 10700 usd

____________________________________________________________ _ additional benefits :

schooling : 50 k.d per month ...max 3 children.

____________________________________________________________ _

travelling as pax ...you will pay 5 k.d on any jzr dest ....unlimited amount. the family are included.

a confirmed ticket ( 1 time a year ) for the expats to go home .

annual leave of 42 days. 21 and 21 ( two times a year )

8 days off per month. max monthly hrs 100 ...max yearly hrs 900

jazeera based in kuwait and has a hub in dubai..will be jebel ali later on...and a new hub will come in time to cover europe .

GooD LucK to All of You.

kuwait340
7th Jul 2007, 14:31
good info ...

thanks

MAXMEDLO
9th Jul 2007, 15:09
higher320,

Thats pretty accurate,dont forget the daily layover allowance of 30 kd, thats approx 100 $, for an average of 6-10 nights monthly in DXB

highflyer73
12th Jul 2007, 15:33
Hello Max,

I have applied to Jazeera. Would appreciate if you can tell me what is the interview process like and what to expect?

Thanks.

Buwaleed
29th Jul 2007, 20:05
Very interesting and informative post. Thanks :)

That being said I am considering of becoming an airline pilot, as flying is something that I recently became very passionate about. I am Kuwaiti and been living abroad for some time and would like to get some information and input about how to become a pilot in Q8, its very hard to find any information about how to become a pilot in the Middle East/Kuwait.

Please excuse my ignorance as I know very little about airline pilots, but I do have some knowledge about flying/navigation through some simulators that I spent a lot of time on.

- Does JZR offer training to become a pilot or do I have to take training else where then join JZR?

- Knowing its a new airline, compared to KU as a pilot which is better to start off with?

Any information/links is greatly appreciated and sorry for derailing this thread.

jimmyg
6th Sep 2007, 10:36
Any info on interview panel questions??

jimmyg
10th Sep 2007, 10:49
Does anyone have a interview set for this month?? I have meet with the Chief Pilot and awaiting a call for my panel interview. Any help on what to expect will be greatly appreciated.

spartanzapata
30th Sep 2007, 00:26
Hello..this is in response to your offer of providing any information desired.
Wht is the procedure for applying and is the management willing to make any concessions on the age limit (I m 46)? I m current on A320 and have 600 hours.

dash8pilotCanada
30th Sep 2007, 03:55
can someone tell me what the rosters are like at jazeera.. seems like you gotta spend half your time in kuwait and half your time in dubai.. are there alot of overnighter? lot of up down trips ie KWI-xxx-KWI... long days??

any info would help..

out-of-three
23rd Dec 2007, 13:02
hi guys ...

wanna know some info about jazeera airways in kuwait ??

obscure
1st Jan 2008, 12:29
How many aircrafts is Jazeera using today and are they leased planes or owned?:confused: Thanks.

fractional
1st Jan 2008, 16:22
I believe there is only one owned, and it delivered just a week or 2 ago.

MAXMEDLO
6th Jan 2008, 15:27
Total to date 6, lastest arrived 2 weeks ago,9K-CAF, total ordered 40 A-320's, to be delivered by late 2014.

MML

cheez
20th Jan 2008, 09:37
Are these guys hard over on the A320 type rating, or will they provide one in return for a bond?

Any info appreciated.

Fly4Fun
16th Apr 2008, 19:14
Hi everyone,

Any update on terms and conditions at Jazeera?

Many thanks
F4F

wakala
20th Apr 2008, 14:00
wow..sounds like they gave u a bad run... is it true 10.5k fo and 13k for cpt...

MAXMEDLO
27th Apr 2008, 13:45
This months payslip, that was just credited today actually, capt, 16.0 k.
I guess f/o's get around 11.5 k

Fly4Fun
28th Apr 2008, 22:01
Thanks,

Seems a nice package. Is it for a "standard" month?
I mean as a "standard" month, 80 block hours, house allowance. Do you have any nighstop or layover at Jazeera?

Many thanks in advance
F4F

buzzlight
25th Jun 2008, 15:58
Hi All

Does anyone have any info regarding the Jazeera Airways interview process.

Buzz

nibraska
26th Jun 2008, 13:25
What currency are u talking about?

Blue320
13th Jul 2008, 21:37
I am considering an F/O position. Can anyone tell me anything about the sched, housing, salary, etc.? Much appreciated!

isam707
21st Jul 2008, 17:14
Great airline simple easy 4 sectors a day 5 on 2 off 13800 usd loss of licance insurance midical good national leadership real gentelmen :ok:

nibraska
21st Jul 2008, 19:28
Hello Sir,
do you have any idea if Jazera ever minds the FAA license?
im fromthe meddile east, and im ready to sign as many years with them as a bond.
im also ready to sponser my self till the stage of a SO.

Hope to hear from u.

Thanking you

iyi inisler
22nd Jul 2008, 05:44
Hello guys from inside Jazeera , one more question do they have also home base ticekt

iyi inisler
22nd Jul 2008, 05:49
Other mybe siily qustion guys from there..

How is the Life in Kuwait, western life?
and also reganding package can I get 13.500 USD a month normaly , is it enough to live and save some end of the month in Kuwait? thanks again

grusse
23rd Jul 2008, 17:06
hey can you be Dubai base ???

bin dadah
24th Jul 2008, 07:39
iyi

yes, jazeera provides home base ticket for self, spouse and child

life in kuwait is pretty good, since you don't need to go to night clubs, pubs ...

$13.500 is a little bit overvalued, plan on an average of $12.000

yes you can save money at the end of the month, around $6000 (I am single)

grusse

you cannot be dxb based, some tried but unsuccessfully

Blue320

schedules are mostly night flights
salary includes housing allowance
for package, refer to maxmedlo's post, it's accurate

bin dadah
24th Jul 2008, 07:45
iyi

yes, jazeera provides home base ticket for self, spouse and child

life in kuwait is pretty good, since you don't need to go to night clubs, pubs ...

$13.500 is a little bit overvalued, plan on an average of $12.000

yes you can save money at the end of the month, around $6000 (I am single)

grusse

you cannot be dxb based, some tried but unsuccessfully

Blue320

schedules are mostly night flights
salary includes housing allowance
for package, refer to maxmedlo's post, it's accurate

bjlurzjet
26th Aug 2008, 06:55
Just got an email from a recruiter whom I applied to back in July asking for an updated cv and copies of certificates and documents. He asked if I was available 3rd week of Sept. Anyone work for or know of anyone at Jazeera that I can talk to? Thanks.

jimmyg
26th Aug 2008, 14:23
PM me with your number and I will give you a call

ehcguedes
10th Nov 2008, 19:27
Pleased to talk to you Sir.
I´m considering to apply for a F/O position, have already logged 2500 hrs in the A320/A330, 4500 total, would like to know if there has been any Captain upgrades, what´s the overall status in the Airline.
Thank you very much

PAMPA2000
30th Nov 2008, 20:00
Can't seem to get through their email, the one posted in their website ([email protected] ([email protected])), it doesn't work for me. I am currently unemployed in the US,ex-320 Captain, @ 8500+ ttl hrs, (1600+ on the Bus). Anyone has a different email?, Thanks.

PAMPA2000
30th Nov 2008, 20:11
jimmyg, I just found out you offered help for ex-skybus pilots, I am one of them, still unemployed!, can you help me out?
Thanks

Shaman
1st Dec 2008, 08:20
Would anyone be kind enough to let me know where Jazeera does its simulator training?

Also, how much would an expat have to pay per month for a 2 bed apartment with swimming pool? Is it possible to find a development with pool that is not exclusively for expats?

Thank you.

PAMPA2000
1st Dec 2008, 23:17
Can anyone help me with a contact with Jazeera Airways, other then the one on their webpage, it bounces back.
Thanks in advance.

Shaman
14th Dec 2008, 08:16
If a pilot was to be taken on by Jazeera, would the airline provide tickets for pilot and family at the start of employment and would the airline provide accommodation for a period whilst the pilot finds his own accommodation?

bizjetbus
14th Dec 2008, 10:18
Shaman

I have been looking into Jazeera and a few other gigs in the Middle East. This link will give you an idea of housing in Kuwait. I have no clue about which area to go for but I guess you can go for the most expensive you can find when making your "budget".

expatriates.com - Kuwait - Apartments/Flats/Houses/Studios/Bedsits Available (http://www.expatriates.com/classifieds/kwt/housingavailable/)

bjb

Shaman
15th Dec 2008, 22:39
BJB,

Thanks for the info. I believe that Oman Air will provide accommodation for up to 4 months and I was trying to ascertain if Jazeera did something similar.

Shaman
8th Jan 2009, 08:16
Would any EU citizen who has joined Jazeera be kind enough to advise how long it took you to get a work visa and what documents you were required to show the Kuwaiti Embassy or did Jazeera take care of it for you?

Thank you.

rened1975
23rd Feb 2009, 12:58
Hi! have anyone the Contact Details from jazerra Airways, like Phone Number and on?

Kind Regards

Fly4Fun
19th Mar 2009, 21:43
Hi,

Any update on the package offered by Jazeera?
What's the average take home for a Captain?

Many thanks in advance
Safe landings

Fly4Fun
20th Mar 2009, 17:23
Well, Jazeera terms & conditions still seems to be one of the best kept secrets in aviation. :}

Anyone available to share some info?

Safe landings to all :ok:

daviddea
21st Mar 2009, 02:37
The skybus boys lowered the bar in the USA seems they are trying the same thing in the middle east.

KRUGERFLAP
21st Mar 2009, 05:09
If u going to fly in the OVEN of middle east ,only Whataniya offer a very nice contract. But the place is so hot in the summer ,that is better to be prepare for a SAUNA.

shampoo_9
2nd Apr 2009, 14:24
kuwait is anice place to work

Luibar
28th May 2009, 18:22
Just saw on PPJN the pay for Jazeera Airways. Anyone caring to confirm the values, please?

2,600KD base pay, is it inclusive of house allowance and car allowance? What's the hourly pay for Captains?

There was any review on the education allowance?

Thanks

Avpilot
29th May 2009, 13:59
I think as an FO your total compensation would be around 3700KD/mo. Not sure about Capt. Tough job to get right now....they hired 40 or so Spanish guys with A320 time.

gsi1689
29th May 2009, 20:12
FO 3700KD/mo?:=

1550KD base pay
450KD housing
100KD car
Hourly pay 5/10/22KD

Just a little bit different...
Regards.

Avpilot
31st May 2009, 00:38
Has it come down recently?? I know 2 guys who work there who had told me that they average about 3600 - 3800 and if they fly 100 hours it would be near 4000. I remember hearing that base pay was in the neighborhood of 2200 or so. Perhaps the new hires are being paid less? I will check my sources.

flyby71
23rd Aug 2009, 21:35
Hello Everyone

Just wondering if Jazeera is planning on hiring in the very near future. Completed application online just a few days ago.

Any info would be great, thanks.

Jumbito
10th Sep 2009, 13:08
Hi all!
Any spanish pilots in Jazeera? I´ve heard there are plenty, around 30. I have some issues to ask!
Thanks in advance!
Regards

Giggey
27th Dec 2009, 18:58
Hi all.
Any news regarding Jazeera Airways current recruitment situation?
tks in advance

Deske1
26th Jan 2010, 12:54
Any info about the 2 Jazeera A320s been closed and parked on the taxiway at KWI since 2 weeks?
Shortage of pilots :ok: or shortage of business? :eek:

captin2pac
26th Jan 2010, 17:35
The ceo leasing company wants to make some money from jazeera ..SCUM :mad:

tripleng
31st Jan 2010, 09:17
Goodafternoon,
could someone be so kind to provide me information regarding how to apply?

Many tks,
tripleng.

tripleng
2nd Feb 2010, 06:57
Many tks ekornotek, appreciated.

Tripleng.

Deske1
7th Feb 2010, 14:04
Hoe many flightdeck crew has been terminated?

jimmyg
7th Feb 2010, 23:22
None they are hiring FO's

jimmyg
17th Feb 2010, 01:53
Kuwait's Jazeera keen to pursue carrier acquisition
David Kaminski-Morrow, London (16Feb10, 13:57 GMT, 232 words)

Kuwaiti budget carrier Jazeera Airways is to pursue plans to acquire a Middle Eastern airline this year as part of a strategy to reinforce its presence.
The carrier confirmed its intentions following its agreement to take over its closely-tied Sahaab Aircraft Leasing operation.
Jazeera Airways has not publicly identified a carrier target but has been seeking to expand through other bases.
The takeover of Sahaab, which leases Airbus A320s to Jazeera, gives the airline a "platform" to expand into other areas over 2010-11, says the carrier.
It states that an airline acquisition is among its plans, and a spokesman adds that Jazeera is looking at candidates within the Middle East region - but that it is giving away few other details.
Such a strategy could parallel that of Sharjah-based low-cost carrier Air Arabia, which has expanded into Morocco and Egypt through airline and travel company joint ventures.
Jazeera also expects the Sahaab agreement - which will be completed by the end of March - to give it access to leasing markets worldwide, as well as a "predictable" revenue stream. For the first quarter of 2010, Jazeera expects Sahaab to contribute KD1.2 million ($4.1 million).
The airline will be "even more strongly capitalised to pursue its strategic ambitions", adds chairman Marwan Boodai.
Sahaab will have at least 38 A320s by 2016, as a result of Jazeera's total order for 40 of the type.

Source: Air Transport Intelligence news

Deske1
21st Feb 2010, 09:42
:confused:

Sounds nice.38-40 A320s?However the 2 out of their 11 A320s(9K-CAA and CAE) are still parked,plugged and sleepeng on the taxiway untouched since 2 months......

kinjfa
26th Feb 2010, 12:27
Soo many Fos of Jazeera are leaving the company pretty soon, things are not going very weel into the company:...sad! thanks to their great management!!! 2 months with those 2 A320 stopped...great!

glowplugs
16th Mar 2010, 20:28
Hi everyone! 'wonder how is the working condition now at jazeera? and anyone could share what to expect in the sim evaluation?
many thanks in adv!

cpt320
21st Mar 2010, 14:35
Hi Kinjfa
so what if this F/Os are leaving you should know why :rolleyes::rolleyes:?
they are runnig behind the KDs they did not expect to get that much money when they joinned JZR am i right or not?
now the flying hours are less so they started to complain :{
but anyway it s almost 3 times what they use to get in spain even with less hours So thanks GOD.
for the 2 A/C grounded make sure that it is better to ground an A/C when no business .
-Ryanair to ground 10% of fleet over the winter???????By Danny Fortson, Business Correspondent
-Lufthansa to ground aircraft and reduce ground staff working times??????

ECHIE
21st Mar 2010, 16:01
Dear Cpt 320. I am one of those spanish pilots and just to say that I am alright here but speaking money wise......... I wish I got tree times more then I used to do. I used to be based in Tenerife doing most of the times the 4 hours sector flights. Working more or less 10 days a month and earning minimum 5000 euros net a month (summer month around the 6000 and if I went to Riyadh or any other place a lot of money more!!!). That is after tax etc. Here in Jazeera I am earning around the 3000 kd IF I am flying 70 hours. That will mean 7500 euros. But working much harder, no social security etc. So with other words after deducting 30% for security payment I will be earning the same as in Spain and even less. But also I am paying here a lot of money more for rent of my apartment, grocery shopping, school fees etc......... Even going to the beach where my family can walk in beach wear (no public beaches) cost me money.

So in my opinion Jazeera Airways should do something about the salary like increasing the school allowance, house allowance, give proper medical insurance for the whole family and not only to me. Loss of licence insurance etc.

I am very grateful to Jazeera because they gave me the opportunity to work here and to be honest I am perfectly all right. No reasons for me to leave the company but I can perfectly understand why other colleagues are leaving. Wataniya Airways and Kuwait Airways are offering a much better package and are just next door. Emirates, Etihad and Qatar can offer a much more challenging career for more or less the same money.

Please hopefully you are right and soon they will give us 3 times more then what we where used the earn in Spain. That will make me for sure a very happy pilot here and my wife a very happy shopper!!!

cpt320
21st Mar 2010, 16:52
HI ECHIE
Sorry I didnt mean it
But I think we have to be patient and the things will get better hopefully
soon.
the global economic crisis that hit the world is still here and all the companies are complaining except the ones you named.
But any way too much politics doesn t solve anything.
ALL THE BEST FOR EVERYBODY and GOOD LUCK :ok:

ECHIE
22nd Mar 2010, 13:27
No problem at all my friend...... And Yes Ekornotek I am a happy pilot in Jazeera like I have been in any company I have been working for. There are always some issues in some more then in others but I am happy that I have work that is reasonable paid and nice colleagues to work with.

Darkroom
20th Apr 2010, 13:30
Hi Guys...whats up...whats the latest at Jazeera...no new news on this thread at all...whats the latest with Jazeera...are still down sizing?

grovelpilot
21st Apr 2010, 13:14
no news bad news :}

grovelpilot
10th May 2010, 08:50
new news, very bad news :ouch:

jimmyg
10th May 2010, 15:27
Other than rumors this news wire has been the only substantiated information that the employee group has received from the company:ouch:

jimmyg
10th May 2010, 16:45
The article was misquoted; it was Vigin America who leased the four aircraft

crazyduck
20th May 2010, 16:41
Does anyone know why Jazeera keeps advertising b:mad:t on newspapers instead of telling the truth? 30 Cpt have been fired and 6 aircrafts are on the ground!

jimmyg
21st May 2010, 07:37
As a publicly traded company, it is inherent that Jazeera ensure sustainable profitability for the shareholders.

The market has been hit hard by overcapacity, low yields and weak load factors. Jazeera has been one of the fastest growing airlines in the region. It appears that the time has come to circle the wagons and take a more defensive position to ensure profitability, future growth and maintain the current route network. For the time being this will be done with six aircraft.

Jazeera also wholly owns Shahab Leasing which has secured a lease on at least 4 or so of the eleven aircraft on property. This once again will enhance bottom line profitabilty and put Jazeera in a postion grow when the market conditions permit.

It was really unfortunate to see good folks let go, but this is the airline business. In my career I have seen numerous layoffs, furloughs and once great companies go out of business.

crazyduck
22nd May 2010, 06:38
The market has been hit hard by overcapacity, low yields and weak load factors. Jazeera has been one of the fastest growing airlines in the region. It appears that the time has come to circle the wagon and take a more defensive position to ensure profitability, future growth and maintain the current route network. For the time being this will be done with six aircraft.

Jazeera also wholly owns Shahab Leasing which has secured a lease on at least 4 or so of the eleven aircraft on property. This once again will enhance bottom line profitabilty and put Jazeera in a postion grow when the market conditions permit.

It was really unfortunate to see good folks let go, but this is the airline business. In my career I have seen numerous layoffs, furloughs and once great companies go out of business.:eek:

My dear jimmyg

what about telling the thruth?You hired last batch of pilots 6 months ago and now you fired them plus many others....you failed guys!Your maths were wrong.
this is not airline business this is monkey business:E.
Do you think that you will be able to find again crews ready to join????:E
Oh yes maybe your "permanent"contract will be very attractive...fly for peanuts or fly 100 hrs to get a good salary...that's for sure the target of every pilot of the world.
And congratulations about your propaganda...but i don't think that will continue to be as good as it was.

jimmyg
22nd May 2010, 09:02
I whole heartly agree, damage has been done. Who knows what the future may hold. Stowed the crystal ball long ago.

My hope is that for those who are gone better opportunities arise. For us that are still here we can all maintain positive professional attitudes.

I really cannot get myself in a knot over airline business. No matter what happens in the office or how much I disagree with policy and management decisions. I can only take care of my passengers, crew and do my utmost to provide the safest and most efficient flight possible. Enjoy my days off with the family and collect my paycheck. That way I can sleep soundly at night.

Although interesting to discuss; to use a qoute "nothing personel it is just business"

A320NST
22nd May 2010, 14:35
HI friends,
I'm one of 23 Captain terminated on 12 May. We received a call at about 1730pm to May 11, where we informed that we were fired and had to 1000am at the office for the day May 12. The next day we wanted to sign a letter unilaterally where we took our terminations without just cause. Nobody wanted to sign ... However we are still waiting for the money ... The 23 Captains and 3 FO have this nationality:
15 CAPT and 2 FO Spanish
6 CAPT Italian
1 CAPT potoghese
1 CAPT Dutch
1 FO USA
It 's a shame because it did not follow any criterion of seniority list to keep sxxt like them Arabs:=.
We had a contract "PERMANENT"

A320NST
22nd May 2010, 14:43
NOTAM TO AIRMANS:
VALID UNTIL "PERMANENT"
avoid JAZEERA AIRWAYS they fired you with one phone call. NO HUMAN RIGHTS

glock320
22nd May 2010, 19:51
Guys come to the UAE al-arabia we are hireing now we are the real low cost we make money and we give money J9 is a copycat ,and we are located in the hart of travel not on the side

grovelpilot
23rd May 2010, 14:18
Jazeera Airways is not a low-cost airline, it's a no-cost airline :}

crazyduck
24th May 2010, 05:25
Jazeera right now is like the Titanic with due proportions....the ship is sinking but the musicians keep playing the music....:ugh::D:eek:

ShinjukuHustler
24th May 2010, 05:51
What are the reasons behind the latest movements? Excessive expansion? Under capitalisation? How are the load factors? Perhaps Wataniya is taking a greater toll on them than they anticipated. KUW is a small pond after all.

Never good when folks lose their jobs but when it happens in this part of the world it is usually the expats that get the shaft and not the 'habeebees'...:(

glock320
26th May 2010, 18:19
hi i have got a call fromm Ashhesh for the SIm test In bah and did not respond do you have the number i wish to join Jazeera and fly to India

hairyA320
27th May 2010, 09:04
Glock320 : check you PM
greetz

GULFPILOT76
27th May 2010, 10:18
JIMMYG, Thank god in your second post you "wholeheartedly agreed".
This talk about the interests of share holders makes the hair in my neck stand up. (dutch expression)
I know, I know, shareholders are important but most of them are only interested in financial return and have no involvement in the daily running whatsoever.
All of the beancounters and (brainwashed) flightdept. managers have gotten used to this way of thinking/behaving and bear with it to finance their own asses, what a shame.
But then, unfortunately, this is real life and we have to deal with it until.....it maybe turns around sometime. The financial crisis might just be the start of that change.
Perhaps people come just a little bit more first again, instead of money. Who knows. Wishful thinking or.....?

jimmyg
27th May 2010, 12:11
Yes my friend we do live in a bottom line kind of world. It is a real balancing act to reduce costs and maintain profitability.

I have always been of the school that one hires the best and brightest and reward those employees for their hard work and dedication. The word "team" nowadays just seems to be an over rot catch phrase for inept managment. One needs to create a corporate culture of an inner sense of excellence, with a desire to serve. This of course is much easier said than done in todays what is in it for me work environment.

One of the most successful models for a company has been Southwest Airlines. Herb Kelleher has shown what can be done for an employee group with outstanding leadership skills. " NUTS! SouthWest Airlines Recipe for Business and Personel Sucess " should be mandatory reading for all those who wish to manage.

"If the employees come first, then they're happy, ... A motivated employee treats the customer well. The customer is happy so they keep coming back, which pleases the shareholders. It's not one of the enduring Green mysteries of all time, it is just the way it works"

A320NST
27th May 2010, 16:17
Hi guys,

i think the problem is no the business... the problem is the management:
last year the ex CEO was fired becouse he rubish 5.000.000 EURO;
the OPS managment have business over the recruitment (agency, layover,simulator and line check...)
The last news is that they won't hire 18 pilots (future Captain DEC) ex Kuwait Air Force C130 Hercules and 10 cadet pilot are already in UK oxford aviation academy.
This company is creasy they loss the compass...:eek:

cpt320
28th May 2010, 20:02
What special treatment for the arabs ?
At least we where here on new year when you guys you were supposed flying.
we have been pulled to do your flights .
Did you bring any thing for J9? I believe No except the way how to play we the blocks.any way we believe in god strongly,we have the faith to overcome the things and we will be back in the air with more A/Cs very soooon...................

cpt320
28th May 2010, 20:17
From where did you come guys ?
europ i believe and fired as well no?
so please thank god because since you came you took the hours which means the money + the extra with the magic clock(blocks).
Do you think that i could be hired in any company in europ as an arab Noo
so i think what J9 did is normal at least we re faithful to the company.
ARAB AND PROUD TO BE

cpt320
29th May 2010, 06:13
Hey why you are complaining since you know every thing:D Bad management, bad commercial, lack of vision, you should thank God NO?
JZR will recover when Spain And Europ recover
Ciao Bello:O

ShinjukuHustler
29th May 2010, 09:14
A320NST.... can you shed some light on this comment? "last year the ex CEO was fired becouse he rubish 5.000.000 EURO"

I'm just curious to know what this is about and who is the CEO you mention as I believe that there has been more than one at JZR.

Hustle On :ok:

A320NST
29th May 2010, 09:35
Just to be clear:
1) no one european pilot got warning letter for "magic clock"; is only arabic rumor
2) the J9 VP OPS last dicember organized for the european people vacation into 2 groups: firt from 13/12 up to 28/12 and the other form 29/12 up to 13/01.
Guys you forgot that you are muslim:
25/26 dicember is chrismas
31/01 is Saint Silvestro in Gregorian Calendar....
both of those are christian holidays
For the ex CEO rubish, try to serch the news in the web!!!
From this esperience, I learn that is this part of the World the people have only the money but NO INDUSTRIAL RELACTIONS MENTALITY and NO HUMAN RIGHTS

A320NST
29th May 2010, 09:47
have you already check the aircraft's documents in the cockpit?
No any more JAZEERA AIRWAYS KSC but only JAZEERA LEASING CO!!!!
The actual business plan say if the situation will be recover soon the next aircraft will arrive not before NOVEMBER 2011.

Good luck!!!

cpt320
29th May 2010, 11:25
HEY GUYS WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?
THIS OUR MENTALITY DONT LIKE IT LEAVE IT
SINCE YOU JOINED J9 YOU DID NOT STOP COMPLAINING EVENT YOU REACHED THE POINT OF THREATENING THE COMPANY IF YOU DONT GET YOUR LEAVE AND NOW YOU ARE OUT YOU ARE STILL COMPLAINING SO WHAT DO YOU WANT?
WE ARE PEOPLE WITH ONLY THE MONEY but NO INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS MENTALITY and NO HUMAN RIGHTS THIS IS OUR WAY OF LIFE ACCEPT IT OR LEAVE IT.

crazyduck
29th May 2010, 11:36
From where did you come guys ?
europe i believe and fired as well no? so please thank god because since you came you took the hours which means the moneyDear Cpt 320

What do you mean?
I really like your country and your way of behaving but we have to be careful when we talk about this topic because i don't think that raising such a kind of issue would be helpful.(i am talking to you and A320NST)
You have not only europeans here who came to work,you have egyptians,sirians,jordanians etc.What do you think?That since people came here to work has to be treated like a slave or belongs to a lower social level compared to you?I am sure you don't want to mean this right?
I respect all countries,races,cultures,religions and people of the world no matter if they are pilots,maids,cleaners plumbers etc.Each of us deserve respect as human being.I heard the story of the block timining and i agree with you,is not honest but don't include everyone in your speech.Corruption and greed are common all over the world since centuries unfortunately and i don't think that Kuwait is out of the list right?Everyone came here and brought his human and professional experience.There were many other countries which offered jobs but Gulf area was the choice. None of the foreigners came here to teach or to impose,just to share his/her experience and learn.You laugh about people who lost their jobs and you consider them as desperates, i hope that it will never happen to you and your family.Have you ever thought"how i am gonna look to my kids if i have nothing to feed them?(i am not looking for mercy i am just explaining)or"how i am going to pay my house loan with no money?".What happen here during Gulf war when people lost jobs,friends dignity and beloved people?
Do you think that i could be hired in any company in europ as an arab NooWhy not!Have you ever tried?
I am well aware that if my company reduce its business or goes out of it i will be kicked out because i am not kuwaiti that's for sure.

Last but not least
some people here lost their jobs maybe they are still upset, some complaints are understandable but not those referred to race and religions.

God(mine,yours etc)bless you and everyone else Cpt320

cpt320
29th May 2010, 12:49
Sorry no meanings just answering to some comments when the word ARAB has been mentioned.
I didn’t want to hurt any body no difference for me even if you are from low, middle, or high class, Christian , Jewish or what ever we are all humans being and we accept our destiny.
I feel very sorry for the people who were fired it could BE ME but I am still here thanks God.
The road a head of us is not easy but we believe in the future keep in PEACE.

kwt-pilot
10th Jun 2010, 23:16
any news guys for Jazeera?

Angry Flyer
25th Aug 2010, 13:13
In an announcement to Kuwait stock exchange Jazeera Airways dropped its capital increase today, its going to join Sama airlines bankruptcy fate :{.

Angry Flyer
25th Aug 2010, 13:18
In an announcement to Kuwait stock exchange Jazeera Airways dropped its capital increase today, its going to join Sama airlines bankruptcy fate http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/boohoo.gif.

moredrag
25th Aug 2010, 20:40
I don't know, but after the redundancies and the fleet readjustment they should be able to see better numbers after the third quarter, I wonder how the other two (KAC & WAN) are doing.

jimmyg
25th Aug 2010, 21:01
Jazeera bids to shore up capital as liabilities exceed assets
David Kaminski-Morrow, London (25Aug10, 12:49 GMT, 162 words)

Middle Eastern budget carrier Jazeera Airways has admitted that its current liabilities exceed its assets, as it works to shore up its financial position.
The Kuwaiti operator says its management is expecting shareholders and lenders, as well as the company's business strategy, to "provide liquidity necessary" for it to meet outstanding obligations.
In a statement to the Kuwaiti stock exchange today the airline revealed that its latest interim financial statement had omitted "by mistake" a crucial part of its auditor's report.
The missing section included the disclosure that current liabilities were exceeding the airline's assets.
Jazeera Airways operates a fleet of Airbus A320 aircraft to several destinations in the Middle East but the airline has been leasing some of its jets to Virgin America.
In a further disclosure today the airline says it still plans to raise KD20 million ($69 million) in capital through issuing 200 million shares but will revise the terms by dropping a planned KD0.050 premium.

Source: Air Transport Intelligence news

cabair_kuwait
2nd Sep 2010, 10:47
im sponsored by jazeera and there are lots of rumors here going on which are not true .. jazeera is not going bankrupt .. actually it is expanding enormously .. and yes there are couple of spanish pilots

glock320
5th Sep 2010, 10:46
Hi can any one give me Ashhesh mobile no ;)

leteci
9th Oct 2011, 08:50
Guys to all of you who want to join Jazeera Airways they start hiring again.
Interview will be every month for next 2 years.
Hiring only A320 F/O no CPT.
The best way is to call company or apply via Contract Air but only problem is are you able to live in Kuwait????
Ask that yourself before go there for interview!
Good luck guys!

leteci
9th Oct 2011, 09:20
Jazeera is hirinig only A320 F/O call them directly they are going to expand.

jimmyg
9th Oct 2011, 12:21
The idea of Jazeera's growth are unfounded and speculative at best.

The hiring is only to cover the attrition.

crazyduck
9th Oct 2011, 15:34
Dear Ladies and Gents
Please read carefully

1)Kuwait is not a place for singles if your family is not with you you will be bored all day long.
2)You have to ask to the management ,Vp flight ops,the permission to leave the country:eek::eek: when you are off and you want to go to Dubai,Bahrein to enjoy some drinks.
3)They won't give you more than 2 days off in a row because they don't want you to leave the country.
4)As an expat you are considered a bi:mad:ch by locals and a slave(this is the general concept they have about all the manpower running their country)so be ready to be called on stby,to have many roster changes etc because you will be flying all the sh:mad:y flights that locals will reject like night flights ugly places etc or flying during week end.
Forget about the western way of crm and cockpit management,if you will say something they will be ready to invent a lot of bull:mad:t to explain their strange principles of flight:E.
5)Kuwaiti dinar is a very strong currency but now it reached its highest value,go to www.xe.com (http://www.xe.com/) and have a look to the average value of this currency.
6)Housing allowance won't be enough unless you don't want to rent a crappy place in the middle of nowhere.Add 200kwd from your pocket to get a decent place,250-300 for a nice place by the sea because i am sure that the sea view will be more suitable for you.
7)Kuwait is an easy place with a good weather all year,in april there are some dust storms but other than that the weather is pleasant and if you like the sea you will enjoy it.If your child suffers from any breathing problem don't go there because dust is very bad there and wil be inside your home every day even if you clean 24hrs...plus the air is very dry and this won't help him/her.(i have never had problems but a local pediatrician told me about it)
8)You can get very good deals with car,bikes,boats etc
9)Food quality is very good
10)If you wil meet the right kuwaitis you will miss them by the time you will leave i met 5 or 6 of them
good luck and safe flights

moredrag
9th Oct 2011, 18:20
all the above correct, also expect a lonnnnnnnng wait for command upgrade, at least 5 yrs. There is no expansion, it is just a carrot to bring you in, there are better options out there :ok:

glock320
22nd Nov 2011, 06:50
Hi wataniya is re lunching its atalantic Service this summer to JFK VIA LHR any news

dyingforflying
30th Nov 2011, 08:23
Does anybody has some information about the recruitment process? I thought it would be the interview and a sim ride. But maybe there is some more. Please help me

Bypass ratio
6th Dec 2011, 03:39
"HEY GUYS WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?
THIS OUR MENTALITY DONT LIKE IT LEAVE IT
SINCE YOU JOINED J9 YOU DID NOT STOP COMPLAINING EVENT YOU REACHED THE POINT OF THREATENING THE COMPANY IF YOU DONT GET YOUR LEAVE AND NOW YOU ARE OUT YOU ARE STILL COMPLAINING SO WHAT DO YOU WANT?
WE ARE PEOPLE WITH ONLY THE MONEY but NO INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS MENTALITY and NO HUMAN RIGHTS THIS IS OUR WAY OF LIFE ACCEPT IT OR LEAVE IT"

Just want to let you know that when you come to my part of the world, don't get upset when your vilified and treated like a second rate citizen for your rediculous views on religion and human rights abuses.
So typical of an arabs view on life. "We are people with only the money". So true as there is absolutely no cents/sense........:D

Paishinel
6th Dec 2011, 05:55
The smoke and mirror magic in the deserts is bound to show up sooner or later. Commiserations with the unfortunate guys; but believe me, it will be a blessing in disguise. Good luck.

JOB HUNTER
27th Nov 2013, 14:04
Hi everybody ,

I got an interview with Jazeera airways and i am looking any infos about the company.
Anybody can share with me some lights ?
Any info will be appreciated

Best regards
JH

crazyduck
28th Nov 2013, 03:37
Hi everybody ,

I got an interview with Jazeera airways and i am looking any infos about the company.
Anybody can share with me some lights ?
Any info will be appreciated

Best regards
JH

Kuwait is ok no one bothers you.Kuwaitis good people.
Jazeera...low cost ops,Night flights,annual leave hard to get on your holidays(Noel,new year's eve and Easter...) if you are an expat.Good money exchange rate, good working environment.There is just a nationality among pilots i would avoid... they are not on crm manuals :E i will leave you the pleasure to figure it out:E
safe flights
cd

ironbutt57
6th Dec 2013, 05:40
Capt 320…you cannot buy "class" and obviously you don't have any…

StrIA
12th Feb 2015, 19:26
Has anyone passed interview recently?
What are subjects, questions, etc?
What are conditions for job?
Is it possible a deceit? I'm mean about money.

airbus_indigo
23rd Jul 2015, 14:10
Whatever the offer given by different recruiters is hardly right info. A big no no.:ugh::ugh::ugh::*:=

Flyboy_SG
4th Mar 2016, 08:52
Not a good airline.

SANDPITHOLDING
12th Oct 2017, 12:24
Could someone update if the current terms are equal to what agencies are offering?

I got invited for an interview and I would like to know a bit more about this airline before considering what to do.

Cheers

Roaming_pilot
29th Oct 2017, 14:22
simply don't join....

Hasibt
23rd Nov 2017, 13:31
I have an interview scheduled with Jazeera Airways any interview gouges will be helpfull and if someone could tell us something about the working condition like schedule, days off ...
thanx

tanghao
23rd Nov 2017, 13:50
Does Aljazeera recruit direct entry captains?

Hasibt
23rd Nov 2017, 14:19
Yes but I but i think not at this time they are looking for FO

stranotipo
23rd Nov 2017, 17:09
Contract is ridiculous

Hasibt
25th Nov 2017, 08:28
Hello guys... any more information please!!!
I do undestand that the contract is not that good but how bad is it may be is a good start for a couple of years.
This will be my first expat job and i m qualified on a small jet as a FO with frozen ATPL and could not find much better?

furioussphinx
27th Nov 2017, 16:01
I just got a call for an assessment on December for DEFO, package looks good. But considering the past records of the company, I am skeptical. Can anyone who works or knows anyone working for the airline now shed some light on how the company is now?

Thanks

FANS340
29th Nov 2017, 17:32
The Company got 7 aircraft and 2 more are joining next January and March to expand the network to 4 new Indian destinations. Currently hiring DEC, DEFO and upgrading own FOs. Stable rosters, except high season, with 8 or 9 days OFF only 2 of these in a row. Yearly average hours about 840 hours.
Most of them easy routes, fleet average age is around 8 years. Operational environment is good.
There's no official plan vacation, one of the big setbacks, requests will be approved or rejected 3 weeks before.
The package might look good to you, however you should compare the cost of living between the place you live and Kuwait. Check www.numbeo.com for your reference (select Salmiya inside Kuwait, a well known area for expats).
If you were invited to the screenings I recommend to attend and see by yourself. They pay return ticket and hotel expenses.

SHAGE006
1st Nov 2018, 08:48
Hey any info about class 1 medical in Jazeera Airways .
Like what all tests are done.
please

UdD
7th Nov 2018, 15:03
Hi guys, Any news about jazeera interview and sim check is highly appreciated. If anyone has anything to say please one step forward :) Thanks a lot.

SHAGE006
21st Dec 2018, 14:20
The exercises on simulator are quite basic .
Eng failure & a manual holding on VOR .Dual fcu fault.
Hotel & flights provided on network.
HR people are quite good. Money is great.
But life’s boring in Kuwait.
Overall airline looks promising & their branding strategy is working quite well.

Fawaz
18th Jan 2020, 12:09
Hi guys any feedback on skype technical interview much appreciated please . Safe skies

Just_landed
24th Feb 2020, 10:46
Hi all,
Does anybody has a salary update and package for DEC 320 in Jazeera?

Many Thanks in advance.

Daddy Fantastic
25th Feb 2020, 07:27
Does Jazeera take experience non type rated pilots for the 320? I have plenty of jet hours but no A320 rating. Over 6000 TT.

UdD
28th Feb 2020, 19:58
For a F/O with 90 hours you're gonna make about 12-13K $. For captain 15-16K $ (Housing allowance,School allowance, Medical insurance and transportation allowance included.)

As a company, you will work in a very friendly and relax atmosphere. All office staff is looking forward to help you under all circumstances. Everyone is smiling to each other.
Stable and promising company. And in a good way for doing better.

You might be exhausted during night flights especially in peak season but as all we know there is no paradise for pilots. At least they pay you a lot after squeezing you :)

That's to say, you will enjoy your life, earn a lot and have a good life.

Python27
29th Feb 2020, 06:16
In KWI right.....?

Flysly
19th Sep 2023, 02:25
Guys any latest info on hiring ? Interview,sim, etc ? Any info plz

HQFL
25th Nov 2023, 19:14
For a F/O with 90 hours you're gonna make about 12-13K $. For captain 15-16K $ (Housing allowance,School allowance, Medical insurance and transportation allowance included.)

As a company, you will work in a very friendly and relax atmosphere. All office staff is looking forward to help you under all circumstances. Everyone is smiling to each other.
Stable and promising company. And in a good way for doing better.

You might be exhausted during night flights especially in peak season but as all we know there is no paradise for pilots. At least they pay you a lot after squeezing you :)

That's to say, you will enjoy your life, earn a lot and have a good life.

13k a month and is the pay for Kuwaitis more and how much more

Richard_
2nd Mar 2024, 19:55
hello any FO's here whom have enrolled on the eagle jet programme for the FO programme, wanted to ask how the programme is and general life style

9xenjoyer
3rd Mar 2024, 05:33
89000+USD for 500hrs with no pay or employee benefits! Crazy times...
From my friends in the company i heard that they have to fight for the first 250hrs or so until they finish line check as company doesn't have enough training captains/instructors to supervise the cadets.. most only fly 10-20hrs/month though they were promised a lot more. They have the same thing for locals but its directly by jazeera not through eaglejet. No pay until 500hrs after that 1400USD, for that money in Kuwait or anywhere in gcc don't bother about asking the lifestyle...

Richard_
3rd Mar 2024, 22:38
what other options are there for low hour cadets looking for that 1st airline job,

Richard_
4th Mar 2024, 18:22
89000+USD for 500hrs with no pay or employee benefits! Crazy times...
From my friends in the company i heard that they have to fight for the first 250hrs or so until they finish line check as company doesn't have enough training captains/instructors to supervise the cadets.. most only fly 10-20hrs/month though they were promised a lot more. They have the same thing for locals but its directly by jazeera not through eaglejet. No pay until 500hrs after that 1400USD, for that money in Kuwait or anywhere in gcc don't bother about asking the lifestyle...

sent u a PM buddy

Smoke mountain
24th Mar 2024, 19:45
as i heard form friends there the program was much better when it was direct with Jazeera, 1500 hours for the same money,you get paid as soon you finish your base training, the only problem is that they are turning to Arabia where they are taking cadets beyond their capacity ,at the moment they don't have enough training captains to manage, 1400$ is not even close to live decant life in Kuwait, but anyways good luck.