PDA

View Full Version : Apprenticeships

captainmacuk
19th Aug 2001, 21:00
Hi guys,

Just wanting to know of any apprenticeships you guys might know off, i am an aircraft engineer wannabee and apart from the BA professional engineer program(PEP) and the RAF technician apprenticeship where are the other openings in the industry for wannabbees like myself, do your companys do them?

I am currently studying aeronautical engineering at college and have 6 weeks experience with BA engineering at Glasgow on 737,(just thought i would tell you that)

see ya

Aerosexual
20th Aug 2001, 02:46
If you would like to move to oz I believe that there are a few places going in Qantas and as few of the regional airlines.

Cheers :D

Blacksheep
20th Aug 2001, 08:20
We placed many of our apprentices at AirUk at Norwich. You might try them. The quality of the resulting tradesmen is encouragingly high. (With the advent of JAR66, most are now sent to Lufthansa. :( )

Through difficulties to the cinema

captainmacuk
20th Aug 2001, 13:11
Hi again,

Cheers for the replies any others would be greatly appreciated,

Do you guys know of any contact numbers or websites for these companys,

See ya

gas path
20th Aug 2001, 20:41
I believe British Airways at Cardiff have an apprenticeship scheme.
BAMC (http://www.bamc.co.uk/)

the funky munky
21st Aug 2001, 02:09
There is always BAE or Rolls Royce and if you're really desparate the MOD run a Graduate Engineer programme.

wryly smiling
21st Aug 2001, 03:53
The BAMC scheme is a 4 year traineeship,their term not mine,during which you study for your JAR 66 ticket at CAMT( top college NOT) after the scheme you come out as approved mechanic and wait for a technicians job

SchmiteGoBust
21st Aug 2001, 06:09
Captain,
Try British Aerospace at Woodford (Stockport, Cheshire). Very good apprenticeship I've been told. Also you could try ringing FLS Aerospace--The manchester number is 0161 499 3999.
Monarch at Luton do apprenticeships as well.Good luck old bean!!!
Tiff Tiff.

400 Hertz
21st Aug 2001, 12:33
I hear that Bristow Helicopters are starting up a engineering trainee courses at Redhill and one at their Aberdeen base. www.bristowtraining.com (http://www.bristowtraining.com)

Sid and Coke
25th Aug 2001, 23:05
Marshall of Cambridge have an Appretice scheme. The work there mostly seems to be Heavy Maint and Mods on large Civil (747,MD-11,Tri-star, and Large Mil transport (C130 Herc's) I don't have an address but you seem like a resourceful lad, good luck.