PDA

View Full Version : Globespan to EDI at 2am?

Stockpicker
7th Jul 2005, 07:22
Morning all,

Trying to plan a last minute summer holiday, and noticed that Globespan are flying direct Edinburgh/Malaga - lovely, thinks I. Then I notice the time of the return flight - out of AGP at 23.35, into EDI at 02.05!! Quite apart from the fact that it's out of the question to do a flight at that hour with a five year-old, I thought there were restrictions at EDI as to how late they were allowed to have flights arrive and depart? Pity the poor folk living round about if not!

Scottie
7th Jul 2005, 08:06
Check out their ALC, it arrived back into EDI around the same time.

Also their AGP that gets into GLA at 0525

Definitely not a career move now...

As for night flights, EDI has quite a big cargo operation so the odd charter flight now and again isn't a problem.

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
7th Jul 2005, 14:10
FlyGlobespan are a scheduled airline not a charter airline, they are as much a charter airline as easyjet are.

Fly from GLA and get better flight times:p

Exasperated
7th Jul 2005, 20:53
EK

Don't mislead

I take it you want to travel on a Saturday.

There are normally two flight each way on Sats, one in the morning and an extra late at night, so I assume the daytime flight is already sold out.

Have another look or try another day.

Ex

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
7th Jul 2005, 20:56
It was a joke hence the smily but there are at least 5 airlines flying this route from GLA so you are bound to get better flight times.

www.mytravelflights.com
www.thomsonfly.com
www.air-scotland.com
www.thomascook.com
www.excelairways.com

GoEDI
8th Jul 2005, 01:36
Indeed, this is the 2nd flight of the day, so either try and catch the earlier flight of an Air Scotland (not advisable) flight.;) Although recently Air Scotland have been doing a better job of running on time than Flyglobespan have been...

afterdark
8th Jul 2005, 01:59
I bet the 5 year old handles the night flight better than you think due to they allways enjoy a wee nap in the afternoon heat (thats your q to have one too while the other half doesx last minute shopping and your excuse to get out of it )

just remember to make sure you have the hotel room up to your departure time