PDA

View Full Version : Coloured Smoke Ingrediants?

Milt
7th Jul 2005, 06:57
Smoke trails from aircraft are usually produced by vapourising some sort of oil in engine exhaust or jet pipe.

What is mixed in the oil to produce the various colours red. green, blue or whatever?

Laikim Liklik Susu
7th Jul 2005, 11:11
Milt,
I think the coloured trails are usually caused by smoke flares (just as mariners use for daytime distress signalling).

I don't think the coloured smoke is caused by injection of oil onto the hot exhaust pipe like the usual white cloud (usually vegetable oil or diesel)

Big Tudor
8th Jul 2005, 08:29
Milt

If you look on the Red Arrows (http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/dyeteam.html) pages then they reveal all the secrets. :ok:

Gainesy
9th Jul 2005, 06:23
Diesel pumped in to the exhaust produces white smoke. Red, blue, green etc are produced by pre-mixing the diesel with the relevant coloured dyes.

BEagle
9th Jul 2005, 07:14
So - chemtrails rally exist then....:\

A good wind up for the conspiracy theorists would be to put the word around that 'something' in the smoke also ensures that the crowd behave in a submissive manner due to the suppression of adrenalin in the human body....:E

Wholigan
9th Jul 2005, 07:41
You've done it now BEags! Let the cat out of the bag good and proper. Watch out for the Omega with the dark windows mate.

BEagle
10th Jul 2005, 07:00
Not the black Omegas......aarrggh!

Before they drag me off, didn't we have some rear tank isolation switches in the Hunter so that we could keep the 'agent' in the rear tanks isolated until we got to the area which needed pacifying, before we opened the tanks, allowing the agent to be mixed and cooked to the right submission index by the engine? Precursor in the left tank and active element in the right, if I recall correctly? Then a quick run over the target at height and the population would be suitably treated.....

It certainly worked over (deleted by Echelon....)

:E

Pilgrim101
10th Jul 2005, 07:05
They obviously spray it around at Partick Thistle's ground too then ?

Milt
10th Jul 2005, 07:29
The Dye

Is the dye the same stuff they put in basic white paint these days to make it the colour you want ?

And perhaps the Red Arrows are about to install dual systems to produce striped smoke.!!!

The systems described in the Red Arrows link must be one of Heath Robinson's better efforts.

Pontius Navigator
10th Jul 2005, 14:19
The CW Hunter from a secret Wiltshire base did a simulated chemical attack at an airfield not far from here.

Very impressive. We all got wet from almost half a mile away.