PDA

View Full Version : Airlines In Chile

UnfrequentFlyer
7th Jul 2005, 05:12
I have been thinking about moving to Chile. I am very interested in Chile. It is a very beautiful and clean country. How difficult is it for an american to land a decent flying gig. Other than Lan, what other airlines or charter ops are there? Any references or help would be greatly appreciated.

Glonass
9th Jul 2005, 02:19
There are mainly 2 other companies: Sky Airline and Aerolíneas del Sur both flying 737-200 altough rumors are that one of them wants to operate a B767 soon.

As to whether or not you can get a job... you must be able to work in spanish, and have a chilean CPL (for an F/O) or an ATPL (for a Captain). That's about it.

Once you meet those requirments, get in touch and will work out the other asects of the employment. And you must be willing to come down to Santiago do some pr in order to land a job. e-mail, letters or phone calls won't get you anywhere.

Oh! I must not forget to mention that your chances to land a job are proportional to your experience (i.e. TT).

GlueBall
13th Jul 2005, 19:01
And SCL is not so "clean," especially now, during winter when smog and pollution levels are semi lethal....:ooh: