PDA

View Full Version : Another question!

unonome
18th Aug 2001, 04:00
Does anyone know of any good websites/books with good info on the basic theory of Triangular/Square waves as required by the JAR 66 syllabus? Also, if anyone has sat the JAR 66 exam recently, what depth do you need to know this subject? (for the B1 license that is?

Noted
18th Aug 2001, 10:37
Triangular/Square waves are part of the JAR66 AC Theory ( Submodule 3.13 ). For B1 a level 2 knowledge is required. Submodule 3.13 also includes; Sinusoidal waveform: phase, period, frequency, cycle. Instantaneous, average, root mean square, peak, peak to peak current values and calculations of these values, in relation to voltage, current and power. Single / 3 phase principles.

See also the " Conehead " Topic

:)

[ 18 August 2001: Message edited by: Noted ]

Psiontech
18th Aug 2001, 15:35
Has anybody applied for or got an JAR 66 conversion exam from BCAR A&C, I have got mine in November @ E Midlands.
A very good web site is airmech.co.uk I have quite a few hundred JAR 66 electric question would u like a copy of them? :D

unonome
19th Aug 2001, 17:58
Thanks for replying,
I would indeed like a copy of the questions that you have available. Would it be possible for you to e-mail them to me? Also, anyone else out there got any study material/tips to help converting an 'A' and 'C' license to an unlimited 'B1'. Thanks in advance for any help!